Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 610 Times in 560 Posts

Default I'm confused!

Why do I keep hearing Democrats claiming that they’re not against a wall on our border, but they just think there’s better technologies than a wall to discourage and or prevent illegal immigration, but they never describe those technologies and how they’d work better than a wall. Are they talking about drones with Gatling guns on em, or rockets? Or maybe lasers that somehow freeze people in place? Or maybe they’re talking about junkyard dogs trained to roam the border, (and trained to not eat poison meat), huh? Help me understand the Democrats!
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robo For This Post:

Tkaffen (02-12-2019), Truth Detector (02-11-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,837 Times in 17,268 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

yes you are confused and lack knowledge. We all agree on that. They use RPM, which checks for radioactive isotopes. They use Busters, which check for densities through the car that would show drug packages inside fenders and added compartments. They photograph license plates and run them through criminal data bases. They use drug shniffing dogs.
    There is more technology being prepared ,but millions of cars are going back and forth through the border crossings. Cannot scan thm all.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    yes you are confused and lack knowledge. We all agree on that. They use RPM, which checks for radioactive isotopes. They use Busters, which check for densities through the car that would show drug packages inside fenders and added compartments. They photograph license plates and run them through criminal data bases. They use drug shniffing dogs.
    There is more technology being prepared ,but millions of cars are going back and forth through the border crossings. Cannot scan thm all.
    What about where there are no cars and roads and people just walk across the border? What's the Democrat plan for those places?
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    What about where there are no cars and roads and people just walk across the border? What's the Democrat plan for those places?
    That is not where the drugs and illegals come through. Well, at least the huge majority. If you want to deal with the problems, don't you think it is wise to deal with them where they are? The areas where the borders are crossed by iguanas and jackrabbits are not where to focus.
    Truth is neither is the ports on entry. Fact is Americas appetite for drugs will be served by somebody. Call drug addiction a medical condition and deal with it. Demand will be filled. We have taken out lots of drug cartels and you can still buy drugs at most street corners in America. Stop the demand.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That is not where the drugs and illegals come through. Well, at least the huge majority.
    And you know that for a fact, right? Why wouldn’t they come through where there are no barriers as opposed to where there are barriers? Your claim doesn’t even make any sense!

If you want to deal with the problems, don't you think it is wise to deal with them where they are? The areas where the borders are crossed by iguanas and jackrabbits are not where to focus.
    Oh! But in my opinion that’s exactly where to focus! If I wanted to cross the border in any direction illegally, that’s the first places I’d consider. I think that’s what is “WISE!”

Truth is neither is the ports on entry. Fact is Americas appetite for drugs will be served by somebody. Call drug addictio QUOTE=Nordberg;2882607]That is not where the drugs and illegals come through. Well, at least n a medical condition and deal with it. Demand will be filled. We have taken out lots of drug cartels and you can still buy drugs at most street corners in America. Stop the demand.
    I’m no supporter of Nixon’s idiot drug war. It’s not even constitutional to begin with. It only makes huge tax free profits for criminals and even terrorist. It corrupts law enforcement and politicians immigrants that come legally, and wait their turn. It’s the fact that the illegals never get vetted for skills and politicians and even judges. It causes violence in our streets. It clutters up our judicial and penal systems. It jails non violent addicts. And cost taxpayers billions for a sad failed stupid institution. Drugs should be legal, regulated and safe, licensed and taxed.

It’s not just the drug cartels at the border, it’s the human trafficking and MS13 and other criminals coming across and people with phony asylum claims forcing themselves into the country ahead of the legal immigrants that wait their turn. It’s the fact that illegals never get vetted for skills and diseases.
    Last edited by Robo; 02-11-2019 at 06:47 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Post:

Truth Detector (02-12-2019)

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And you know that for a fact, right? Why wouldn’t they come through where there are no barriers as opposed to where there are barriers? Your claim doesn’t even make any sense!

Oh! But in my opinion that’s exactly where to focus! If I wanted to cross the border in any direction illegally, that’s the first places I’d consider. I think that’s what is “WISE!”

I’m no supporter of Nixon’s idiot drug war. It’s not even constitutional to begin with. It only makes huge tax free profits for criminals and even terrorist. It corrupts law enforcement and politicians immigrants that come legally, and wait their turn. It’s the fact that the illegals never get vetted for skills and politicians and even judges. It causes violence in our streets. It clutters up our judicial and penal systems. It jails non violent addicts. And cost taxpayers billions for a sad failed stupid institution. Drugs should be legal, regulated and safe, licensed and taxed.

It’s not just the drug cartels at the border, it’s the human trafficking and MS13 and other criminals coming across and people with phony asylum claims forcing themselves into the country ahead of the legal immigrants that wait their turn. It’s the fact that illegals never get vetted for skills and diseases.
    Yes, deeply and badly confused. Like El Chapo said in his trial.In the quantities they deal with, they use trucks, cars through the border crossings. They use submarines. They use airplanes. They use boats. They use tunnels.Not some waif carrying a pocket full of drugs through the desert will not do them any good. Do you really not understand that?
    Danmn, you buy it all and still cannot question what they tll you. Human trafficking is not done by walking many miles through a desert. No gang banger is going to walk through a dangrous desert when he can drive through a port of entry in a car. Do you ever question what rush tells you? Do you ever ask yourself if it makes sense? Ever? because it doesn't.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Robo,

I would just like to comment about one little thing you said, if I might:

... immigrants that come legally, and wait their turn.
    That's a cop out term. You know darn well that most of the refugees seeking asylum on our southern border would never be allowed in as legal immigrants.

President Trump has said the same thing. That if people want to emigrate here that they should do it legally. And he has also said that he wants more legal immigrants than ever before to do so. And that was a lie:

"Trump: “I want people to come into our country in the largest numbers ever, but they have to come in legally.”

"Last fall Trump set the lowest cap in the history of the refugee admission program -- permitting just 30,000 a year. In former President Barack Obama's last year in office he proposed a cap of 110,000 amid the height of the crisis in Syria. In fiscal year 2017, the Trump administration allowed the second fewest refugees ever.

Trump also won a battle in the Supreme Court to restrict all forms of travel and immigration from seven countries, five of which have Muslim majority populations. Just last week, the administration began selectively enforcing a new policy at the southern border that requires migrants seeking asylum to wait in Mexico while their applications are processed. He has also called for the elimination of the diversity visa program, which typically awards up to 50,000 immigration visas each year. "

Source

Which Trump do you support?

The one that lies and says they should come in legally?

Or the one doing his best to just keep as many as possible OUT.

(I think we know the answer)

You're good with the 30K, right?

And you're good with telling people to apply for legal immigration, but knowing it is a waste of their time. Most of them could get in line and start waiting; and they would die before 'waiting for their turn' was complete. Most of them, really, will never GET A TURN.

That's what you really want, isn't it?

And if so, why not simply be honest about it and own up to it?

Why pretend that there is some other 'legal option' for them when there really is not?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (02-12-2019)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 43 Times in 37 Posts

That is not where the drugs and illegals come through. Well, at least the huge majority. If you want to deal with the problems, don't you think it is wise to deal with them where they are? The areas where the borders are crossed by iguanas and jackrabbits are not where to focus.
    Truth is neither is the ports on entry. Fact is Americas appetite for drugs will be served by somebody. Call drug addiction a medical condition and deal with it. Demand will be filled. We have taken out lots of drug cartels and you can still buy drugs at most street corners in America. Stop the demand.
    You should change your name to Moronberg .....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Vasquezrocks For This Post:

Truth Detector (02-12-2019)

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Vasquezrocks View Post
    You should change your name to Moronberg .....
    Such children you rightys are. According to US Customs and Border stats, 90 percent of heroin ,88 perent of cocaine and 80 percent of fenteanyl seized was at legal border crossings. It is just facts that you guys hate. I feel sorry for you guys having to go throgh life in a fantasy bubble ignoring facts . And of course, denying them when they are given to you. The wall is a waste of money desigend to keep Trump's followers who proceed without information, in line.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

So you finally got off your "ALL" lie about the ports of entry.

So what's wrong with stopping it all together, so ALL do have to come through ports of entry?
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

What's the evidence for your assertion? Can you cite it?

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    What's the evidence for your assertion? Can you cite it?
    Sure, I guess you are too lazy to look things up. According to US Customs and Border Protection stats, 90 percent of heroin, 88 percent of Cocaine, 80 percent of Fentanyl in first 1 months of 2018 were seized at legal crossing points.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 35 Times in 34 Posts

Nordick,
    Do you live in a fantasy world. Drug addiction is not a new problem. You will never stop the demand. Calling it a liberal medical condition will not stop the demand either.
    The best you can do is to try and stop the supply.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

If you are so "confused" and so concerned, and you are making this your business to know, perhaps it's time for you to get your fat ass up and go and see for yourself WTF is going on down there. Instead of trying to make your own assessment about what is still needed on the Border and what is not.

Let me just tell you that there is a natural border between the two countries where the rabbits wouldn't go, mountains, rock escarpments, rapid White Water River steep wall canyons, dangerous desert, hundreds of miles from nowhere on the Mexico side, and as much as 50 miles from the nearest road on the US side.

You're always welcome to go and hike the desert from the nearest road in America to the nearest road in Mexico by foot and let us know how that worked out for you!

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sounds to me that all these technologies require funneling the trespassers through central points. By using barriers, perhaps?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Robo (02-12-2019), Truth Detector (02-12-2019)