Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., who jumped into the 2020 presidential race Sunday, acknowledged Monday that she’s a “tough” boss in responding to reports that she mistreats her staff.

“I love my staff,” she said in an appearance on ABC’s “Good Morning America.” “I wouldn’t be where I am and we wouldn’t be able to pass all those bills and do all that work if we didn’t have great staff. I am tough. I push people, that is true.”

“But my point is, is that I have high expectations for myself, I have high expectations for the people that work for me, and I have high expectations for this country,” she said.

n the days before the Minnesota Democrat announced her candidacy, former aides spoke anonymously to the press to say that her office was a hostile work environment, and that Klobuchar sent degrading emails, threw office supplies, and requested that staff perform household chores for her.

At her campaign launch Sunday in Minneapolis, Klobuchar thanked her staff for their hard work moments after taking the stage in an apparent attempt to address the criticism.

Klobuchar has not denied any specific allegations about her leadership style.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...aff-i-am-tough