Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 172

Thread: I'm confused!

  1. #46 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ventura CA
    Posts
    50,562
    Thanks
    58,132
    Thanked 9,166 Times in 7,960 Posts
    Groans
    3,768
    Groaned 2,818 Times in 2,560 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    No wonder Trump is going to lose 2020 badly if he runs.

    He has these silly ass goofs trying to defend him and his wall falling all over themselves with stupidities.
    Saved. Along with this nuggets of stupidity:

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    Trump, of course, will come out of the trial looking very bad and possibly end up being charged.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    ....When the Dems end up with a 2/3 majority in both Senate and House and .....
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    Real America is coming for the Trump base in nine weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    The November elections will be the ultimate act of delegitimizing the far right as sane, worthy Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    You are going to run away after the Blue Deluge. ....
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    RBG will out last the Trump's crash and fall from power.
    Page 173 V I: Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities.


  2. #47 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ventura CA
    Posts
    50,562
    Thanks
    58,132
    Thanked 9,166 Times in 7,960 Posts
    Groans
    3,768
    Groaned 2,818 Times in 2,560 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    Robo, Dark Soul, and the other Trumpers continue to make no sense, waiting for their Russian masters and RT to tell them what to say.
    Page 173 V I: Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities.


  3. #48 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ventura CA
    Posts
    50,562
    Thanks
    58,132
    Thanked 9,166 Times in 7,960 Posts
    Groans
    3,768
    Groaned 2,818 Times in 2,560 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    The idiot Trumpers think a wall that will take twenty years to build and be easily overcome is going to be an early warning system.

    What a bunch of fools do follow Trump.
    The idiots on the left think that not having walls works. Morons.
    Page 173 V I: Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities.


  4. #49 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,839
    Thanks
    1,461
    Thanked 1,688 Times in 1,146 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 177 Times in 166 Posts

    Default

    The far right continues to fumble, and bumble, and stumble and mumble, then crumble to the ground . . . each and every time.

  5. #50 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,213
    Thanks
    3,144
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 455 Times in 411 Posts

    Default

    Hello Robo,

    I would just like to comment about one little thing you said, if I might:

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    ... immigrants that come legally, and wait their turn.
    That's a cop out term. You know darn well that most of the refugees seeking asylum on our southern border would never be allowed in as legal immigrants.

    President Trump has said the same thing. That if people want to emigrate here that they should do it legally. And he has also said that he wants more legal immigrants than ever before to do so. And that was a lie:

    "Trump: “I want people to come into our country in the largest numbers ever, but they have to come in legally.”

    "Last fall Trump set the lowest cap in the history of the refugee admission program -- permitting just 30,000 a year. In former President Barack Obama's last year in office he proposed a cap of 110,000 amid the height of the crisis in Syria. In fiscal year 2017, the Trump administration allowed the second fewest refugees ever.

    Trump also won a battle in the Supreme Court to restrict all forms of travel and immigration from seven countries, five of which have Muslim majority populations. Just last week, the administration began selectively enforcing a new policy at the southern border that requires migrants seeking asylum to wait in Mexico while their applications are processed. He has also called for the elimination of the diversity visa program, which typically awards up to 50,000 immigration visas each year. "

    Source

    Which Trump do you support?

    The one that lies and says they should come in legally?

    Or the one doing his best to just keep as many as possible OUT.

    (I think we know the answer)

    You're good with the 30K, right?

    And you're good with telling people to apply for legal immigration, but knowing it is a waste of their time. Most of them could get in line and start waiting; and they would die before 'waiting for their turn' was complete. Most of them, really, will never GET A TURN.

    That's what you really want, isn't it?

    And if so, why not simply be honest about it and own up to it?

    Why pretend that there is some other 'legal option' for them when there really is not?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Flame on me, mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you go on my PERMANENT Ignore List. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I won't participate in your threads, you will be banned from mine. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: if you like my PIP, feel free to use it. It works well.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

    christiefan915 (02-12-2019)

  7. #51 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,539
    Thanks
    180
    Thanked 441 Times in 358 Posts
    Groans
    66
    Groaned 122 Times in 112 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    What stops an inner-tube from crossing a moat?
    The sharks.
    Make the Left Great Again

  8. #52 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7,121
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 1,498 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 584 Times in 538 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    The far right continues to fumble, and bumble, and stumble and mumble, then crumble to the ground . . . each and every time.
    Still no answers, Jimmy? I understand!!!
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Post:

    Truth Detector (02-13-2019)

  10. #53 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,839
    Thanks
    1,461
    Thanked 1,688 Times in 1,146 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 177 Times in 166 Posts

    Default

    You are still confused, Robo. I understand!!

  11. #54 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7,121
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 1,498 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 584 Times in 538 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Robo,

    I would just like to comment about one little thing you said, if I might:



    That's a cop out term. You know darn well that most of the refugees seeking asylum on our southern border would never be allowed in as legal immigrants.
    I know no such thing!!!

    President Trump has said the same thing. That if people want to emigrate here that they should do it legally. And he has also said that he wants more legal immigrants than ever before to do so. And that was a lie:
    You know that’s a lie because?

    "Trump: “I want people to come into our country in the largest numbers ever, but they have to come in legally.”
    I agree with the “legally” part!!!

    "Last fall Trump set the lowest cap in the history of the refugee admission program -- permitting just 30,000 a year. In former President Barack Obama's last year in office he proposed a cap of 110,000 amid the height of the crisis in Syria. In fiscal year 2017, the Trump administration allowed the second fewest refugees ever.
    Having to super vet immigrants in a world full of terrorist and MS13 gang members and other criminals, it seems perfectly logical that a vetting service would be overwhelmed with more than 30,000. I’d say I suspect that Obummer’s 110,000 likely allowed in criminals and likely terrorist.

    Trump also won a battle in the Supreme Court to restrict all forms of travel and immigration from seven countries, five of which have Muslim majority populations.
    A correct decision by the court!

    Just last week, the administration began selectively enforcing a new policy at the southern border that requires migrants seeking asylum to wait in Mexico while their applications are processed.
    Rightfully so!! Leftist judges in the courts have ordered that immigrants seeking asylum must be released into America’s population after a limited number of days if their applications haven’t been processed. They get a court date to appear and never do, they just disappear into America’s vast population. You may be OK with that, I’m not!!!

    He has also called for the elimination of the diversity visa program, which typically awards up to 50,000 immigration visas each year. "
    I don’t support an immigration system that tribalizes immigrants by race. I see that as racism!!! I support an immigration system that accepts immigrants by their value to the United States Of America, their willingness to assimilate into American society accept America’s traditions, culture and the English language and become good and productive self supporting citizens.

    Which Trump do you support?

    The one that lies and says they should come in legally?
    And you know that’s a lie because CNN and MSNBC and the DNC told you so, right?

    Or the one doing his best to just keep as many as possible OUT.

    (I think we know the answer)

    You're good with the 30K, right?
    With super vetting being necessary, YES!!!

    And you're good with telling people to apply for legal immigration, but knowing it is a waste of their time. Most of them could get in line and start waiting; and they would die before 'waiting for their turn' was complete. Most of them, really, will never GET A TURN.
    Then petition the Congress to reform the immigration system!!! It sucks and neither duopoly party want’s to reform it. Both have had chances to fix it and neither even tried!!!

    That's what you really want, isn't it?

    And if so, why not simply be honest about it and own up to it?

    Why pretend that there is some other 'legal option' for them when there really is not?
    Reinspect my answers to the rest of you questions and you’ll have your answers, I never hide anything. I’m an honest person and I say what I believe and I believe what I believe with reason!!!
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

  12. #55 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7,121
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 1,498 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 584 Times in 538 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    The sharks.
    Salt water motes, right?
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

  13. #56 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    15,676
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 7,542 Times in 5,126 Posts
    Groans
    2,859
    Groaned 1,514 Times in 1,412 Posts

    Default

    Most illegals fly in or come in legitimately and overstay their visas. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/...ntinue-n730216 Need a fence about 36,000 feet tall.

  14. #57 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7,121
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 1,498 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 584 Times in 538 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Most illegals fly in or come in legitimately and overstay their visas. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/...ntinue-n730216 Need a fence about 36,000 feet tall.
    And that's relevant to this thread because?

    You've made it perfectly clear good friend that neither you, any other leftist on this thread, or any Democrat politician hell bent on obstructing Trump can supply any credible, sensible alleged technologies that will do what a wall can do on the border. That excuse for opposing a wall is pitiful obscene horseshit, and y'all know it!!!
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

  15. #58 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,213
    Thanks
    3,144
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 455 Times in 411 Posts

    Default

    Hello Robo,

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    I know no such thing!!![most of the refugees seeking asylum on our southern border would never be allowed in as legal immigrants.]
    Get OUTTA here! You think most of the refugees seeking asylum on our southern border have a reasonable expectation to be allowed in as legal immigrants if they only apply for citizenship? The numbers don't add up. We only allow 30,000 legal immigrants per year into the USA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    You know that’s a lie because?
    He already did the opposite of what he said, as I show below.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    Having to super vet immigrants in a world full of terrorist and MS13 gang members and other criminals, it seems perfectly logical that a vetting service would be overwhelmed with more than 30,000. I’d say I suspect that Obummer’s 110,000 likely allowed in criminals and likely terrorist.
    Then they must have turned over a new leaf. Crime rates have been falling.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    A correct decision by the court!
    When Trump announced his Muslim Ban, he said: "Until we can figure out what the hell is going on." Is there any indication that he is really trying to do that? Or was that part another lie.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    Rightfully so!! Leftist judges in the courts have ordered that immigrants seeking asylum must be released into America’s population after a limited number of days if their applications haven’t been processed. They get a court date to appear and never do, they just disappear into America’s vast population. You may be OK with that, I’m not!!!
    Let's just get the facts straight here, because I don't believe what you've said is accurate. Those judges are following the law. That is their job. You have absolutely no evidence those decisions are politically motivated. That's fake news. Propaganda. You should not believe that. It is not verified information. It's baloney. If you've got anything credible that backs up what you say, now would be the time to present it. Otherwise, I completely disagree with your understanding of the situation.

    You know, it's hard to really believe you are correct when you realize your position is based on baloney. Also, I understand they use ankle bracelets to monitor the location of asylum seekers and to ensure that they appear for their hearing. The Democratic proposal includes funding for more judges to be able to speed up process times.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    I don’t support an immigration system that tribalizes immigrants by race.
    What's THAT?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    I see that as racism!!!
    If you mean you don't like that the fastest growing demographic in the USA is Hispanic then I disagree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    I support an immigration system that accepts immigrants by their value to the United States Of America, their willingness to assimilate into American society accept America’s traditions, culture and the English language and become good and productive self supporting citizens.
    Wait a minute. What is 'American culture?' To be accurate, that includes a LOT of very different cultures. And the way I see it, that diversity makes America great. Immigrants, legal and illegal, have a history of working hard at low-paying jobs and assimilating well into the USA. The ones who have struggled to fully assimilate are descendant from slaves brought here by force. People who never wanted to come here in the first place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    And you know that’s a lie because CNN and MSNBC and the DNC told you so, right?
    OK, first of all, the bias of those networks is well known, and they are not the same. CNN is middle and MSNBC is left. They are not the enemy of the people. The reason Trump calls them that is because they present the truth that shatters his propaganda. He wants to present 'alternative facts' which are different from actual facts. President Trump lies. Nobody could expect the free media to go along with a leader who lies. The lies have been verified and numerous. These are reliable main stream news sources. Neither has a reputation of presenting false information. And if they ever do make a mistake they always issue retractions.

    I don't get information from the DNC. That is a political party's leadership. To the point, if you had looked at the link I posted you would have learned that it was ABC news, and you would also find that the report is correct, those are President Trump's exact words, right out of the SOTU speech. Those words were the opposite of what he did. He said he supports "more legal immigration than ever," yet he has Executive Ordered that the levels be cut back. That's lying. There's no fake news about it. Said one thing, did the opposite. Lying. Cut and dried. He lied. It's troubling that his followers never call him on this and many lies, and that they ignore all of it and continue to support him. I think it is a stupid mistake.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    Then petition the Congress to reform the immigration system!!! It sucks and neither duopoly party want’s to reform it. Both have had chances to fix it and neither even tried!!!
    I don't know for a fact but I suspect that Congressional attempts to fix immigration have indeed been attempted, probably by both parties, but they can't agree on what needs to be done.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    Reinspect my answers to the rest of you questions and you’ll have your answers, I never hide anything. I’m an honest person and I say what I believe and I believe what I believe with reason!!!
    And on that we are very much alike. Like on so many issues, we agree on the logical action to be taken in response to the given facts; we simply disagree on the facts. It makes all kinds of sense to me that you would believe the things you do if your facts were indeed true. I just don't think they are. What I think the basic facts are is very different from your understanding. I believe it when I hear that illegal immigration is actually at a historical low. I don't think there is a crisis at the border, no emergency. I hope President Trump will not cry wolf just so he can do more needless government spending. The sky is definitely not falling.

    I think we are doing an effective job of keeping them out. I don't believe the ones that do slip in are bringing more crime and drugs. That doesn't make any sense that people would risk their lives to trek through the desert and haul drugs for profit. El Chapo was just found guilty. We learned his methods. He did not use immigrants trekking through the desert. Those people don't want to carry anything more than they need to survive. Just carrying enough water is a huge burden.

    I don't think immigrants working jobs here are making it too hard to find work. Unemployment is low, even with all the millions of immigrants already here. I think this whole notion that immigration is a big problem is all whipped up by Trump as a rallying cry to the gullible types who believe the propaganda. Hatred is a great motivator. It has worked for demagogues before. You know what a demagogue is, right? That's Trump. He fits the definition. It's all a big distraction so people won't focus in the Russia investigation, which he is also lying about. He needs to be investigated to the bone and let the investigations focus on money and money laundering. How does a guy with no credit in the USA go and get millions in Russian money and it's all legit? Makes zero sense. The whole hatred of immigrants thing is a smoke screen. He hired immigrants, married one, brought her family in. He is USING his followers. He doesn't care about people. He USES people. Just like the contractors he stiffed and the Trump University customers who got swindled. SMOKE SCREEN.

    I believe immigrants contribute to the economy, not hurt it.

    I believe illegal immigrants just want to work at anything they can find. They take the dirty jobs, the grunt jobs. Picking sweet potatoes. Digging them, actually. Fun stuff like that. Criminals are not willing to do that kind of work. Immigrants just want to stay out of trouble. They don't go to the government applying for assistance. They don't want the government to even know they exist. The use less government assistance than American Citizens do and they commit fewer crimes per capita than American citizens do. Those are verifiable facts. Those facts do not support your view. You can't explain why. So I don't believe you. I believe the facts. I know you have your own reasons for believing what you do 'leftist judges' (with no evidence of this claim) and you really believe it. Like I said. We simply disagree on what the basic facts are. Those judges are following the law and you don't even know their party affiliation.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Flame on me, mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you go on my PERMANENT Ignore List. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I won't participate in your threads, you will be banned from mine. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: if you like my PIP, feel free to use it. It works well.

  16. #59 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    15,676
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 7,542 Times in 5,126 Posts
    Groans
    2,859
    Groaned 1,514 Times in 1,412 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    And that's relevant to this thread because?

    You've made it perfectly clear good friend that neither you, any other leftist on this thread, or any Democrat politician hell bent on obstructing Trump can supply any credible, sensible alleged technologies that will do what a wall can do on the border. That excuse for opposing a wall is pitiful obscene horseshit, and y'all know it!!!
    You really are confused. The wall is simply a device to rattle the uninformed and the haters. It is a stupid idea and a waste of money and resources. Walls are beaten all the time. There are lots of tunnels. You do understand that the Latinos know there are openings in the line of fencing. Yet for some reason, they dig tunnels under the existing instead. They climb over. They go through it. Why? You think the problem is not having a wall from sea to shining sea. Do you think if they build that wall, the Latinos will just stop ? For some reason you think a wall out in BFE will stop them from doing what they are doing now?
    The wall is a big shiny distraction and you absolutely positively know it.

  17. #60 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7,121
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 1,498 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 584 Times in 538 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    You are still confused, Robo. I understand!!
    You're right Jimmy, I am still confused as to why you can't seem to articulate any of your folk's alleged technologies that work better than walls in wide open territories. Since you're such a loyal strong believer in MSNBC, CNN and the DNC's propaganda and Trump hate without reason, I thought you, of all people, would have memorized those technologies and educated the rest of us. But curiously you haven't contributed a dime's worth of evidence or explanation of such technologies. Pony Up, Jim!!!
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

Similar Threads

  1. I'm still a bit confused over this,
    By archives in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-13-2018, 10:43 AM
  2. Rump is confused!
    By Jarod in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-10-2017, 08:30 PM
  3. Liberals too confused to get anything right?
    By Big Money in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-28-2013, 01:27 AM
  4. confused about rep...
    By PostmodernProphet in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 12:30 PM
  5. Another Confused Liberal
    By toby in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 08:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •