Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 255

Thread: How the hell are we going to pay back 20 trillion?

  1. #46 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    8,833
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4,992 Times in 3,587 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 297 Times in 282 Posts

    Default

    We will never be able to pay it off, nor will our children or grandchildren

    Thanks obama
    I VOTED FOR THE WHITE GUY THIS TIME

    C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

    WHERES RUTH

  2. #47 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52,318
    Thanks
    3,273
    Thanked 15,326 Times in 10,608 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 590 Times in 557 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Oddly, that is exactly what Cheney said to Bush as he was pushing his second tax cut. He said "Reagan proved the debt does not matter'.
    It is Republican policy. Crank up the debt and then they think you can justify ending all programs that help the poor or middle class. That is the goal. The debt is just a way to get there.
    Again, read up on what some of the leaders of your party supports. It’s hard to lecture others when you actively argue deficits and debt don’t matter because we control the printing press

  3. #48 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    18,087
    Thanks
    2,574
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,977 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 649 Times in 624 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    What is my hypocrisy on the deficit? I've stated several times how I will tackle it once I'm anointed King. It won't be easy and will piss off dims as well as pubs.
    Yes, your hypocrisy.

    If your motivation is to elicit negative reactions from people, then you're just a troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm no economics expert. In fact I'm pretty dumb on the topic.

  4. #49 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    4,102
    Thanks
    2,770
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Groans
    44
    Groaned 95 Times in 91 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    You don't think there's any Chrysler money in there
    What's you point? How about the trillions of dollars that the Pentagon can't account for?
    I am nowhere near the threat I had hoped to become.

  5. #50 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    18,087
    Thanks
    2,574
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,977 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 649 Times in 624 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    We will never be able to pay it off, nor will our children or grandchildren

    Thanks obama
    Hold on a second...we had a surplus that you all replaced with record deficits thanks to your tax cut. That surplus could have paid the debt off by 2010 had you not changed the tax code in 2001.

    The same tax cut responsible for the housing market, as Bush campaigned in 2004.
    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm no economics expert. In fact I'm pretty dumb on the topic.

  6. #51 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    18,087
    Thanks
    2,574
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,977 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 649 Times in 624 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Again, read up on what some of the leaders of your party supports. It’s hard to lecture others when you actively argue deficits and debt don’t matter because we control the printing press
    Tax Cuts create deficits which fuels debt growth.

    It's what happened when you cut taxes in 2001 and turned a record surplus into four record deficits including the largest deficit of all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm no economics expert. In fact I'm pretty dumb on the topic.

  7. #52 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    78,377
    Thanks
    3,879
    Thanked 18,600 Times in 15,368 Posts
    Groans
    1,904
    Groaned 2,049 Times in 1,946 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Yeah.......You do not seem like someone that sits at a counter playing and praying instead of working for a living either.
    don't be silly......I'm a lawyer.......I don't work for a living.......

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

    Sailor (02-11-2019)

  9. #53 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    3,269
    Thanks
    1,177
    Thanked 2,199 Times in 1,450 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 79 Times in 69 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    What is my hypocrisy on the deficit? .
    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Yes, your hypocrisy.
    Not an answer. What is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    If your motivation is to elicit negative reactions from people, then you're just a troll.
    Then I guess I'm not a troll. What is my hypocrisy on the deficit? And "Yes, your hypocrisy," is not an answer. So what is it?

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

    Havana Moon (02-11-2019)

  11. #54 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    72,161
    Thanks
    28,290
    Thanked 18,792 Times in 14,850 Posts
    Groans
    18,769
    Groaned 3,545 Times in 3,369 Posts
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    Okay now you're being stupid again
    Obama added $8.335 trillion to the public debt – more than any modern president

    In 2001, the public debt was 54% of GDP. By 2009, it had increased to 77%

    https://www.debtconsolidation.com/us...n-barack-obama
    In rejecting their view [Spinoza, Leibnitz and Hegel], as I shall contend that we must, we are committing ourselves to the opinion that “truth” in empirical material has a meaning different from that which it bears in logic and mathematics.”

    Bertrand Russell, “An Inquiry Into Meaning & Truth” (1940)

  12. #55 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    18,087
    Thanks
    2,574
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,977 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 649 Times in 624 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Obama added $8.335 trillion to the public debt – more than any modern president

    In 2001, the public debt was 54% of GDP. By 2009, it had increased to 77%
    Well, there was a guy you voted for who was President from 2001-2009, what was his name again????

    Why did that guy take a surplus left to him and turn it into four record deficits that doubled the debt in 8 years, when we could have paid it off in 9 if we had done literally nothing to the tax code?
    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm no economics expert. In fact I'm pretty dumb on the topic.

  13. #56 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    5,418
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,534 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 96 Times in 93 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post


    Trump doesn't seem to be fixing this. He owns the national debt.
    Didn't he say he was going to grow out of it? "Eliminate it" Trump is slated to add 9 trillion to it this term.

    Yes, he's going to nearly increase it by half.

    https://www.thebalance.com/trump-pla...l-debt-4114401
    A socialist "bitching" about owning a capitalist debt? What happened to Keynesian Economics that have been invoked by socialists since King FDR? Clearly that type of economic plan does not work or THE PEOPLE would not be over 20 trillion in debt.

    Reality: The ONLY way to pay off this socialist debt is to STOP SPENDING like a left wing housewife with a new credit card....regardless of the R or D in vote of your name. Truth: Our Government collects some 7 Trillion + each and every year (a number an average citizen cannot comprehend)…...yet our politicians spend 10 trillion a year on social programs, useless wars, all in order to purchase votes for the politicians.... etc.


    This nation does not have a tax problem.....but a spending problem due to unorganized unqualified politicians from both sides of the isle. The average politician has never worked a day in the private sector.....the majority of politicians are wealthy and not in touch with the common man/woman. Keep voting them into office....and keep bitching, seems like a good plan.
    Last edited by Ralph; 02-11-2019 at 01:53 PM.

  14. #57 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    18,087
    Thanks
    2,574
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,977 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 649 Times in 624 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    A socialist "bitching" about owning a capitalist debt? What happened to Keynesian Economics that have been invoked by socialists since King FDR? Clearly that type of economic plan does not work or THE PEOPLE would not be over 20 trillion in debt.
    It worked fine until 2001, when you cut taxes that replaced the record surplus with record deficits that doubled the debt by 2009, when we could have paid it off by 2010 if you did nothing.

    Conservatives couldn't even do nothing right.
    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm no economics expert. In fact I'm pretty dumb on the topic.

  15. #58 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    18,087
    Thanks
    2,574
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,977 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 649 Times in 624 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Reality: The ONLY way to pay off this socialist debt is to STOP SPENDING like a left wing housewife with a new credit card....regardless of the R or D in vote of your name. Truth: Our Government collects some 7 Trillion + each and every year (a number an average citizen cannot comprehend)…...yet our politicians spend 10 trillion a year on social programs, useless wars, all in order to purchase votes for the politicians.... etc.
    You cut taxes in 2018, and as a result, less revenue was collected in 2018 than 2017.

    Tax cuts cause deficits. Deficits add to the debt. If you want to stop deficits, stop cutting taxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm no economics expert. In fact I'm pretty dumb on the topic.

  16. #59 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    18,087
    Thanks
    2,574
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,977 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 649 Times in 624 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    This nation does not have a tax problem.....but a spending problem due to unorganized unqualified politicians from both sides of the isle. The average politician has never worked a day in the private sector.....the majority of politicians are wealthy and not in touch with the common man/woman. Keep voting them into office....and keep bitching, seems like a good plan.
    We have a revenue problem. You keep cutting revenue and then you complain about the deficits those revenue cuts cause.

    You say cut spending...OK...what spending, then? The current deficit is about $900B (up from the $560B Obama left behind). So from where are you going to cut more than $900B in spending?
    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm no economics expert. In fact I'm pretty dumb on the topic.

  17. #60 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    18,087
    Thanks
    2,574
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,977 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 649 Times in 624 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Our Government collects some 7 Trillion + each and every year
    Lie.

    The government collects about $3T a year in revenues.
    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm no economics expert. In fact I'm pretty dumb on the topic.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2017, 07:19 PM
  2. To Hell and Back
    By DeMartMan in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 05:53 PM
  3. Back in Hell
    By Beefy in forum In Memoriam
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-22-2007, 09:13 AM
  4. Back in Hell
    By Beefy in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-22-2007, 09:13 AM
  5. Karl Rove Summoned Back To Hell
    By uscitizen in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 09:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •