Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: With all the Hoopla of Black face.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Tell me lefties do you also consider this black face racist?

I don't have a problem with black face, but this is clearly an idiotic comparison.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,570 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    I posted that picture to see how you idiots would react. Of course a WWII soldier in camo is not the same as an actor wearing black face. But rather than calmly explaining the difference idiots like you went into melt down. Like it or not it was common in the 19th century (not that it wasn't racist) but that was an accepted form of entertainment. Which was generally accepted by soceity. You can whine and piss and moan all you want but it is a fact of our history, and no amount of revisionist history will change that! That was then this is now fuck head.
    Lets make it easy for you, that is a necessity. It was acceptable in WHITE world. The blacks, were as usual getting fucked over by the white world, and could not get the entertainment jobs. Yes, segregation was common. But it was wrong and harmful to the blacks. It was acceptable by the WHITES.
    You are of course writing from a white perspective. And since that is all you know, you are trapped by it. You should quit revising history to assuage your white guilt. You would have been happy as a clam in South Africa during apartheid and claiming the blacks were happy with the way thing were.
    You are old enough to have known about separate but unequal. Must know about the Montgomery marches where whites killed blacks to keep segregation. No ,blacks were not content with being second class citizens and not being allowed to be entertainers. There was no payoff for them. Is this where I should call you a name? You seem to rely on that.