Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 200

Thread: "I was born black. I will die black," Kamala Harris said

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    17,994
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 10,463 Times in 6,460 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 234 Times in 215 Posts

    Cool "I was born black. I will die black," Kamala Harris said

    In an interview with The Breakfast Club hosts DJ Envy and Charlamagne Tha God that aired Monday, the show's hosts asked the California Democrat to address a series of derogatory memes that have circulated on social media. One of the hosts cited a meme that said Harris is "not African-American" because her parents were immigrants born in India and Jamaica and she spent her high school years in Canada.

    "So I was born in Oakland, and raised in the United States except for the years that I was in high school in Montreal, Canada," Harris responded with a laugh. "And look, this is the same thing they did to Barack (Obama). This is not new to us and so I think that we know what they are trying to do."

    "They are trying to do what has been happening over the last two years, which is powerful voices trying to sow hate and division, and so we need to recognize when we're being played," Harris said.

    "I think they don't understand who black people are," Harris replied. "I'm not going to spend my time trying to educate people about who black people are. Because right now, frankly, I'm focused on, for example, an initiative that I have that is called the 'LIFT Act' that is about lifting folks out of poverty," she said, detailing her plan for a $6,000 tax credit for middle class Americans.

    "I'm black, and I'm proud of being black," she said at a later point in the interview. "I was born black. I will die black, and I'm not going to make excuses for anybody because they don't understand."


    read: https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/11/polit...lub/index.html


    watch full interview: (44m)








    She's defiantly NO Hillary Clinton
    Trump isn't our 45th American president; he's our 1st Russian one.

    Remember this on Tuesday November 3rd, 2020

  2. The Following User Groans At Bourbon For This Awful Post:

    I Love America (02-11-2019)

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

    evince (02-11-2019), guno (02-12-2019)

  4. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,846
    Thanks
    5,980
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 944 Posts
    Groans
    2,428
    Groaned 150 Times in 138 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    She sounds like a racist to me.

    I am proud of being an American, not for being white.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Earl For This Post:

    Evmetro (02-11-2019), I Love America (02-11-2019), rjhenn (02-12-2019)

  6. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,631
    Thanks
    178
    Thanked 887 Times in 578 Posts
    Groans
    9
    Groaned 99 Times in 88 Posts

    Default

    Republicans are forced to flood the conversation with red herring issues like "blackness" because a clear discussion of the actual issues identifies them as criminals.

  7. The Following 3 Users Groan At NiftyNiblick For This Awful Post:

    Earl (02-11-2019), Evmetro (02-11-2019), I Love America (02-11-2019)

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

    Centerleftfl (02-14-2019), guno (02-12-2019), rjhenn (02-12-2019), StoneByStone (02-12-2019)

  9. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Blue Ridge
    Posts
    21,887
    Thanks
    12,666
    Thanked 6,076 Times in 4,942 Posts
    Groans
    1,736
    Groaned 965 Times in 879 Posts

    Default

    And she'll lose her bid for POTUS, then blame it on racism...

  10. The Following User Groans At Dark Soul For This Awful Post:

    rjhenn (02-12-2019)

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dark Soul For This Post:

    Earl (02-11-2019), Evmetro (02-11-2019), I Love America (02-11-2019), Truth Detector (02-13-2019)

  12. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    17,994
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 10,463 Times in 6,460 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 234 Times in 215 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    She sounds like a racist to me.

    I am proud of being an American, not for being white.

    YOU didn't have a choice on who your Parents are ... try again sport.
    Trump isn't our 45th American president; he's our 1st Russian one.

    Remember this on Tuesday November 3rd, 2020

  13. The Following User Groans At Bourbon For This Awful Post:

    I Love America (02-11-2019)

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

    Centerleftfl (02-13-2019), rjhenn (02-12-2019)

  15. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    17,994
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 10,463 Times in 6,460 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 234 Times in 215 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    And she'll lose her bid for POTUS, then blame it on racism...

    Kinda like what Trump was doing a month before the election
    Trump isn't our 45th American president; he's our 1st Russian one.

    Remember this on Tuesday November 3rd, 2020

  16. The Following User Groans At Bourbon For This Awful Post:

    I Love America (02-11-2019)

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

    guno (02-12-2019), rjhenn (02-12-2019)

  18. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Blue Ridge
    Posts
    21,887
    Thanks
    12,666
    Thanked 6,076 Times in 4,942 Posts
    Groans
    1,736
    Groaned 965 Times in 879 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    Kinda like what Trump was doing a month before the election
    Trump won his election, and with the help of minority votes...

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark Soul For This Post:

    Truth Detector (02-13-2019)

  20. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    17,994
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 10,463 Times in 6,460 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 234 Times in 215 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    Trump won his election, and with the help of minority votes...
    ... ok, you can say that about EVERY President in your life time
    Trump isn't our 45th American president; he's our 1st Russian one.

    Remember this on Tuesday November 3rd, 2020

  21. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    10,789
    Thanks
    8,187
    Thanked 4,445 Times in 3,254 Posts
    Groans
    255
    Groaned 234 Times in 219 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    YOU didn't have a choice on who your Parents are ... try again sport.
    Do you think Kamala will stop straightening her hair to appear more authentically Black for her pres. campaign.

    She can easily pass the paper bag test, ... she may need to use a little blackface too.
    I condemn the National Socialist German Workers Party, the Socialist Democrat Hate Whitey Party,... and Socialist Workers party heroes, Mao, Chavez, Mussolini, Pol Pot, Stalin, Castro and Kim Jung Un.

    Liberal Racist code: Orange is the New White

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigdog For This Post:

    Earl (02-11-2019), Truth Detector (02-13-2019)

  23. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,846
    Thanks
    5,980
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 944 Posts
    Groans
    2,428
    Groaned 150 Times in 138 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    YOU didn't have a choice on who your Parents are ... try again sport.
    What does that have to do with pride in America, not pride in race, lad?

  24. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Realville
    Posts
    30,136
    Thanks
    1,374
    Thanked 5,791 Times in 4,705 Posts
    Groans
    745
    Groaned 2,445 Times in 2,268 Posts

    Default

    Seems the only one focused on her race is............


     
    HER

  25. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    5,888
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2,424 Times in 1,745 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 324 Times in 298 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    In an interview with The Breakfast Club hosts DJ Envy and Charlamagne Tha God that aired Monday, the show's hosts asked the California Democrat to address a series of derogatory memes that have circulated on social media. One of the hosts cited a meme that said Harris is "not African-American" because her parents were immigrants born in India and Jamaica and she spent her high school years in Canada.

    "So I was born in Oakland, and raised in the United States except for the years that I was in high school in Montreal, Canada," Harris responded with a laugh. "And look, this is the same thing they did to Barack (Obama). This is not new to us and so I think that we know what they are trying to do."

    "They are trying to do what has been happening over the last two years, which is powerful voices trying to sow hate and division, and so we need to recognize when we're being played," Harris said.

    "I think they don't understand who black people are," Harris replied. "I'm not going to spend my time trying to educate people about who black people are. Because right now, frankly, I'm focused on, for example, an initiative that I have that is called the 'LIFT Act' that is about lifting folks out of poverty," she said, detailing her plan for a $6,000 tax credit for middle class Americans.

    "I'm black, and I'm proud of being black," she said at a later point in the interview. "I was born black. I will die black, and I'm not going to make excuses for anybody because they don't understand."


    read: https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/11/polit...lub/index.html


    watch full interview: (44m)








    She's defiantly NO Hillary Clinton
    I'm black, and I'm proud of being black


    I'm white, and I'm proud of being white

    Any congress person that made that statement would be called a white supremacist

  26. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    7,538
    Thanks
    1,239
    Thanked 4,037 Times in 3,021 Posts
    Groans
    379
    Groaned 353 Times in 336 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblicker View Post
    Republicans are forced to flood the conversation with red herring issues like "blackness" because a clear discussion of the actual issues identifies them as criminals.
    Lol, yes, we know in Liberal Lala Land, being pro-America is criminal.
    Liberalism always generates the exact opposite of its stated intent

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

    Earl (02-11-2019)

  28. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    12,547
    Thanks
    6,248
    Thanked 5,901 Times in 3,766 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 454 Times in 437 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    What does that have to do with pride in America, not pride in race, lad?

    Earl...c'mon.

    Are you suggesting that because she is saying she is proud to be black...she is not also proud to be an American?

    I am proud to be agnostic on REALITY questions. That does not mean I am not proud to be an American. Frankly, I am more proud to be a human on planet Earth...than to be an American.

    There are all sorts of things to take pride in. Excessive pride in things like "being an American (or any other nationality) is horseshit. It is the reason Samuel Johnson opined, "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."

    Harris IS "proud" she is black. I am sure she is "proud" that she is a woman; "proud" that she is serving her state; "proud that she is serving her country"; and "proud" that she is serving humanity."

  29. The Following User Groans At Frank Apisa For This Awful Post:

    Dark Soul (02-11-2019)

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

    rjhenn (02-12-2019)

  31. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    17,994
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 10,463 Times in 6,460 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 234 Times in 215 Posts

    Default

    Don't you just hate it, a Black Woman who doesn't wait her turn.
    Trump isn't our 45th American president; he's our 1st Russian one.

    Remember this on Tuesday November 3rd, 2020

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

    Frank Apisa (02-11-2019)

Similar Threads

  1. AMC Theaters gives free showings of "Black Panther" to celebrate Black History Month
    By Text Drivers are Killers in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-03-2019, 10:28 AM
  2. KAMALA HARRIS HAS BEEN TOUGH ON BLACK PEOPLE, NOT CRIME
    By volsrock in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-28-2019, 03:05 PM
  3. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-01-2017, 10:18 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-11-2016, 02:48 AM
  5. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 08:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •