Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: There is no "wall" in the border security deal

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    8,860
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,140 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 326 Times in 320 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default There is no "wall" in the border security deal

    Rep. David Price (D-NC) joined Lawrence O'Donnell to discuss the just-announced agreement of the conference committee meeting to appropriate funds for Homeland Security. As Price explained, there is a deal, and the deal actually includes less money for the border wall than he would have had if they had passed a continuing resolution based on current funding levels.

    "There is funding for a wall of this deal but it is a something considerably less than the concrete barrier that [Trump] was talking about and it is far less than the funding in any of the alternatives that we were dealing with," Price explained. "The number is less than the two billion that would be available, a good deal less than the 2 billion that would be available if we passed a continuing resolution for the rest of the year and many billions less than what Trump shut down the government over."

    Price pointed out there are already a lot of fences on the border, that crossings are at a 40-year low, and the issue right now is people turning themselves in and requesting asylum.

    There are some other indicators suggesting that Trump actually will sign this, in spite of his interview with Laura Ingraham taking place directly after his El Paso rally.

  2. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    8,860
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,140 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 326 Times in 320 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Rep. David Price (D-NC) joined Lawrence O'Donnell to discuss the just-announced agreement of the conference committee meeting to appropriate funds for Homeland Security. As Price explained, there is a deal, and the deal actually includes less money for the border wall than he would have had if they had passed a continuing resolution based on current funding levels.

    "There is funding for a wall of this deal but it is a something considerably less than the concrete barrier that [Trump] was talking about and it is far less than the funding in any of the alternatives that we were dealing with," Price explained. "The number is less than the two billion that would be available, a good deal less than the 2 billion that would be available if we passed a continuing resolution for the rest of the year and many billions less than what Trump shut down the government over."

    Price pointed out there are already a lot of fences on the border, that crossings are at a 40-year low, and the issue right now is people turning themselves in and requesting asylum.

    There are some other indicators suggesting that Trump actually will sign this, in spite of his interview with Laura Ingraham taking place directly after his El Paso rally.
    We've gone from "build the wall" to "finish the wall," as if said wall has been built in the past two years. While it's true, as Rep. Price noted, that there are fences and barriers built already, the fact is that this deal looks a lot like the one Trump shut down the government over on December 21st.

    Stay tuned. It's still got to get through Congress and Trump's signature. If he signs it and then declares an emergency, it'll go to court.

  3. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hooterville by the sea
    Posts
    7,663
    Thanks
    1,132
    Thanked 3,413 Times in 2,715 Posts
    Groans
    900
    Groaned 204 Times in 193 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    You are such an idiot! Why do you constantly talk out your ass?

    The tentative deal includes $1.375 billion for physical barriers — a type of fencing that resembles the “steel slats” that Trump has specifically called for, according to a congressional aide briefed on the talks. It includes a total of 55 miles, which is just 9 miles shy of Trump’s last budget request.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...curity-1163824

  4. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    75,502
    Thanks
    3,543
    Thanked 17,113 Times in 14,252 Posts
    Groans
    1,838
    Groaned 2,012 Times in 1,909 Posts

    Default

    odd....from what I heard, the deal allows Trump to build whatever type of barrier he wants.....,,,,,,

  5. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    56,800
    Thanks
    15,470
    Thanked 14,498 Times in 10,870 Posts
    Groans
    620
    Groaned 984 Times in 935 Posts

    Default

    So, then there was no "border security" deal?
    DRINK MOR KOFFEE


  6. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8,683
    Thanks
    1,218
    Thanked 4,535 Times in 2,899 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 736 Times in 661 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Trump gap tooths are getting stiffed on their fantasy 'wall', no doubt about it and the shit never had a chance

    why they ever believe a word this con man says is beyond explanation

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

    domer76 (02-12-2019)

  8. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    17,994
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 10,463 Times in 6,460 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 234 Times in 215 Posts

    Default

    Trump isn't our 45th American president; he's our 1st Russian one.

    Remember this on Tuesday November 3rd, 2020

  9. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    17,994
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 10,463 Times in 6,460 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 234 Times in 215 Posts

    Cool

    McConnell Sounds Positive On Funding Deal, Calls Compromise 'Good News'


    Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), a key player in the border negotiations, sounded upbeat about the bipartisan compromise brokered Monday night, calling it “certainly good news.”

    “I know I speak for members on both sides of the aisle when I say we are grateful to our colleagues on the appropriations committee for their leadership,” McConnell said Tuesday on the Senate floor. “We’re eager to see them complete this work.”

    “As we speak, our colleagues are working hard to produce a legislative text,” he continued. “I look forward to reviewing the full text as soon as possible and hope the Senate can act on this legislation in short order.”






    McConnell saying that he hopes the Senate can act on the legislation is significant: during the shutdown, he refused to bring legislation to the floor unless Trump would definitely sign it.

    Read more: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/m...s-it-good-news
    Trump isn't our 45th American president; he's our 1st Russian one.

    Remember this on Tuesday November 3rd, 2020

  10. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    54,548
    Thanks
    3,832
    Thanked 13,735 Times in 9,394 Posts
    Groans
    240
    Groaned 1,509 Times in 1,404 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Will Rump take the “Fence Repair Deal”?

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

    Bourbon (02-12-2019)

  12. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    17,994
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 10,463 Times in 6,460 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 234 Times in 215 Posts

    Default

    The Best thing about Undocumented Workers is ...

    They don't take Orders from Vladimir Putin


    Trump isn't our 45th American president; he's our 1st Russian one.

    Remember this on Tuesday November 3rd, 2020

  13. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    54,548
    Thanks
    3,832
    Thanked 13,735 Times in 9,394 Posts
    Groans
    240
    Groaned 1,509 Times in 1,404 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Rump is waiting on Putin to evaluate the fence deal.

  14. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    17,994
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 10,463 Times in 6,460 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 234 Times in 215 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Rump is waiting on Putin to evaluate the fence deal.

    Maybe Trump can get Putin to pay for his Wall?
    Trump isn't our 45th American president; he's our 1st Russian one.

    Remember this on Tuesday November 3rd, 2020

  15. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    54,548
    Thanks
    3,832
    Thanked 13,735 Times in 9,394 Posts
    Groans
    240
    Groaned 1,509 Times in 1,404 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    Maybe Trump can get Putin to pay for his Wall?
    I doubt it.

  16. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    51,945
    Thanks
    13,565
    Thanked 17,010 Times in 11,747 Posts
    Groans
    277
    Groaned 1,093 Times in 1,043 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    odd....from what I heard, the deal allows Trump to build whatever type of barrier he wants.....,,,,,,
    Well he certainly has a blood brain barrier....kinda like you! LOL
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

  17. The Following User Groans At Mott the Hoople For This Awful Post:

    PostmodernProphet (02-12-2019)

  18. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    51,945
    Thanks
    13,565
    Thanked 17,010 Times in 11,747 Posts
    Groans
    277
    Groaned 1,093 Times in 1,043 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    McConnell Sounds Positive On Funding Deal, Calls Compromise 'Good News'


    Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), a key player in the border negotiations, sounded upbeat about the bipartisan compromise brokered Monday night, calling it “certainly good news.”

    “I know I speak for members on both sides of the aisle when I say we are grateful to our colleagues on the appropriations committee for their leadership,” McConnell said Tuesday on the Senate floor. “We’re eager to see them complete this work.”

    “As we speak, our colleagues are working hard to produce a legislative text,” he continued. “I look forward to reviewing the full text as soon as possible and hope the Senate can act on this legislation in short order.”






    McConnell saying that he hopes the Senate can act on the legislation is significant: during the shutdown, he refused to bring legislation to the floor unless Trump would definitely sign it.

    Read more: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/m...s-it-good-news
    Leadership? From Congress? That will be the day! LOL LOL LOL
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

Similar Threads

  1. "Trump rips into Fox News over shutdown, border wall coverage"
    By archives in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-28-2019, 05:22 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-14-2019, 12:37 PM
  3. "Conway: Border wall debate 'a silly semantic argument"
    By archives in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-30-2018, 03:18 PM
  4. How will Trump "spin" his loss over border wall funding?
    By Tacomaman in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 12-29-2018, 10:49 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •