Members banned from this thread: Blackwater Lunchbreak, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke and Bobb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Dream Of A US System Where Nobody Gets Paid To Prevent You From Getting Health Care

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,247 Times in 7,659 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Medicare for All is not enough.

We really need a National Health Service.

Where doctors live very good lives and are well rewarded for their hard work.

And everybody gets all the treatment they need without ever getting a bill for it.

Nobody dies because they can't afford health care.

Nobody goes broke or has to give up everything because of a medical event in their life.

We can do this. We are a very rich country.

Cubans live longer than we do, for crying out loud.

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

Why should anybody get paid to deny health care to people who thought it was supposed to be covered?

Why should that even be a job?

Who makes up these rules?

Oh yeah. The super-rich insurance and big pharma profiteers who are rich because they control our health care system and much of our government. The 'job creators.'

Come on, people.

We can do better.
    Yup...this is where the problem meets the road.

The profit motive has doctors in the repeated, "see me in 3 months" mode...where "see me if any problems develop" should be the case.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

PoliTalker (02-14-2019)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello bhaktajan,

Quote Originally Posted by bhaktajan View Post
    FORCED LABOR for All is not enough.

We really need a National FORCED TO WORK Service.

Where SKILLED LABOR live very good lives and are well rewarded for their hard work.

And everybody gets all the treatment they need without ever getting a bill for it.

Nobody dies because they can't afford SKILLED LABOR.

Nobody goes broke or has to give up everything because of a medical event in their life.

We can FORCED TO this. We are a very rich country of SKILLED LABOR.

Country Bumpkins live longer than we do, for crying out loud.

Why should SKILLED LABOR get paid to deny FORCED LABOR to people who thought it was supposed to be covered?

Why should that even be a job?

Who makes up these SKILLED LABORERS?

Oh yeah. The super-rich SKILLED LABOR and big SKILLED LABOR profiteers who are rich because they control our FORCED LABOR and much of our SKILLED LABOR. The 'job creators.'

Come on, SKILLED LABOR.

We can do YOUR JOB better.

Musical chairs and ponzie schemes go round and round…
    Most of what you've edited now makes no sense. Most American workers work hard without the profit motive. Most American workers don't get paid any more for working hard than they do for just showing up. The motivation they have to work hard is if they don't, they get fired. They work hard, not for the incentive of higher pay, but out of fear of losing their job, their income, and their health care. Most Americans would never consider going on a general strike because they don't want to lose their job, their income, their home, or their health care.

In France the government fears the people. If the workers go on strike, it shuts everything down.

In America the people fear the government. Conservatives tend to be very fearful of the government.

Let me just say something.

The government works for We, The People.

The biggest problem with our government is the POWER of BIG MONEY buying government off.

Government is not the problem.

Big money corruption, THE DC SWAMP, is the problem.

President Trump promised to fix that. Instead, he has made it worse.

President Trump IS the swamp.

President Trump doesn't serve the American public, as he is supposed to.

President Trump serves THE SUPER-RICH.

President Trump promised us a 'great' health care system that everybody was going to 'love.'

All he did was wreck the PPACA and make it worse.

President Trump LIED, broke his promise, and let us down.

We need to get rid of Trump, and elect a president and more legislators who are truly there to serve the American public.

Then maybe we can get the health care system we need.

One that covers everybody, keeps costs low, and does not link health care to employment.

Health care should be a RIGHT, regardless of ability to work or pay.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Review all the criteria and none qualify.
    All do. They cover you from birth. They cover you your whole life. You don't go bankrupt if you get sick. They have longer lives and are healthier because they can access the system without worries. The health care ,in every single industrial nation, is rated higher than ours.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

HEllo Nordberg,

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    All do. They cover you from birth. They cover you your whole life. You don't go bankrupt if you get sick. They have longer lives and are healthier because they can access the system without worries. The health care ,in every single industrial nation, is rated higher than ours.
    Simply the stress of not knowing that everything is covered is a health risk.

Most countries with universal health care don't have people who are paid to, and get bonuses for, denying care.

Every day somebody like that works, it hurts our country.

It is a negative job.

And it lowers our GDP.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    It doesnt bother you that nowhere does such a magical system exist ?
    What does that mean? Seems pretty apparent that many very effective systems exist in other industrialized nations. Everybody is covered, they pay less, they live longer. Hello. What the heck is the problem with any of those things?