Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 72

Thread: Friday is coming...!

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    53,235
    Thanks
    3,710
    Thanked 13,193 Times in 9,051 Posts
    Groans
    237
    Groaned 1,334 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Friday is coming...!

    Friday's deadline for a second government shutdown is rapidly approaching, what is a Rumpper to do?

    Should Rump fall for the same trap a second time? Should he shut it down again? Why would the result be any different?

    Should Rump declare a national emergency? His PR campaign for that option sure seems to have fallen flat? What happened to the latest Caravan he was whipping up?

    The border towns have turned against Rump.

    Does he have any other options? I think IF he were smart, which he is not, he would do neither... keep the government open and not declare a National Emergency... but just lie about how he is shifting funds and building the wall anyway. As I have said... his people will believe it, they will be happy and he can avoid the appearance of failure, all he really cares about anyway. Walk away from the mess and declare victory, like W tried to do with Iraq. Like Rump did with Rump University. Like Rump did with Rump's Taj Mahal.
    4,487

    Liberals... if you want to read something funny... https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...arah-Barracuda

    "The Government will not be open until we have a wall" - DJT

    January 11, 2016 - “I have no deals in Russia, I have no deals that could have been in Russia.”

  2. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    10,658
    Thanks
    1,674
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,064 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 208 Times in 201 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Friday's deadline for a second government shutdown is rapidly approaching, what is a Rumpper to do?

    Should Rump fall for the same trap a second time? Should he shut it down again? Why would the result be any different?

    Should Rump declare a national emergency? His PR campaign for that option sure seems to have fallen flat? What happened to the latest Caravan he was whipping up?

    The border towns have turned against Rump.

    Does he have any other options? I think IF he were smart, which he is not, he would do neither... keep the government open and not declare a National Emergency... but just lie about how he is shifting funds and building the wall anyway. As I have said... his people will believe it, they will be happy and he can avoid the appearance of failure, all he really cares about anyway. Walk away from the mess and declare victory, like W tried to do with Iraq. Like Rump did with Rump University. Like Rump did with Rump's Taj Mahal.
    There is only one Republican left that represents a border district, and he is opposed to the wall.
    Don't be mad cause I'm doing me better than you're doing you.

  3. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    53,235
    Thanks
    3,710
    Thanked 13,193 Times in 9,051 Posts
    Groans
    237
    Groaned 1,334 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    There is only one Republican left that represents a border district, and he is opposed to the wall.
    They should be the ones who know best....
    4,487

    Liberals... if you want to read something funny... https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...arah-Barracuda

    "The Government will not be open until we have a wall" - DJT

    January 11, 2016 - “I have no deals in Russia, I have no deals that could have been in Russia.”

  4. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    53,235
    Thanks
    3,710
    Thanked 13,193 Times in 9,051 Posts
    Groans
    237
    Groaned 1,334 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Friday is coming!

  5. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    12,483
    Thanks
    1,630
    Thanked 5,516 Times in 3,778 Posts
    Groans
    82
    Groaned 636 Times in 601 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Friday's deadline for a second government shutdown is rapidly approaching, what is a Rumpper to do?

    Should Rump fall for the same trap a second time? Should he shut it down again? Why would the result be any different?

    Should Rump declare a national emergency? His PR campaign for that option sure seems to have fallen flat? What happened to the latest Caravan he was whipping up?

    The border towns have turned against Rump.

    Does he have any other options? I think IF he were smart, which he is not, he would do neither... keep the government open and not declare a National Emergency... but just lie about how he is shifting funds and building the wall anyway. As I have said... his people will believe it, they will be happy and he can avoid the appearance of failure, all he really cares about anyway. Walk away from the mess and declare victory, like W tried to do with Iraq. Like Rump did with Rump University. Like Rump did with Rump's Taj Mahal.
    The money quote bold

  6. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    4,884
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,839 Times in 1,341 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 269 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    Shut her down

  7. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    73,187
    Thanks
    3,321
    Thanked 15,994 Times in 13,364 Posts
    Groans
    1,715
    Groaned 1,946 Times in 1,843 Posts

    Default

    did the demmycrats negotiate?......I haven't heard any deals being made.......guess those freshmen demmycrats were no more sincere than the old fart demmycrats.....

  8. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    13,643
    Thanks
    29,317
    Thanked 10,858 Times in 6,704 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 645 Times in 626 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Friday's deadline for a second government shutdown is rapidly approaching, what is a Rumpper to do?

    Should Rump fall for the same trap a second time? Should he shut it down again? Why would the result be any different?

    Should Rump declare a national emergency? His PR campaign for that option sure seems to have fallen flat? What happened to the latest Caravan he was whipping up?

    The border towns have turned against Rump.

    Does he have any other options? I think IF he were smart, which he is not, he would do neither... keep the government open and not declare a National Emergency... but just lie about how he is shifting funds and building the wall anyway. As I have said... his people will believe it, they will be happy and he can avoid the appearance of failure, all he really cares about anyway. Walk away from the mess and declare victory, like W tried to do with Iraq. Like Rump did with Rump University. Like Rump did with Rump's Taj Mahal.
    For sure. It won't matter how many non-Reichwing media outfits report that nothing has changed down there, those morons will believe that Toadstool "won" and so did they. Because our Lord Fox told them so.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    Jarod (02-12-2019)

  10. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    73,187
    Thanks
    3,321
    Thanked 15,994 Times in 13,364 Posts
    Groans
    1,715
    Groaned 1,946 Times in 1,843 Posts

    Default

    news about a deal overnight...... over a billion for the wall but cuts ICE detention beds......will it fly?.......certainly shows demmycrats are moving in the wrong direction for security....can you imagine what things would be like if we had a demmuycrat open borders president?......

  11. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    22,525
    Thanks
    5,006
    Thanked 10,982 Times in 7,925 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 802 Times in 765 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    news about a deal overnight...... over a billion for the wall but cuts ICE detention beds......will it fly?.......certainly shows demmycrats are moving in the wrong direction for security....can you imagine what things would be like if we had a demmuycrat open borders president?......
    Maybe one of the lefties can explain why democrats would want to *cut* detetention beds as part of their ‘compromise’ border deal.

    I mean, I know why they’d want to lol. But what’s the narrative say about it?
    As a surgeon I have operated on infants pre-birth. I can assure you they are very much alive.~Ben Carson

  12. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    11,965
    Thanks
    5,827
    Thanked 5,499 Times in 3,538 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 412 Times in 398 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Beto Omar View Post
    Maybe one of the lefties can explain why democrats would want to *cut* detetention beds as part of their ‘compromise’ border deal.

    I mean, I know why they’d want to lol. But what’s the narrative say about it?
    ALWAYS include shit in any negotiation you are willing to give up with no problem.

    Then...when the "give and take" begins...give it up...but pretend it is a great concession so your demands for great concessions on the other guys part seems reasonable.

    Trump is being taken for a ride by the Democrats right now. They are doing it with huge smiles on their faces...actually getting a kick out of it.

    Never has a jerk-off so richly deserved the ass-kicking he is getting.

  13. The Following User Groans At Frank Apisa For This Awful Post:

    Dark Soul (02-12-2019)

  14. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    22,525
    Thanks
    5,006
    Thanked 10,982 Times in 7,925 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 802 Times in 765 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    ALWAYS include shit in any negotiation you are willing to give up with no problem.

    Then...when the "give and take" begins...give it up...but pretend it is a great concession so your demands for great concessions on the other guys part seems reasonable.

    Trump is being taken for a ride by the Democrats right now. They are doing it with huge smiles on their faces...actually getting a kick out of it.

    Never has a jerk-off so richly deserved the ass-kicking he is getting.
    Does the phrase ‘don’t count your chickens before they hatch’ mean anything to you Frankie lol?
    As a surgeon I have operated on infants pre-birth. I can assure you they are very much alive.~Ben Carson

  15. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    6,687
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,406 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 230 Times in 215 Posts

    Default

    If the Democrats want to shut the government down, and somehow think that's a winning strategy, so be it.

    Trump will look at what they are proposing, and then either get his pen out, or keep it in his pocket. Great to be the boss
    I VOTED FOR THE WHITE GUY THIS TIME

    C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

  16. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    16,837
    Thanks
    1,820
    Thanked 9,770 Times in 6,080 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 196 Times in 179 Posts

    Default

    Prediction:

    - Mexico won't pay for the Wall
    - Nancy won't pay for the Wall
    - Tax Payers will be Fucked for more Taxes
    - Wall Still won't be Built.

    Lets Fact-Check this Monday February 18th 2019
    Trump isn't our 45th American president; he's our 1st Russian one.

    Remember this on Tuesday November 3rd, 2020

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

    Frank Apisa (02-12-2019)

  18. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    6,687
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,406 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 230 Times in 215 Posts

    Default

    I love how the wall bothers the nut-bags.

    Gonna get built, actually IS being built

    pay close attention, or stay triggered
    I VOTED FOR THE WHITE GUY THIS TIME

    C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Similar Threads

  1. Is this a Good Friday or what? Treason Scoreboard! Happy Friday
    By Bourbon in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-17-2018, 12:29 PM
  2. Joe Friday
    By USFREEDOM911 in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-04-2016, 12:38 AM
  3. This Friday...
    By Damocles in forum Announcements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-09-2009, 11:56 PM
  4. By Friday?
    By Cancel7 in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-20-2007, 10:44 AM
  5. It's Friday Again . . .
    By OrnotBitwise in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-28-2006, 02:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •