Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: MILLIONS will be hit with TAXES due to UNDERPAYING for 2018 TAX CUT (TOLD YAH!)

1. #331 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    I’m not campaigning for anything, Snowflake
    You're trying to make the Russia Tax Cut sound better than it really was, and rather than take responsibility for getting hosed, you put it on those who got screwed.

That's why I said telling people that they're too stupid to appreciate the increased tax liability isn't a winning campaign message for 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Compare the gross income/tax paid percentage for 2017 and 2018. That is an exact method to determine whether your taxes increased or decreased.
    Why not just look at actual total revenues?

You're the one who said that the Russia Tax Cut would generate all this economic activity that would result in more revenues. Only, more revenues weren't collected in 2018 vs. 2017, less were.

So you can try to jump to some random metric, but the baseline remains; the Russia Tax Cut reduced revenues, so it didn't pay for itself like you all said it would.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #332 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Tkaffen View Post
    I didn’t know this was Mr. Wizard and you know millions didn’t benefit from the tax cuts. Wow
    I'm just going by what's been reported.

Average refunds are down 8%, and total federal revenue collected in 2018 is less than 2017.

So when you all said that the Russia Tax Cut would generate all this economic activity that would increase revenues, you were bullshitting.

Tax cuts don't increase revenues, they suppress them.

2017 revenues were higher than 2018 revenues.

So the increased economic activity didn't materialize because if it did, revenues would be up, not down.

3. #333 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Forbes wrote on 12/21/18 that low tax states led by Texas outpaced job growth in high tax states by 71%. That shoots your statement that high tax states subsidize low tax states
    Texas uses welfare from the block grant to close its budget gaps.

Texas is a welfare state because of that.

he tax cuts are found in your paycheck through lower employer withholding.orkers are paying lower taxes and also receive higher wages generated by a faster growing economy.
    So again, the "you're too stupid to appreciate that we raised your tax liability" isn't a strong message.

If they were to receive higher wages, wouldn't that mean that more federal revenue was collected?

Federal revenue for 2018 was less than 2017.

So people didn't get higher wages, did they? If they did, then revenue wouldn't be below 2017 levels, would it?

4. #334 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have never had a job from anyone who had no money.
    Most Americans are employed by businesses and when businesses do well the workers have a job and do well.
    The old tax code pushed businesses overseas and put workers in this country at a disadvantage.
    There are now more jobs than applicants. More job openings are a sign of a healthy economy one in which employees benefit.
    When unemployment is low businesses could be forced to pay higher wages, bonus and benefits to keep their employees.
    The new corporate tax rate makes America more competitive in the global economy.
    The new tax code didn't stop outsourcing or offshoring, so that's another lie.

The new tax code resulted in less revenues than the year before, and a higher deficit because of that.

The new tax code didn't do any of the things you claimed it would.

Market didn't grow in 2018. Real wages for most Americans stayed flat or declined. Federal revenue is less in 2018 than it was in 2017. Slowest pace of job growth since before Obama's second term.

The new corporate tax rate makes America more competitive in the global economy.
    How so? If the rate is still lower in other countries, then how did it make America "more competitive"?

All it did was result in record stock buybacks and lower federal revenue.

So your Russia Tax Cut expanded the deficit.

5. #335 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post

You got it! This wasn't and isn't partisan in the end. THIS IS ARITHMETIC!

I absolutely knew this was going to happen. I just had no idea to how many taxpayers.

(Did you click on the link? They included so many ganged TWITTER RESPONSES, this site couldn't accept and error'd out when I tried to post deeper into the article).
    My refund went up! Those who paid less got less back simple!

6. #336 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    no problem, Vlagalishche......
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

7. #337 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    I'm just going by what's been reported.

Average refunds are down 8%, and total federal revenue collected in 2018 is less than 2017.

So when you all said that the Russia Tax Cut would generate all this economic activity that would increase revenues, you were bullshitting.

Tax cuts don't increase revenues, they suppress them.

2017 revenues were higher than 2018 revenues.

So the increased economic activity didn't materialize because if it did, revenues would be up, not down.
    If the withholding was less, of course revenue to the government went down! Ie they are sending out smaller refunds, mine was bigger than last year!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

Earl (02-12-2019)

9. #338 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    If the withholding was less, of course revenue to the government went down! Ie they are sending out smaller refunds, mine was bigger than last year!
    Witholding doesn't change the amount of revenue collected, doofus.

And you're the ones who said this wouldn't happen; that the government would collect more revenue because of increased economic activity. That was false. You cut taxes and there wasn't a corresponding increase in economic activity that generated revenues to replace the ones you lost.

All you did was increase everyone's tax liability.

And I don't believe your personal anecdote.

10. #339 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    My refund went up! Those who paid less got less back simple!
    So you say...and that's great for you. But it's not just about you, and many more people saw their refunds decline or worse.

The promise was that the Russia Tax Cut would raise wages by $4K-$8K.
    The promise was that the Russia Tax Cut would pay for itself by increased economic activity.
    The promise was that the Russia Tax Cut would grow the market.
    The promise was that the Russia Tax Cut wouldn't lead to record stock buybacks and miniscule employee bonuses.
    The promise was that the Russia Tax Cut would stop outsourcing and offshoring.
    The promise was that the Russia Tax Cut would reduce the deficit.

All broken promises. Now, Conservatives have shifted their argument from the above to simply "I (pretend) got mine, and you're just too stupid to realize raising your tax liability is a good thing".

Clearly, that should be your campaign message for 2020.

11. #340 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

LV426 (02-12-2019)

13. #341 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why not just look at actual total revenues?

You're the one who said that the Russia Tax Cut would generate all this economic activity that would result in more revenues. Only, more revenues weren't collected in 2018 vs. 2017, less were.

So you can try to jump to some random metric, but the baseline remains; the Russia Tax Cut reduced revenues, so it didn't pay for itself like you all said it would.
    https://www.investors.com/politics/e...nues-deficits/

Collections from INDIVIDUAL income tax payers were up 14 billion bucks from 2017(remember, not all of the returns have been filed yet, either!)I know, I know...they're lying

Okay, definitely my last response(to you at least)unless you want to serve me anymore of your weak shit
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

14. #342 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    Collections from INDIVIDUAL income tax payers were up 14 billion bucks from 2017(remember, not all of the returns have been filed yet, either!)I know, I know...they're lying
    And once you factor that with inflation, you find a real decline.

Curious, what was the increase in individual tax revenue from 2016 vs. 2017?

For instance, was the increase in individual tax revenue greater from 2016 vs. 2017 or 2017 vs. 2018?

Show that growth in context.

Also, total federal revenues are lower in 2018 vs. 2017, and that's solely because of your Russia Tax Cut.

You promised it would generate all this increased economic activity that would result in more revenues.

But that didn't happen.

15. #343 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    Okay, definitely my last response(to you at least)unless you want to serve me anymore of your weak shit
    It's funny how you keep avoiding using actual Treasury Statements like these.

You try to send me on some wild goose chase because you're not secure in your own argument.

So you say individual collections were up $14B from 2017. So how much were 2017 individual collections up from 2016? Do you have that information? What is the context?

16. #344 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 35 Times in 34 Posts

Is it the same when Obama said we can keep our doctors or when he said our healthcare premiums would cost $2,500 less.
    I haven’t seen my check yet. Going out to the mailbox now.
    I thing it’s the same type of lie.

Let’s face it all these politicians come from the same mold.

17. #345 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So you say...and that's great for you. But it's not just about you, and many more people saw their refunds decline or worse.

The promise was that the Russia Tax Cut would raise wages by $4K-$8K.
    The promise was that the Russia Tax Cut would pay for itself by increased economic activity.
    The promise was that the Russia Tax Cut would grow the market.
    The promise was that the Russia Tax Cut wouldn't lead to record stock buybacks and miniscule employee bonuses.
    The promise was that the Russia Tax Cut would stop outsourcing and offshoring.
    The promise was that the Russia Tax Cut would reduce the deficit.

All broken promises. Now, Conservatives have shifted their argument from the above to simply "I (pretend) got mine, and you're just too stupid to realize raising your tax liability is a good thing".

Clearly, that should be your campaign message for 2020.
    Then they should pay attention to their withholding fool! The economy saw growth how could we not see revenue gain? Because people had less withheld!