Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roger Stone Gagged

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

If anyone here thinks Stone is any smarter than Trump on keeping his mouth shut ... then I have a Bridge for you to buy.
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello anatta,

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    A federal judge has placed a gag order on longtime Donald Trump associate Roger Stone and attorneys involved in his criminal case, though Stone's ability to speak publicly isn't completely restricted.

Lawyers "for the parties and the witnesses must refrain from making statements to the media or in public settings that pose a substantial likelihood of material prejudice to this case," Judge Amy Berman Jackson wrote.
    They, their clients and even Stone are also not allowed to speak in and around the courthouse.
    In her order, Jackson notes how effective Stone has been in gaining followers, critics and media attention. She notes "the size and vociferousness of the crowds that have already been attracted to these proceedings, and the risk that public pronouncements by the participants may inflame those gatherings."

Jackson's gag order on the attorneys matches word for word the gag order she put on former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, his deputy Rick Gates, their attorneys and others involved in their cases soon after their 2017 indictment. Manafort's and Gates' teams have interpreted that order to be very strict, preventing them from speaking nearly at all times with reporters and in public venues.

Twice, Manafort's and Gates' actions drew reprimands from Jackson that they had crossed the line of the order: once after Gates appeared in a video to raise money for his legal defense and the other after Manafort ghost-wrote an op-ed for a Ukrainian newspaper in support of himself.
    Jackson noted to Stone on Friday that "there will be no additional restrictions imposed on the defendant's public statements or appearances at this time."

Stone has made several rounds of media interviews -- even starring in a video about how to dress for a court appearance -- since his arrest on January 25. Jackson has already barred Stone from contacting any potential witnesses in his case, even indirectly, including Jerome Corsi and Randy Credico, who've spoken about their work with him as he sought to get in touch with WikiLeaks about damaging Democratic emails in 2016.

Stone has pleaded not guilty to the seven counts he faces, including one count of obstruction of an official proceeding, five counts of false statements and one count of witness tampering. The witness tampering charge pertains to Stone's alleged attempts to influence Credico, a New York radio host and Stone's alleged WikiLeaks back channel, before Credico testified to Congress. Credico has denied that he acted as an intermediary.
    Stone has said the charges are politically motivated and that he will not testify against the President.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/15/polit...der/index.html
    I would have been pleased if Stone was locked up with no bail and no access to media.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #33 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,627 Times in 17,064 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by climate+equality View Post
    The ACLU defends people's liberty. The right say they are for liberty, but in fact it is only for certain individuals.
    I know of no one on the right who claims the ACLU defends "liberty." They claim they fight for an individual's rights as defined by the constitution, but they have their own interpretation of the constitution.
    Myself, I think they're a bunch of America hating law school losers who despise our constitution and the traditions this country was founded on.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,340 Times in 10,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    If anyone here thinks Stone is any smarter than Trump on keeping his mouth shut ... then I have a Bridge for you to buy.
    He posted a photo of the judge with cross hairs in the background. How fucking incredibly stupid is THAT?

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

everyone interested in fairness should hate this. You have stories about the mueller investigation in the news maybe weekly. Some of it may even be leaked by them. Yet the defendent is not allowed to speak. If the jury pool is "tainted" then it already has been tainted.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Are you going to bat for Roger Stone?
    Of course, he's a Trumptard russobot fraud, former left winger when it suited his masters who pay him
    8 cents per post from St Petersberg