Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Thread: MILLIONS will be hit with TAXES due to UNDERPAYING for 2018 TAX CUT (TOLD YAH!)

1. #361 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    Add up all the receipts for FY17 and 18(do it twice)and let's compare answers
    Notice this subtle goalpost shift...this goober wants to use fiscal years, not calendar years, to make an analysis.

Problem with that, Sparky, is that the Russia Tax Cut didn't start on the fiscal year, it started on the calendar year.

If we look at the fiscal year, we don't capture an entire year's worth of tax cut data because you start the fiscal year before the calendar year, and before the Russia Tax Cut took effect.

It's just a subtle goalpost shift from someone who is clearly insecure in their argument.

Your Russia Tax Cut didn't start on FY 2018, it started January 1st, 2018.

You debate in a very dishonest way, and you do it that way because you have acted in bad faith for so long, you don't know any other way to act. It's physically impossible for you to act in good faith. That's your parents' failure, though. They failed to instill good values in you. So you turn into a lying, deceptive, trollish piece of shit adult because your parents had no idea what they were doing.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #362 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Notice this subtle goalpost shift...this goober wants to use fiscal years, not calendar years, to make an analysis.

Problem with that, Sparky, is that the Russia Tax Cut didn't start on the fiscal year, it started on the calendar year.

If we look at the fiscal year, we don't capture an entire year's worth of tax cut data because you start the fiscal year before the calendar year, and before the Russia Tax Cut took effect.

It's just a subtle goalpost shift from someone who is clearly insecure in their argument.

Your Russia Tax Cut didn't start on FY 2018, it started January 1st, 2018.

You debate in a very dishonest way, and you do it that way because you have acted in bad faith for so long, you don't know any other way to act. It's physically impossible for you to act in good faith. That's your parents' failure, though. They failed to instill good values in you. So you turn into a lying, deceptive, trollish piece of shit adult because your parents had no idea what they were doing.
    And that is where I will leave you, cupcake. Not defeated, but hopefully educated. You gave me some basic data and I did a rudimentary analysis of it using standard business/government methods. To the government, the 1st day of January is just another day when a puzzling number of employees call in hungover...er, I mean sick. April 1st is when they break out the fireworks, party hats, and champagne and sing auld lang syne! I never hear democrats talking about this, have you? They never bitch and moan that "tax receipts were down last year!, that and global warming will kill children!!" You know why they never say anything? Because they can't factually back it up. Because the standard is and has been for decades, the fiscal year. April has been the IRS FY since 1955, and most businesses choose that date(or October)too. Why, I don't know, I suspect it has something to do with alignment of fiscal quarters, when most businesses report earnings. So, April is coming up fast! Do you have any plans? Don't go crazy and spend your(slightly smaller)refund on parties! I want to take this opportunity to wish you and yours a very happy and prosperous new(fiscal)year!!! And next time, please leave my parents out of this, they were Kennedy democrats who had nothing to do with the fiscal policies of the United States, and would not recognize today's demoRAT party.

P.S. Real quick, take a look on those lovely spreadsheets you so graciously supplied to me. Look at the receipts for just the month of April for the past few years. Significantly LARGER than the other months, right? Why should be self-evident
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

3. #363 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And that is where I will leave you, cupcake. Not defeated, but hopefully educated. You gave me some basic data and I did a rudimentary analysis of it using standard business/government methods. To the government, the 1st day of January is just another day when a puzzling number of employees call in hungover...er, I mean sick. April 1st is when they break out the fireworks, party hats, and champagne and sing auld lang syne! I never hear democrats talking about this, have you? They never bitch and moan that "tax receipts were down last year!, that and global warming will kill children!!" You know why they never say anything? Because they can't factually back it up. Because the standard is and has been for decades, the fiscal year. April has been the IRS FY since 1955, and most businesses choose that date(or October)too. Why, I don't know, I suspect it has something to do with alignment of fiscal quarters, when most businesses report earnings. So, April is coming up fast! Do you have any plans? Don't go crazy and spend your(slightly smaller)refund on parties! I want to take this opportunity to wish you and yours a very happy and prosperous new(fiscal)year!!! And next time, please leave my parents out of this, they were Kennedy democrats who had nothing to do with the fiscal policies of the United States, and would not recognize today's demoRAT party.

P.S. Real quick, take a look on those lovely spreadsheets you so graciously supplied to me. Look at the receipts for just the month of April for the past few years. Significantly LARGER than the other months, right? Why should be self-evident
    Fact of the matter is that revenue for 2018 was below revenue for 2017.

That's solely because of your shitty Russia Tax Cut.

You promised that the Russia Tax Cut would result in increased economic activity, and that would be seen in increased revenues.

However, there weren't increased revenues. In fact, revenues for 2018 were below revenues for 2017.

So the central thesis of your fiscal belief system is that cutting taxes results in increased economic activity that offsets the revenue loss from the rate cut.

BUT THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN LAST YEAR.

So your central thesis is a load of horseshit.

And since that is horseshit, we must naturally assume everything else you say and believe is horseshit too.

4. #364 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LOL!

April is not the whole year, idiot.

You promised that cutting taxes would generate increased economic activity, leading to higher revenues.

But the data shows that 12 months of your shitty tax cut resulted in lower revenues than the year before.

So the central premise of your fiscal belief system is disproved by the empirical evidence shown in Treasury's statements.

You're trying to celebrate one month of high revenues while ignoring 11 months of lower ones.

That's because you are physically and mentally incapable of debating in good faith.

You're a rotten person, and it shows in your posts and the choices you make when you try to defend what is obviously a crock of shit.

We shouldn't be surprised because Conservatives are stupid people...after all, a reality TV show host conned you into voting for him.

5. #365 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LOL!

The federal government collects revenues year round, not just in April.

April's receipts are always going to be higher because that's the tax deadline.

You also moved the goalposts by trying to count fiscal years instead of calendar years, even though the policy you support started on the calendar year.

You simply cannot defend your belief system.

You argued that cutting taxes leads to increased economic activity, which leads to increased revenues.

However, revenues for 2018 are below 2017.

Which means cutting taxes didn't generate economic activity like you said it would.

So you bullshitted everyone.

Why? Why do you feel compelled to bullshit and lie your way through debates?

Simple; you learned those bad faith tactics from your shitty parents.

6. #366 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And next time, please leave my parents out of this, they were Kennedy democrats who had nothing to do with the fiscal policies of the United States, and would not recognize today's demoRAT party.
    Actually, today's Democratic Party bears more resemblance to the party of JFK and LBJ than it ever has.

And you can still be shitty parents and vote Democratic.

Also, why should I believe you when you said this about your parents? You've already lied about the Russia Tax Cut affecting your 2017 taxes.

So since you lied about that, why would you be telling the truth about your parents??

7. #367 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You gave me some basic data and I did a rudimentary analysis of it using standard business/government methods.
    No you didn't.

You saw the data, laid bare by Treasury's monthly statement accounting, totaled up the calendar year of 2017 and 2018, saw that 2017 had higher revenues, shit your pants, and then tried to shift the parameters of the debate so the policy you support looks better than it really does.

That's what you did, you total fucking fraud.

8. #368 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

To the government, the 1st day of January is just another day when a puzzling number of employees call in hungover...er, I mean sick
    So this has nothing to do with anything.

Your shitty Russia Tax Cut started January 1st, 2018.

It didn't start on the start of the Fiscal Year.

It didn't start on April 1st, 2018.

It started the first day of 2018.

So we can compare revenue collected for the year of 2018 vs. 2017, since the Russia Tax Cut started on January 1st, 2018.

So we compare revenues collected for the range of Jan-Nov for both years, and we see 2018 trails 2017 by $50B heading into December.

No matter how you look at it, revenues for 2018 -1 year of your Russia Tax Cut- were below revenues for 2017.

You promised the opposite would be the case.

So you made a false promise, or you lied.

9. #369 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They never bitch and moan that "tax receipts were down last year!, that and global warming will kill children!!"
    You promised there would be increased economic activity to offset the tax rate cuts, leading to increased revenue collected by the federal government.

BUT THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

So the central pillar of your fiscal and economic belief system -that cutting taxes leads to increased economic activity- IS HORSESHIT.

We know it's horseshit because we have the data of actual revenue collected by the federal government over 2018, and can compare it to what was collected in 2017.

2018 saw less revenue collected than 2017.

So your Russia Tax Cut didn't magically increase economic activity. It didn't increase wages. It didn't grow the market. It didn't lead to bonuses and benefits. All it did was lead to record stock buybacks.

So the promises you made of your fiscal and economic belief system are bullshit.

So since that's bullshit, it means that everything else you believe is probably bullshit too.

It's like the sweater song...I pull at a thread and the whole sweater unravels.

10. #370 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You know why they never say anything? Because they can't factually back it up.
    I did back it up, with Treasury's statements.

Those statements show less revenue collected in 2018 vs. 2017 because of the Russia Tax Cut.

You said that cutting taxes would lead to increased economic activity, which would lead to increased revenues.

But revenues decreased, so that means your central premise -that cutting taxes increases economic activity- is 100% bullshit.

So since that's bullshit, what else do you believe that is bullshit too?

11. #371 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Because the standard is and has been for decades, the fiscal yea
    Your shitty Russia Tax Cut didn't start on the Fiscal Year, it started on the Calendar Year.

So we can simply review the revenues collected over the calendar year and compare them to the revenues collected over the calendar year prior.

Doing so shows less revenue collected in 2018 vs. 2017.

You promised the opposite would be the case because you promised cutting taxes generates increased economic activity, and increased revenues from that activity.

So the central pillar to your belief system is horseshit.

So since that's horseshit, what other deeply held beliefs of yours are bullshit too?

12. #372 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

How are we still talking about the dolts who couldn't figure out how to determine their withholding situation?

13. #373 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

April has been the IRS FY since 1955, and most businesses choose that date(or October)too. Why, I don't know, I suspect it has something to do with alignment of fiscal quarters, when most businesses report earnings. So, April is coming up fast! Do you have any plans? Don't go crazy and spend your(slightly smaller)refund on parties! I want to take this opportunity to wish you and yours a very happy and prosperous new(fiscal)year!!!
    Look at this fucking coward try to explain away why his policy and deeply held zealotry beliefs in trickle down economics failed so miserably.

It's nothing to do with when the fiscal year starts. Your Russia Tax Cut didn't start on the Fiscal Year, it started on January 1st, 2018.

So this is an example of a Conservative shifting goalposts to abscond from a debate he lost.

And it wasn't a debate loss that he could recover from because his core fundamental fiscal and economic belief was disproved by the data and evidence.

Cutting taxes does not generate increased economic activity. If it did, revenues would not have decreased in 2018.

14. #374 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    How are we still talking about the dolts who couldn't figure out how to determine their withholding situation?
    Not sure that "you're too stupid to appreciate raising your tax liability" is a strong 2020 campaign message.

15. #375 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Not sure that "you're too stupid to appreciate raising your tax liability" is a strong 2020 campaign message.
    Then shout it from the rooftops. The fact is, intelligent people understand tax policy, so you'll simply be signaling that you fail to comprehend. LOL