Members banned from this thread: USFREEDOM911, Havana Moon, Truth Detector, Dark Soul and CFM


Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 133

Thread: Yet another looming man-made environmental disaster for dumbass Trumptards to deny...

  1. #16 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    7,538
    Thanks
    2,273
    Thanked 5,296 Times in 3,487 Posts
    Groans
    330
    Groaned 528 Times in 489 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    ILA went one step forward, and is trolling with my bad news. How bad should someone feel, when I'm suffering, and yet I feel bad for them? Well, it's what you expect from trolls.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

    domer76 (02-11-2019)

  3. #17 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Flyover Country
    Posts
    3,219
    Thanks
    1,372
    Thanked 1,477 Times in 1,072 Posts
    Groans
    106
    Groaned 118 Times in 114 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    I remember when I got laid-off in my well-pay lifelong career, and I had to just take the only jobs I could find to bring the bacon home.

    I took a job at Home Depot to keep the roof over my head and survive, while I continued to look for jobs in my career field. Drawing unemployment was just not the answer for me.

    While working there, I noticed that many people would come into the store and look for a pesticide! I would ask them,"What kind of insect are you trying to control"?

    And all too often, some thoughtless reckless careless hillbilly redneck would say, "I want to kill everything that crawls or flies"! And so that was what they would buy!

    What a world!
    Learn to code.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sirthinksalot For This Post:

    I Love America (02-11-2019)

  5. #18 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Flyover Country
    Posts
    3,219
    Thanks
    1,372
    Thanked 1,477 Times in 1,072 Posts
    Groans
    106
    Groaned 118 Times in 114 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Chillingly, the total mass of insects is falling by 2.5 percent annually, the review’s authors said. If the decline continues at this rate, insects could be wiped off the face of the Earth within a century....

    “It is very rapid. In 10 years you will have a quarter less, in 50 years only half left and in 100 years you will have none,” study co-author Francisco Sánchez-Bayo, an environmental biologist at the University of Sydney, Australia, told The Guardian.
    The study claims there will be no insects left in 100 years and you find it to be credible? Did you happen to notice they calculated the rate of decline as if it was linear? I love the irony when liberals who claim to be part of "the party of science" are shown to not have even basic understanding of it.

  6. #19 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    13,175
    Thanks
    4,545
    Thanked 6,419 Times in 4,177 Posts
    Groans
    962
    Groaned 756 Times in 699 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    The study claims there will be no insects left in 100 years and you find it to be credible? Did you happen to notice they calculated the rate of decline as if it was linear? I love the irony when liberals who claim to be part of "the party of science" are shown to not have even basic understanding of it.
    Quoting myself from the OP:

    Just wait, the mindless, ignorant, parroted cries of "fake news!!!!" and "lib'rul lame-stream media conspiracy!!!!" will be forthcoming faster than you can say "ignorant, commie-loving Trumptard morons"
    Thanks for not disappointing me.

  7. #20 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    5,888
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2,424 Times in 1,745 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 324 Times in 298 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    ROFLMAO

    you got laid off

    The rest of your story is bullshit
    U got dick hair on your head

  8. #21 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    26,659
    Thanks
    5,319
    Thanked 7,329 Times in 5,495 Posts
    Groans
    15
    Groaned 1,232 Times in 1,181 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    The study claims there will be no insects left in 100 years and you find it to be credible? Did you happen to notice they calculated the rate of decline as if it was linear? I love the irony when liberals who claim to be part of "the party of science" are shown to not have even basic understanding of it.
    Ever hear of Colony Collapse Disorder, dumbshit? Once the bees are gone, we’re fucked. But stupid fucks of your level are too goddam stupid to realize that.

    https://www.epa.gov/pollinator-prote...lapse-disorder

  9. #22 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Realville
    Posts
    30,136
    Thanks
    1,374
    Thanked 5,791 Times in 4,705 Posts
    Groans
    745
    Groaned 2,445 Times in 2,268 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    ILA went one step forward, and is trolling with my bad news. How bad should someone feel, when I'm suffering, and yet I feel bad for them? Well, it's what you expect from trolls.
    Are you going to bitch and whine in every thread

    Let me help you. I can cure you of your self imposed prison. Take the first step to manhood and self respect

  10. #23 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Realville
    Posts
    30,136
    Thanks
    1,374
    Thanked 5,791 Times in 4,705 Posts
    Groans
    745
    Groaned 2,445 Times in 2,268 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Learn to code.
    That was fucking hilarious.

    I spit out my caffeine free Diet Coke

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love America For This Post:

    Sirthinksalot (02-11-2019)

  12. #24 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Realville
    Posts
    30,136
    Thanks
    1,374
    Thanked 5,791 Times in 4,705 Posts
    Groans
    745
    Groaned 2,445 Times in 2,268 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Ever hear of Colony Collapse Disorder, dumbshit? Once the bees are gone, we’re fucked. But stupid fucks of your level are too goddam stupid to realize that.

    https://www.epa.gov/pollinator-prote...lapse-disorder
    You have given me incentive to kill bees

    I want you to die and if that does it then so be it

  13. #25 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Flyover Country
    Posts
    3,219
    Thanks
    1,372
    Thanked 1,477 Times in 1,072 Posts
    Groans
    106
    Groaned 118 Times in 114 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Quoting myself from the OP:

    **Just wait, the mindless, ignorant, parroted cries of "fake news!!!!" and "lib'rul lame-stream media conspiracy!!!!" will be forthcoming faster than you can say "ignorant, commie-loving Trumptard morons"**

    Thanks for not disappointing me.
    I didn't parrot anything, nor say "fake news" or blah blah conspiracy. I pointed out an obvious flaw in the study that you missed because you don't understand basic math. If a very large number, (like say the biomass of insects on planet earth) decreases by 2.5% a year, it sure as shit doesn't go to zero in 100 years like your study claims.

    Since the total mass of insects on earth is a very, very large number, I will use a much smaller, round number as an example. If the total mass of insects was 1,000,000 tons and that mass was decreased by 2.5% a year for 100 years, you would end up with approximately 80,000 tons of insect mass. That would still be catastrophic. I merely pointed out a very obvious (to someone who understands math, unlike you) flaw in the study.

    Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Ever hear of Colony Collapse Disorder, dumbshit? Once the bees are gone, we’re fucked. But stupid fucks of your level are too goddam stupid to realize that.

    https://www.epa.gov/pollinator-prote...lapse-disorder
    I have indeed heard of it, dumbshit. It wasn't mentioned in the study and has nothing to do with my comments regarding the flaw in the study. Read my comments above if you'd care to be educated, stupid fuck.

  14. #26 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    13,175
    Thanks
    4,545
    Thanked 6,419 Times in 4,177 Posts
    Groans
    962
    Groaned 756 Times in 699 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    I didn't parrot anything, nor say "fake news" or blah blah conspiracy. I pointed out an obvious flaw in the study that you missed because you don't understand basic math. If a very large number, (like say the biomass of insects on planet earth) decreases by 2.5% a year, it sure as shit doesn't go to zero in 100 years like your study claims.

    Since the total mass of insects on earth is a very, very large number, I will use a much smaller, round number as an example. If the total mass of insects was 1,000,000 tons and that mass was decreased by 2.5% a year for 100 years, you would end up with approximately 80,000 tons of insect mass. That would still be catastrophic. I merely pointed out a very obvious (to someone who understands math, unlike you) flaw in the study.
    You didn't need to spout verbatim, the kind of idiotic Trumpspeak I suggested we'd see out of your ilk, for the intent of it to be the same thing. Just like I said, some slob like you would come along and try to shovel some ignorant right-wing shit all over it.

    And that's exactly what you did.

    From the OP:

    The first global scientific review of insect population decline was published this week in the journal Biological Conservation and the findings are “shocking,” its authors said.

    More than 40 percent of insect species are dwindling globally and a third of species are endangered, concluded the PEER-REVIEWED study, which analyzed 73 historical reports on insect population declines.

    Chillingly, the total mass of insects is falling by 2.5 percent annually, the review’s authors said. If the decline continues at this rate, insects could be wiped off the face of the Earth within a century.
    Do you understand what "peer reviewed" means, Einstooge? Google it.

    If that's not beyond your abilities, that is.

    I'll give you a hint... they didn't just get some guy with a calculator to come up with some numbers then type it into an article. Several other highly qualified people fact checked it prior ti its release.

    Note also, the words could be. That could very well take into account the possibility of other mitigating factors coming into play.

    At any rate, if you think for one moment that anyone in their right mind will take the word of a NOBODY and a ZERO like you, over the word of a major scientific journal quoting the results of a PEER REVIEWED EXPERT STUDY, you're even stupider than you make yourself sound.

    As far as your supposed "math prowess" is concerned, nobody is impressed.




  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

    domer76 (02-12-2019)

  16. #27 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Flyover Country
    Posts
    3,219
    Thanks
    1,372
    Thanked 1,477 Times in 1,072 Posts
    Groans
    106
    Groaned 118 Times in 114 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You didn't need to spout verbatim, the kind of idiotic Trumpspeak I suggested we'd see out of your ilk, for the intent of it to be the same thing. Just like I said, some slob like you would come along and try to shovel some ignorant right-wing shit all over it.

    And that's exactly what you did.

    Do you understand what "peer reviewed" means, Einstooge? Google it.

    If that's not beyond your abilities, that is.
    I do in fact understand what peer reviewed means, moron. Unlike you, I am capable of "reviewing" trivial calculations myself. A decline rate of 2.5% annually does not go to zero in a hundred years, because each year the 2.5% decline comes from a number that is 2.5% smaller than the previous year. I doubt you will be able to follow that simple logic, but hey I tried to educate you and dumbass domer.

    From your OP:
    “It is very rapid. In 10 years you will have a quarter less, in 50 years only half left and in 100 years you will have none,” study co-author Francisco Sánchez-Bayo, an environmental biologist at the University of Sydney, Australia, told The Guardian.
    Do you understand the words "will" and "none" Einstooge? Google them. We couldn't eradicate all the insects on earth if we tried.

    I'll give you a hint... they didn't just get some guy with a calculator to come up with some numbers then type it into an article. Several other highly qualified people fact checked it prior to its release.

    Note also, the words could be. That could very well take into account the possibility of other mitigating factors coming into play.

    At any rate, if you think for one moment that anyone in their right mind will take the word of a NOBODY and a ZERO like you, over the word of a major scientific journal quoting the results of a PEER REVIEWED EXPERT STUDY, you're even stupider than you make yourself sound.

    As far as your supposed "math prowess" is concerned, nobody is impressed.



    Thanks for further demonstrating your lack of understanding of how a decline rate works over time. Did you even bother to crunch the numbers in that equation you linked? It doesn't come out to zero, Einstooge. I'm more than capable of checking trivial calculations (apparently you aren't). Whatever a dumbass like you may think about me being a "nobody" my criticism of Francisco Sánchez-Bayo's erroneous math is correct. FYI, biologists aren't known for their math prowess, and in fact to earn a biology degree, one needn't go farther than basic trigonometry. Thanks again for your demonstration of a typical liberal's "understanding" of science.

  17. #28 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    13,175
    Thanks
    4,545
    Thanked 6,419 Times in 4,177 Posts
    Groans
    962
    Groaned 756 Times in 699 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    I do in fact understand what peer reviewed means, moron. Unlike you, I am capable of "reviewing" trivial calculations myself. A decline rate of 2.5% annually does not go to zero in a hundred years, because each year the 2.5% decline comes from a number that is 2.5% smaller than the previous year. I doubt you will be able to follow that simple logic, but hey I tried to educate you and dumbass domer.

    From your OP:

    Do you understand the words "will" and "none" Einstooge? Google them. We couldn't eradicate all the insects on earth if we tried.

    Thanks for further demonstrating your lack of understanding of how a decline rate works over time. Did you even bother to crunch the numbers in that equation you linked? It doesn't come out to zero, Einstooge. I'm more than capable of checking trivial calculations (apparently you aren't). Whatever a dumbass like you may think about me being a "nobody" my criticism of Francisco Sánchez-Bayo's erroneous math is correct. FYI, biologists aren't known for their math prowess, and in fact to earn a biology degree, one needn't go farther than basic trigonometry. Thanks again for your demonstration of a typical liberal's "understanding" of science.
    All I see out of you is yet another right-wing dumbfuck running his fat, jerk-ass mouth and bloviating about his supposed expertise while not backing it up with a shred of proof.

    The study in question was reviewed by other scientists and experts in various scientific fields, all of whom I'm quite certain, have math skills light years above any you claim to possess.

    Therefore, the very notion that anyone outside your own peer group of fellow, low-foreheaded apes and drooling knuckle-draggers would take your word on the subject above theirs, is so ridiculous it just further proves your abject level of simple-minded, bone-headed ignorance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirstinksalot
    ...because each year the 2.5% decline comes from a number that is 2.5% smaller than the previous year. I doubt you will be able to follow that simple logic...
    Get over yourself, idiot. Your self-proclaimed "scary awesome math skillz" are nothing more impressive than the understanding of how to calculate simple interest, but in reverse.

    BFD.

    That still doesn't make your idiotic nonsense any more credible.

  18. #29 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,406
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 483 Times in 391 Posts
    Groans
    6
    Groaned 47 Times in 45 Posts

    Default

    Honest questions here

    Do liberals see any connection between a move towards a “great society” and man-made global warming?

    Seriously. Have you considered the hypocrisy of your platforms? You want to take from the rich, allowing the poor and middle class to have a better living conditions

    An undeniable fact of the matter is poor people in this country have far larger homes then the poor people in other countries. Poor people here have more technology in their homes too.

    How can we improve man made global warming by allowing the poor to live even better? Every program you implement that takes from the rich (who are few in numbers) and distributes to the poor is going to increase consumption, which increases production, which increases pollution.

    Every time the economy slows – you will see democrats wanting to pump money into the economy to get people spending again. Spending – on vacations, technology, gas, travel, larger mortgages for bigger homes, etc, etc. Our economic system requires debt based spending as we need to grow GDP to minimize the ratio to foreign held debt.

  19. #30 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    16,404
    Thanks
    2,926
    Thanked 8,531 Times in 6,153 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 246 Times in 239 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    I do in fact understand what peer reviewed means, moron. Unlike you, I am capable of "reviewing" trivial calculations myself. A decline rate of 2.5% annually does not go to zero in a hundred years, because each year the 2.5% decline comes from a number that is 2.5% smaller than the previous year. I doubt you will be able to follow that simple logic, but hey I tried to educate you and dumbass domer.

    From your OP:


    Do you understand the words "will" and "none" Einstooge? Google them. We couldn't eradicate all the insects on earth if we tried.



    Thanks for further demonstrating your lack of understanding of how a decline rate works over time. Did you even bother to crunch the numbers in that equation you linked? It doesn't come out to zero, Einstooge. I'm more than capable of checking trivial calculations (apparently you aren't). Whatever a dumbass like you may think about me being a "nobody" my criticism of Francisco Sánchez-Bayo's erroneous math is correct. FYI, biologists aren't known for their math prowess, and in fact to earn a biology degree, one needn't go farther than basic trigonometry. Thanks again for your demonstration of a typical liberal's "understanding" of science.
    You sir are correct. Democrats are easily misled by anything more than 1 + 1.
    Consider the Oyster.

    C-4 is just angry playdoh.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 110
    Last Post: 02-09-2019, 08:24 AM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-27-2018, 12:56 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-27-2018, 11:27 AM
  4. APP - another environmental disaster brought on my stupidity and seeking money
    By Don Quixote in forum Above Plain Politics Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-19-2013, 06:27 PM
  5. If Tampa is hit, will the GOP deny the city disaster aid?
    By Guns Guns Guns in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-23-2012, 07:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •