Members banned from this thread: Blackwater Lunchbreak, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Evmetro, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke and Bobb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: El Paso A Tale Of Two Rallies. The Implications Are Huge. The Pictures Tell The Story

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Stretch,

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    I wasn't even complaining about BetaBoy. I only mentioned it's the START of the 2020 campaign season. His following will grow, he'll decide at some point to stay or go, he'll have a campaign committee to organize better, they'll have some gear added, etc. etc. etc.

If he's your guy, good luck & have fun. Others will enjoy their choices as well. Peace already. Geeeeesh.
    No big.

We're good.

I was just lookin for a soapbox. Thanks for providing that.

Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

I hope you are well today?

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    I'll hand it to you, you're correct on that. Open borders, after birth abortions, free college, race reparations by and for people who never even had relatives involved in the slave trade, anti-semitism by muslim legislators no less, ban all combustion engines. It takes a lot of imagination to come up with those ideas.
    Maybe a good thing to know is that not everybody on the left wants everything on that list. Some of it if favored by very few. Stereotypes just aren't really very good representations for reality. Real life is more complex, far more varied.

And you should be able to relate to this. I'm sure you have lots of conservative friends. Think about the people you know and how they feel. They don't all agree on every part of what President Trump, the leader of the Republican party, is doing. Do they? So if a liberal tried to imply that all conservatives believe ______ and support________ ______ ________ (see if that works no matter what you fill in) then you wouldn't agree with that liberal would you? There's degrees of how far to the right some views go. Some more, some less. All conservatives are not the same.

So why is it so easy for people to believe everybody on the left believes X? Or imply it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,498 Times in 7,586 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello anonymoose,

I hope you are well today?

Maybe a good thing to know is that not everybody on the left wants everything on that list. Some of it if favored by very few. Stereotypes just aren't really very good representations for reality. Real life is more complex, far more varied.

And you should be able to relate to this. I'm sure you have lots of conservative friends. Think about the people you know and how they feel. They don't all agree on every part of what President Trump, the leader of the Republican party, is doing. Do they? So if a liberal tried to imply that all conservatives believe ______ and support________ ______ ________ (see if that works no matter what you fill in) then you wouldn't agree with that liberal would you? There's degrees of how far to the right some views go. Some more, some less. All conservatives are not the same.

So why is it so easy for people to believe everybody on the left believes X? Or imply it.
    I agree. For yrs. dims labeled all repub voters as RWNJ's based on what only a few were saying (e.g., legitimate rape).
    You're correct, few dims agree with all that I posted. Problem is, is that only dims are proposing those kooky proposals. Pubs no doubt have their nuts, e.g., Steve King from Iowa that sees nothing wrong with 'white nationalism'.
    It gives the impression to me that the democratic party has now taken over the mantle of irrationality. The pendulum swings.