Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: How the hell are we going to pay back 20 trillion?

1. #211 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    We might have a surplus in the public debt but the intergovernmental debt continues to grow. For example, if the Social Security trust fund receives more in revenue than it pays in benefits, the SS law requires that surplus be invested in securities that earn interest. Purchasing those securities increases our debt. Or, if the SS trust fund receives less in revenue than benefits, it must sell some of those securities and must borrow to pay for them.
    Thanks for telling me something I already know that is unrelated to what we are talking about.

Why do I get the sense you are just spamming the thread because you have a personal compulsion to never shut your fucking face?

What I said was that there were monthly statements on the Public Debt that showed the Public Debt declining, from time to time, because payments were made toward it.

That is all I said.

What you're doing is trying to make an argument using sophistry because you are too sloppy and aren't taking the time to read something before you respond to it.

The reason you do that is because you, personally, are incapable of arguing in good faith. That's because you have lived your entire life in bad faith and you simply don't know what it is to be truthful about anything.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #212 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    moron, your daddy is adding $1.5T a year to the deficit
    This is an outright lie. Moron.

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    go fuck yourself imbecile
    Fuck you more asshat.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

3. #213 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    I never fucking said it did, you goddamn lying sack of shit.

What I said was that there were months where payments to the debt were made, and that monthly the debt number went up and down.

Because you are a dishonest fucking lying piece of shit nobody, you had to construct a straw man argument because nothing you say or believe makes any fucking sense.

You are a dishonest, lying sack of shit...and you know it.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

4. #214 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Thanks for telling me something I already know that is unrelated to what we are talking about.

Why do I get the sense you are just spamming the thread because you have a personal compulsion to never shut your fucking face?

What I said was that there were monthly statements on the Public Debt that showed the Public Debt declining, from time to time, because payments were made toward it.

That is all I said.

What you're doing is trying to make an argument using sophistry because you are too sloppy and aren't taking the time to read something before you respond to it.

The reason you do that is because you, personally, are incapable of arguing in good faith. That's because you have lived your entire life in bad faith and you simply don't know what it is to be truthful about anything.

5. #215 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Again the answer/solution to the problem..of DEBT is simple. When your income (taxes collected) is 7 Trillion.....stop spending 10 trillion.

Keynesian economics cannot work in a world of reality. You can't spend your way out of debt on borrowed funds, the numbers simply do not add up.

That's why administration after administration does not address the problem in an objective fashion......they simply kick the can down the proverbial political highway until it becomes the problem of the next generation.

As "PAP" used to say, "If you want a fat hog you feed it....if you want a skinny lean hog you starve it." No one wants to be put on starvation diet and the fat politicians continue to grow fatter and fatter on borrowed money. Not only do they spend what the tax payer provide....they spend what the future tax payers will provide. Its idiocy. How long would a family unit last if it used such economic tactics? How long would corporation last?
    A small business? A NATION?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

Truth Detector (02-13-2019)

7. #216 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Again the answer/solution to the problem..of DEBT is simple. When your income (taxes collected) is 7 Trillion.....stop spending 10 trillion.
    Keynesian economics cannot work in a world of reality. You can't spend your way out of debt on borrowed funds, the numbers simply do not add up.
    That's why administration after administration does not address the problem in an objective fashion......they simply kick the can down the proverbial political highway until it becomes the problem of the next generation.
    We had a budget surplus from 1998-2001 that you erased with your tax cuts.

So Keynesian Economics works...it's Conservative economics that never works.

You all promised and insisted that if we cut taxes, it would generate enough economic activity to offset the loss of revenues.

THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN LAST YEAR.

So that means your fundamental economic belief system is a load of horseshit.

And since that's a load of horseshit, we can naturally assume the rest of what you believe is horseshit too.

8. #217 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,970 Times in 32,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello cawacko,

You said: "You’re a Democrat, aren’t you on the MMT train? Deficits and debt don’t matter..."

It's a little white lie.

You want to blame the debt on Democrats?

You're lying to yourself.

Democrats have actually done a better job of debt management than Republicans.
    half the debt is demmycrat, if not more.......there is no way around that.......

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

10. #218 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

We had a budget surplus from 1998-2001 that you erased with your tax cuts.

So Keynesian Economics works...it's Conservative economics that never works.

You all promised and insisted that if we cut taxes, it would generate enough economic activity to offset the loss of revenues.

THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN LAST YEAR.

So that means your fundamental economic belief system is a load of horseshit.

And since that's a load of horseshit, we can naturally assume the rest of what you believe is horseshit too.
    Again this false premise of a budget surplus proves one thing...….figures don't life but liars figure. This is not an example of Keynesian economics working.....its an example of lying ass politicians using a pencil in one hand and an eraser in the other in doing some slick accounting.

Example: in 1998 it was touted as truth that there was a surplus budget and no deficit spending. Reality: in 1998 there was a 29 billion dollar deficit.

In order to "claim" a surplus and deny a deficit the politicians moved the funds from a supposed LOCKED BOX (social security revenue) into the general revenue fund. This is not KEYNESISAN economics....its criminal accounting.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

12. #219 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,756 Times in 4,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

I never fucking said it did, you goddamn lying sack of shit.

What I said was that there were months where payments to the debt were made, and that monthly the debt number went up and down.

Because you are a dishonest fucking lying piece of shit nobody, you had to construct a straw man argument because nothing you say or believe makes any fucking sense.

You are a dishonest, lying sack of shit...and you know it.
    The government has to pay for debt that comes due. They were not "paying down" the debt since they borrowed to make those payments. You were pretending government was paying down the debt--but it did not go down.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

14. #220 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

We're not gonna do it, plain and simple. I don't remember him ever saying it, but if he did, it was as crazy a fantasy as the green new deal
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

15. #221 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,756 Times in 4,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

I don't know why you would sense that since you make several times the number of posts I make and they are all the same--angry, hostile, with facts distorted by your intense partisanship.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

17. #222 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Again this false premise of a budget surplus proves one thing...….figures don't life but liars figure. This is not an example of Keynesian economics working.....its an example of lying ass politicians using a pencil in one hand and an eraser in the other in doing some slick accounting.
    Not at all. It was when revenues exceeded outlays.

Here's the Treasury receipts so you can see for yourself.

18. #223 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The government has to pay for debt that comes due. They were not "paying down" the debt since they borrowed to make those payments. You were pretending government was paying down the debt--but it did not go down.
    Sigh.

Now you're just speaking nonsense.

The government doesn't have to pay off its debt all at once, and that's not what the government did throughout the late 90's and the year 2000.

You can bring up monthly statements of the public debt and see that several months throughout the late 90's, debt payments were made.

At this point, you're just disagreeing with me because you don't want to give me the satisfaction of you admitting you've been full of shit this entire time.

19. #224 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't know why you would sense that since you make several times the number of posts I make and they are all the same--angry, hostile, with facts distorted by your intense partisanship.
    Flash, you come into the debate with a hostile, bad faith position.

You routinely act in bad faith, withholding exculpatory information, not sourcing your posts, making shit up as you go..

Then you cry like you're some kind of victim because I'm mean to you because you act in bad faith.

Well, if your feelings are that fragile, try making an argument honestly instead of the way you make arguments now.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Frank Apisa (02-14-2019)

21. #225 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    We're not gonna do it, plain and simple. I don't remember him ever saying it, but if he did, it was as crazy a fantasy as the green new deal
    Sure you remember him saying it. Under one of your other ID's, you were probably promoting it.

"We’ve got to get rid of the $19 trillion in debt. ... Well, I would say over a period of eight years. And I’ll tell you why.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ca7d293d8800

It is a crazy fantasy, just like the fantasy that cutting taxes leads to increased economic activity that generates increased revenues.

You lied about that in December 2017; revenue for 2018 was 2% lower than revenue for 2017.

So your tax cuts didn't cause any increase to economic activity, just like we said.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Frank Apisa (02-14-2019)