Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41

Thread: PsilocybinóA.K.A. ShroomsóCould Become the Next Legalized Drug

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    9,822
    Thanks
    4,491
    Thanked 9,896 Times in 4,894 Posts
    Groans
    489
    Groaned 825 Times in 718 Posts

    Default PsilocybinóA.K.A. ShroomsóCould Become the Next Legalized Drug

    Twenty-nineteen could be the Year of the Magic Mushroom. In Colorado and Oregon, efforts are currently underway to get voters acquainted with and in support of psilocybin, the compound that makes magic shrooms, well, magical. Research has begun, and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has registered its interest.

    You can draw comparisons between growing support for psychedelic mushrooms and the push for recreational marijuana. Both are considered highly dangerous by the federal government, although scientific research and anecdotal evidence indicate otherwise. Both could have fascinating and potentially life-changing medical uses, and the stigma around each is being challenged. However, advocates for psilocybin acknowledge that it is a more complex and less understood substance than cannabis. (And that's not to mention the risk of experiencing an excruciatingly bad trip.) With that in mind, their efforts hinge on decriminalization and regulated medical use, not full legalization.

    https://www.menshealth.com/nutrition...n-medical-use/


  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

    evince (02-12-2019), ThatOwlWoman (02-11-2019)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    15,740
    Thanks
    7,640
    Thanked 4,483 Times in 3,509 Posts
    Groans
    258
    Groaned 481 Times in 448 Posts

    Default

    Cool. (Fuck getting sent to jail for getting stoned)

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

    StoneByStone (02-11-2019)

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,679
    Thanks
    1,313
    Thanked 2,622 Times in 1,686 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 84 Times in 74 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    I never could understand how something that grows wild out of the ground after a rain storm could be illegal. Never had the opportunity to experience Psilocybin though.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

    evince (02-12-2019), signalmankenneth (02-11-2019), ThatOwlWoman (02-11-2019)

  7. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    20,899
    Thanks
    37,993
    Thanked 14,886 Times in 9,284 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,031 Times in 985 Posts

    Default

    It's ridiculous to make plants illegal. Salvia divinorum is also illegal in many states.

    http://www.sagewisdom.org/

  8. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    20,899
    Thanks
    37,993
    Thanked 14,886 Times in 9,284 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,031 Times in 985 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    I never could understand how something that grows wild out of the ground after a rain storm could be illegal. Never had the opportunity to experience Psilocybin though.
    Thank you. I agree.

    My only concern with these mushrooms is education. People have died seeking them and eating the extremely toxic amanita shrooms, mistaking them for the psychedelic kind.

  9. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    15,740
    Thanks
    7,640
    Thanked 4,483 Times in 3,509 Posts
    Groans
    258
    Groaned 481 Times in 448 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    I never could understand how something that grows wild out of the ground after a rain storm could be illegal. Never had the opportunity to experience Psilocybin though.
    They grow out in cow fields around the dung. Break them and if the break turns purple they are safe to eat. It's best to clean the cow shit off them, but you don't have to.

  10. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,679
    Thanks
    1,313
    Thanked 2,622 Times in 1,686 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 84 Times in 74 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    They grow out in cow fields around the dung. Break them and if the break turns purple they are safe to eat. It's best to clean the cow shit off them, but you don't have to.
    What if they don't turn purple? Does that mean it's the wrong type of mushroom?

    When I went to LSU I had several friends go out to the cow pastures near the Mississippi River levee after a rain. They really seemed to enjoy it.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

    Jack (02-11-2019)

  12. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    15,740
    Thanks
    7,640
    Thanked 4,483 Times in 3,509 Posts
    Groans
    258
    Groaned 481 Times in 448 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    What if they don't turn purple? Does that mean it's the wrong type of mushroom?

    When I went to LSU I had several friends go out to the cow pastures near the Mississippi River levee after a rain. They really seemed to enjoy it.
    I think some mushrooms can kill you, like these ones that grow on wood. The ones I was told were safe, were the ones that grew near cow shit and when you broke the stem, it would turn purple.
    We would go to this cow pasture out near the Race Track in Kenner, collect a bag full (nibble on some as we went picking), bring them home and clean them up. It took about an hour before you began to feel euphoric. (I wouldn't recommend driving)

  13. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    31,954
    Thanks
    6,399
    Thanked 8,444 Times in 6,363 Posts
    Groans
    26
    Groaned 1,575 Times in 1,507 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    I never could understand how something that grows wild out of the ground after a rain storm could be illegal. Never had the opportunity to experience Psilocybin though.
    Very nice high. Very pleasant.

  14. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    14,091
    Thanks
    4,833
    Thanked 6,752 Times in 4,407 Posts
    Groans
    1,016
    Groaned 871 Times in 803 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    I never could understand how something that grows wild out of the ground after a rain storm could be illegal. Never had the opportunity to experience Psilocybin though.
    It makes you laugh at everything the entire time you're high on it.

  15. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    20,899
    Thanks
    37,993
    Thanked 14,886 Times in 9,284 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,031 Times in 985 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    It makes you laugh at everything the entire time you're high on it.
    Sounds like mescaline.

  16. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    14,091
    Thanks
    4,833
    Thanked 6,752 Times in 4,407 Posts
    Groans
    1,016
    Groaned 871 Times in 803 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I think some mushrooms can kill you, like these ones that grow on wood. The ones I was told were safe, were the ones that grew near cow shit and when you broke the stem, it would turn purple.
    We would go to this cow pasture out near the Race Track in Kenner, collect a bag full (nibble on some as we went picking), bring them home and clean them up. It took about an hour before you began to feel euphoric. (I wouldn't recommend driving)
    The general rule of thumb is that if the "gills" underneath the cap are white, it's poisonous and you'd better stay away from it. If it's dark colored, it's normally ok to eat.

    Magic mushrooms have a very distinctive appearance.

    On top of the cap, sort of blending out from the center is a burst of dark orange that fades into a beige color around the edge. In the orange portion are small dots of off white.

    The underside of the cap or the gills, are purple and there's a purple ring around the stem.





    Once you've seen a few of them, they're easy to spot.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

    evince (02-12-2019)

  18. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    14,091
    Thanks
    4,833
    Thanked 6,752 Times in 4,407 Posts
    Groans
    1,016
    Groaned 871 Times in 803 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Sounds like mescaline.
    Very similar.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (02-11-2019)

  20. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    20,899
    Thanks
    37,993
    Thanked 14,886 Times in 9,284 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,031 Times in 985 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Very similar.
    I love gardening. lol

  21. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    15,740
    Thanks
    7,640
    Thanked 4,483 Times in 3,509 Posts
    Groans
    258
    Groaned 481 Times in 448 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    The general rule of thumb is that if the "gills" underneath the cap are white, it's poisonous and you'd better stay away from it. If it's dark colored, it's normally ok to eat.

    Magic mushrooms have a very distinctive appearance.

    On top of the cap, sort of blending out from the center is a burst of dark orange that fades into a beige color around the edge. In the orange portion are small dots of off white.

    The underside of the cap or the gills, are purple and there's a purple ring around the stem.



    Once you've seen a few of them, they're easy to spot.
    Thanks. I've never seen any with a purple ring.
    We would go out early in the morning. One, it was cooler. Two, beat the crowd.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 10-10-2018, 07:40 PM
  2. APP - a counterfeit drug avastin (a cancer fighting drug) is being marketed in the u s of a
    By Don Quixote in forum Above Plain Politics Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 07:12 AM
  3. Shrooms
    By Muslim Immigration in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 07-22-2011, 06:24 AM
  4. shrooms
    By Cancel 2018. 3 in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2010, 05:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •