Members banned from this thread: USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, Truth Detector, MAGA MAN and CFM

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Yet another looming man-made environmental disaster for dumbass Trumptards to deny...

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    He does revel in his stupidity.

Does your little buttboy Surestinksalot like it when you dress up in your little cheerleader outfit?
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

domer76 (02-13-2019)

3. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Domer's inbred brother View Post
    ^^Look at him trying to backpedal his weasel ass out of it now!!!!^^

The idiot tried to disparage and disavow the entire results of an in depth scientific study, one that took a team of highly specialized scientists months to complete via an in depth and rigorous analysis of vast quantities of evidence and empirical data.... by entering two or three factors into an Excel spreadsheet.

What a dumbass!!!!!!

Yeah, you see it every time you look in the mirror, don't you, idiot?
    I called into question the credibility of the study considering the obvious math error that you still haven't acknowledged. I still question its credibility. That's not the same as disavowing the entire thing. The spreadsheet was a vain attempt at helping you understand a very simple principle, but alas you are too stupid to follow.

I understand that language is hard for you inbred types. But keep on with your "Nomad agree because them are eck-spurts. Nomad are smart!"

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Just wait, the mindless, ignorant, parroted cries of "fake news!!!!" and "lib'rul lame-stream media conspiracy!!!!" will be forthcoming faster than you can say "ignorant, commie-loving Trumptard morons"

Insects Are Dying En Masse, Risking 'Catastrophic' Collapse Of Earth's Ecosystems

The insect apocalypse is indeed upon us, according to the first global scientific review of insect population decline.

By Dominique Mosbergen

Native bees, butterflies, moths, beetles and aquatic insects are among the insects that have been worst-hit, the scientific review concluded.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...e1b17f097d/amp

There have been warning signs for years about plummeting insect populations worldwide, but the extent of the potentially “catastrophic” crisis had not been well-understood — until now.

The first global scientific review of insect population decline was published this week in the journal Biological Conservation and the findings are “shocking,” its authors said.

More than 40 percent of insect species are dwindling globally and a third of species are endangered, concluded the peer-reviewed study, which analyzed 73 historical reports on insect population declines.

Chillingly, the total mass of insects is falling by 2.5 percent annually, the review’s authors said. If the decline continues at this rate, insects could be wiped off the face of the Earth within a century.

“It is very rapid. In 10 years you will have a quarter less, in 50 years only half left and in 100 years you will have none,” study co-author Francisco Sánchez-Bayo, an environmental biologist at the University of Sydney, Australia, told The Guardian.

“If insect species losses cannot be halted, this will have catastrophic consequences for both the planet’s ecosystems and for the survival of mankind,” Sánchez-Bayo added.

Scientists have warned that a human-caused sixth mass extinction is now underway on Earth. Vertebrate species, both on land and under the sea, are threatened at a global scale because of human activities.

But according to the new review, the proportion of insects in decline is currently twice as high as that of vertebrates and the insect extinction rate is eight times faster than that of mammals, birds and reptiles.

Insects play a profoundly important role in Earth’s ecosystems. They are a food source for many animals, are critical pollinators and recycle nutrients back into the soil.

In a November New York Times report about a possible “insect apocalypse,” scientists were asked to imagine a world with no insects.

They found “words like chaos, collapse, Armageddon,” the Times wrote. ”[One entomologist] describes a flowerless world with silent forests, a world of dung and old leaves and rotting carcasses accumulating in cities and roadsides, a world of ‘collapse or decay and erosion and loss that would spread through ecosystems.’”

According to the new scientific review, habitat loss because of intensive agriculture is the top driver of insect population declines. The heavy use of pesticides, climate change and invasive species were also pinpointed as significant causes.

“Unless we change our ways of producing food, insects as a whole will go down the path of extinction in a few decades,” the review’s co-authors wrote. “The repercussions this will have for the planet’s ecosystems are catastrophic to say the least.”

The human race is going to end up getting exactly what it deserves.
    Why do you have to politicize something like this? No one I know is denying this phenomenon, and it is actually observable. Congrats on receiving the first groan I have ever given
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

5. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,174 Times in 10,392 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Does your little buttboy Surestinksalot like it when you dress up in your little cheerleader outfit?
    Spudpeeler also carries the water for another fraud - Havana

6. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

Nomad (02-13-2019)

7. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 35 Times in 34 Posts

Being a scientist is a great job. You are never wrong.

8. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    I called into question the credibility of the study considering the obvious math error that you still haven't acknowledged. I still question its credibility. That's not the same as disavowing the entire thing. The spreadsheet was a vain attempt at helping you understand a very simple principle, but alas you are too stupid to follow.

I understand that language is hard for you inbred types. But keep on with your "Nomad agree because them are eck-spurts. Nomad are smart!"
    I already explained to you that what you apparently think is some advanced math concept (for you maybe) is basically the same thing as a simple interest calculation, only in reverse.

IOW, instead of adding the interest (2.5%) to the principle which in turn increases with each compounding, causing the amount that the 2.5% represents to also increase, you're subtracting the reduction (2.5%) from the original total which in turn decreases with each subtraction, causing the amount that the 2.5% represents to also decrease.

Big fucking deal.

There is nothing complex or beyond my understanding about that. I think I learned it in junior high school.

The fact that you felt the need to represent it as some kind of advanced math that only a brainiac (like you apparently think you are but aren't) just drives home what a rube you really are.

All that aside, and as I have also tried to explain to you, I seriously doubt they used such a simple and basic arithmetical formula to arrive at their conclusion about how much decimation of the Earth's insect population might occur over the 100 year specified time period.

Your absurd oversimplification of such a complex issue is indicative of your simple-minded thought process.

In short, you are exactly the kind of low-foreheaded, dumbass Trumptard I was talking about in the OP.

And thank you once again for not disappointing me by failing to live down to my prediction.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

9. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    Why do you have to politicize something like this? No one I know is denying this phenomenon, and it is actually observable. Congrats on receiving the first groan I have ever given
    You obviously haven't been reading what that little Trumptard rube Surestinksalot has been saying about it.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

10. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In Germany scientists at the Leibniz Institute of Freashwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries have discovered that regions that have experienced sharp decline in flying insects have high levels of light pollution.
    Cut the electricity and save the flying insects.

Ever drive up in the mountains in June and see your car caked with insects. Stop driving your cars assholes.

11. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Liberals wanted to stop cutting trees to make grocery bags. They wanted plastic bags. Look where that got us.
    Liberals wanted alternate clean power like wind turbines but they kill up to 328,000 birds a year in North America.
    You got to love their forward thinking.

12. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

I already explained to you that what you apparently think is some advanced math concept (for you maybe) is basically the same thing as a simple interest calculation, only in reverse.

IOW, instead of adding the interest (2.5%) to the principle which in turn increases with each compounding, causing the amount that the 2.5% represents to also increase, you're subtracting the reduction (2.5%) from the original total which in turn decreases with each subtraction, causing the amount that the 2.5% represents to also decrease.

Big fucking deal.

There is nothing complex or beyond my understanding about that. I think I learned it in junior high school.

The fact that you felt the need to represent it as some kind of advanced math that only a brainiac (like you apparently think you are but aren't) just drives home what a rube you really are.

All that aside, and as I have also tried to explain to you, I seriously doubt they used such a simple and basic arithmetical formula to arrive at their conclusion about how much decimation of the Earth's insect population might occur over the 100 year specified time period.

Your absurd oversimplification of such a complex issue is indicative of your simple-minded thought process.

In short, you are exactly the kind of low-foreheaded, dumbass Trumptard I was talking about in the OP.

And thank you once again for not disappointing me by failing to live down to my prediction.
    I never once claimed the math was complex you dolt, I repeatedly said it was basic and simple, like your mind. This is a quote from your OP:
    Chillingly, the total mass of insects is falling by 2.5 percent annually, the review’s authors said. If the decline continues at this rate, insects could be wiped off the face of the Earth within a century.

“It is very rapid. In 10 years you will have a quarter less, in 50 years only half left and in 100 years you will have none,” study co-author Francisco Sánchez-Bayo, an environmental biologist at the University of Sydney, Australia, told The Guardian.
    I get it. The written word confounds your simple mind, you slack witted fucktard. Or is this how you "win" arguments? Just keep saying stupid shit until the other person gives up in frustration after trying to speak sense to an imbecile?

13. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Tkaffen View Post
    Liberals wanted to stop cutting trees to make grocery bags. They wanted plastic bags. Look where that got us.
    Liberals wanted alternate clean power like wind turbines but they kill up to 328,000 birds a year in North America.
    You got to love their forward thinking.
    No liberals ever wanted or asked for plastic grocery bags, liar. Environmentally minded people of all political stripes want reusable cloth bags to be the standard.

As for wind turbines killing birds, I see you used the upper end of the ESTIMATED NUMBER of between 140,000 and 328,000 in your ranting screed, so your "lib'rul hatin" agenda is obviously what you really care about, not dead birds. Hopefully technology can develop a solution to that problem. Either way, it's no excuse to continue poisoning the environment with fossil fuels, so whatever your point was supposed to be is a mystery to me.

Hey, sorry we're not clairvoyant and can't predict every potential future challenge associated with everything humans attempt in the pursuit of maintaining the health of our planet.

Oh well.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

14. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    I never once claimed the math was complex you dolt, I repeatedly said it was basic and simple, like your mind. This is a quote from your OP:

I get it. The written word confounds your simple mind, you slack witted fucktard. Or is this how you "win" arguments? Just keep saying stupid shit until the other person gives up in frustration after trying to speak sense to an imbecile?
    Keep on back peddling and trying to weasel out of your embarrassment, you little turd.

That's all you've got going for you anyway.

You're obviously too dumb to grasp the concept of what a months long, peer reviewed scientific study entails. You seem to think it was just a couple of dudes who opened up their Excel spreadsheet program, typed in a few numbers and based the findings of their study on it.

Plus, you're missing the big picture. Whether it's going to happen in 100 years or 120 years is not the point. The point is that we could well be on the verge of yet another ecological disaster and jerk offs like you are too busy paying attention to NASCAR, football and Trump's obnoxious bullshit to even care.

You are nobody to be hurling insults about anyone else's intelligence, Trumptard.

Because you are truly about as dumb of a fuck as there is on this forum.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

15. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Obviously you weren’t born when your grocer asked whether you wanted paper or plastic. Cloth bags are the newest trend.

Regardless of the number of birds killed it shows the hypocrisy of the liberals.

16. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    AIR.

Try this, simpleton. When you can find something, ANYTHING, above a 6th grade level, get back to me. Until then, your grade school “scientific” OPINION is worthless. You have no citations to refute the 4 references I have provided. ZERO.

So, just a piece of advice, stalker. Quit embarrassing yourself. You’re wasting your time with the only thing you have -ad hom attacks. You’re wasting my time in trying to educate you above your rudimentary ability to comprehend real science.

I’ll wait for ANY scientific treatise that refutes my references. In the meantime, quit wasting our time, idiot.
    Keep flaunting your lack of education Domer. It just proves my point about Democrat voters.

17. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

You and the the other inbred retard Domer crack me up. You both get your ass handed to you with your own stupidity. What do you do? What you both do best. Start flapping your limp wrists around. Democrat politicians rely on wimpy, stupid people like you. You never disappoint.