Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 380

Thread: MILLIONS will be hit with TAXES due to UNDERPAYING for 2018 TAX CUT (TOLD YAH!)

  1. #301 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    19,167
    Thanks
    2,771
    Thanked 4,166 Times in 3,199 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 758 Times in 729 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    This is my last post to this dead horse thread. Something I realized though: You say that I am lying about my tax situation, but at the same time, you admit that YOUR tax situation changed during the same time frame. Are you lying? I also specifically remember pelousy saying that these tax cuts were "peanuts". My refund was $666. NOT peanuts to me. If your refund was lower by 8.4%, and you were counting on a refund of $5000, your refund was short $420. Is that peanuts to you?
    You lied about your 2017 taxes.

    Why?

    Because you lied about that, we can't trust in what you're saying now.
    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm no economics expert. In fact I'm pretty dumb on the topic.

  2. #302 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    13,021
    Thanks
    1,755
    Thanked 6,716 Times in 4,328 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 1,590 Times in 1,426 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default


  3. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

    LV426 (02-12-2019)

  4. #303 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    19,167
    Thanks
    2,771
    Thanked 4,166 Times in 3,199 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 758 Times in 729 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    This is my last post to this dead horse thread. Something I realized though: You say that I am lying about my tax situation, but at the same time, you admit that YOUR tax situation changed during the same time frame. Are you lying? I also specifically remember pelousy saying that these tax cuts were "peanuts". My refund was $666. NOT peanuts to me. If your refund was lower by 8.4%, and you were counting on a refund of $5000, your refund was short $420. Is that peanuts to you?
    You all said that the Russia Tax Cut would raise wages by $4K-$9K.

    So why did you lie about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm no economics expert. In fact I'm pretty dumb on the topic.

  5. #304 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    19,167
    Thanks
    2,771
    Thanked 4,166 Times in 3,199 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 758 Times in 729 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    This is my last post to this dead horse thread. Something I realized though: You say that I am lying about my tax situation, but at the same time, you admit that YOUR tax situation changed during the same time frame. Are you lying? I also specifically remember pelousy saying that these tax cuts were "peanuts". My refund was $666. NOT peanuts to me. If your refund was lower by 8.4%, and you were counting on a refund of $5000, your refund was short $420. Is that peanuts to you?
    You all said the Russia Tax Cut would pay for itself.

    Why did you lie about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm no economics expert. In fact I'm pretty dumb on the topic.

  6. #305 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    19,167
    Thanks
    2,771
    Thanked 4,166 Times in 3,199 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 758 Times in 729 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    This is my last post to this dead horse thread. Something I realized though: You say that I am lying about my tax situation, but at the same time, you admit that YOUR tax situation changed during the same time frame. Are you lying? I also specifically remember pelousy saying that these tax cuts were "peanuts". My refund was $666. NOT peanuts to me. If your refund was lower by 8.4%, and you were counting on a refund of $5000, your refund was short $420. Is that peanuts to you?
    You said the Russia Tax Cut would grow the market.

    Why did you lie about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm no economics expert. In fact I'm pretty dumb on the topic.

  7. #306 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    19,167
    Thanks
    2,771
    Thanked 4,166 Times in 3,199 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 758 Times in 729 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    This is my last post to this dead horse thread. Something I realized though: You say that I am lying about my tax situation, but at the same time, you admit that YOUR tax situation changed during the same time frame. Are you lying? I also specifically remember pelousy saying that these tax cuts were "peanuts". My refund was $666. NOT peanuts to me. If your refund was lower by 8.4%, and you were counting on a refund of $5000, your refund was short $420. Is that peanuts to you?
    You said the Russia Tax Cut would stop outsourcing and offshoring.

    Why did you lie about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm no economics expert. In fact I'm pretty dumb on the topic.

  8. #307 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    8,649
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 2,707 Times in 2,108 Posts
    Groans
    307
    Groaned 175 Times in 169 Posts

    Default

    Using refunds as a measure of whether or not individuals received tax relief is like using "saved jobs" as a marker for unemployment.

    It is stupid and has no rational logic to it at all.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mohamud Loves Bukkake For This Post:

    Earl (02-12-2019)

  10. #308 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    19,167
    Thanks
    2,771
    Thanked 4,166 Times in 3,199 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 758 Times in 729 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    This is my last post to this dead horse thread. Something I realized though: You say that I am lying about my tax situation, but at the same time, you admit that YOUR tax situation changed during the same time frame. Are you lying? I also specifically remember pelousy saying that these tax cuts were "peanuts". My refund was $666. NOT peanuts to me. If your refund was lower by 8.4%, and you were counting on a refund of $5000, your refund was short $420. Is that peanuts to you?
    You said the Russia Tax Cut would mean bigger bonuses and more benefits for workers.

    Why did you lie about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm no economics expert. In fact I'm pretty dumb on the topic.

  11. #309 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    14,082
    Thanks
    5,484
    Thanked 6,924 Times in 4,806 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 614 Times in 584 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    The ones with big fancy mortgages and blue state tax policy, yeah. People in states like mine with reasonable cost of living saw their taxes go down. We never used all our exemptions and settled for the standard deduction. Now we got to keep the tax amount on a doubled standard deduction. Woo hoo! For renters it's awesome. I just bought my house but I have no mortgage so no interest to deduct. And my taxes were a mere $2500 for the year on the house. I'll see another year where my tax liability is about the same. I am just one person do all the work for a business so the numbers are pretty small after expenses. I could easily hide income for which I don't receive a 1099, but I'm honest and I pay my share.
    Great. But many people taking the standard deduction are still paying more in taxes.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

  12. The Following User Groans At Althea For This Awful Post:

    Earl (02-12-2019)

  13. #310 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,087
    Thanks
    8,210
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 1,085 Posts
    Groans
    96
    Groaned 101 Times in 91 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Older statistics? huh? My stats come directly from the 2018 election.

    You have to lie in order for your argument to have credibility. Imagine that.
    WTF man! The results I posted were the first ones out, before everybody went to court and all the recounts and shit! Your default setting is always "accuse them of lying". Geez you must of had a fucked up childhood!
    "The left is entering a new phase of ideological agitation no longer trying to win the debate but stopping debate altogether, banishing from public discourse any and all opposition. The proper word for that attitude is totalitarian. It declares certain controversies over and visits serious consequences from social ostracism to vocational defenestration upon those who refuse to be silenced".-Charles Krauthammer




  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez For This Post:

    Earl (02-12-2019)

  15. #311 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    9,575
    Thanks
    1,603
    Thanked 5,521 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Groans
    451
    Groaned 405 Times in 385 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    This is my last post to this dead horse thread. Something I realized though: You say that I am lying about my tax situation, but at the same time, you admit that YOUR tax situation changed during the same time frame. Are you lying? I also specifically remember pelousy saying that these tax cuts were "peanuts". My refund was $666. NOT peanuts to me. If your refund was lower by 8.4%, and you were counting on a refund of $5000, your refund was short $420. Is that peanuts to you?
    Lol, what kind of moron sets their W-4 up, to have that much tax withheld? I'm sensing a bullshit story. I bet 99% of all these tweets going out about returns and whatnot, are just left wing sjws bullshiting everyone.
    Liberalism always generates the exact opposite of its stated intent

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:


  17. #312 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    8,990
    Thanks
    15,501
    Thanked 3,946 Times in 3,111 Posts
    Groans
    7,536
    Groaned 518 Times in 486 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Wolowitz View Post
    Using refunds as a measure of whether or not individuals received tax relief is like using "saved jobs" as a marker for unemployment.

    It is stupid and has no rational logic to it at all.
    Some of the liberals are saying that tax refunds are decreasing.

    I don’t want any tax refund. I don’t want to give the government an interest free loan for the entire year.

    The way to determine the results of the tax cuts is to look at the the percentage of gross income/taxes paid in 2017 and then 2018.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:


  19. #313 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    15,126
    Thanks
    2,040
    Thanked 6,565 Times in 4,528 Posts
    Groans
    87
    Groaned 1,003 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I'm looking at cutting a 20K check even after zero allowances. Thanks Trump.

    My stocks are up today though. So far.... Probably time for Trump to tweet-bash china and take away the days early gains.

  20. #314 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    19,167
    Thanks
    2,771
    Thanked 4,166 Times in 3,199 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 758 Times in 729 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    WTF man! The results I posted were the first ones out, before everybody went to court and all the recounts and shit! Your default setting is always "accuse them of lying". Geez you must of had a fucked up childhood!
    So the results you posted weren't the complete, certified results. You thought you could slip it past me because of your habit of engaging in purely bad faith tactics.

    It's just another iteration of you lying, like how you lied about the Russia Tax Cut affecting your 2017 taxes.

    Every casual lie you tell further strengthens my argument that you're acting in bad faith simply because you don't know any other way to act.
    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm no economics expert. In fact I'm pretty dumb on the topic.

  21. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

    Earl (02-12-2019)

  22. #315 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    19,167
    Thanks
    2,771
    Thanked 4,166 Times in 3,199 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 758 Times in 729 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Some of the liberals are saying that tax refunds are decreasing.

    I don’t want any tax refund. I don’t want to give the government an interest free loan for the entire year.

    The way to determine the results of the tax cuts is to look at the the percentage of gross income/taxes paid in 2017 and then 2018.
    "You're too stupid to appreciate we raised your tax liability" is not exactly a winning campaign message.
    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm no economics expert. In fact I'm pretty dumb on the topic.

  23. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

    Earl (02-12-2019)

Similar Threads

  1. Clintons Could Owe Taxes on Hundreds of Millions of Dollars
    By volsrock in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-14-2018, 03:47 PM
  2. Replies: 150
    Last Post: 10-13-2018, 12:06 PM
  3. Trump claims ‘millions and millions’ vote illegally in California
    By DonaldvoTrumpovich in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-06-2018, 03:47 PM
  4. the founders told us we can collect taxes so shut up
    By evince in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 12-26-2017, 03:03 PM
  5. We were told cutting payroll taxes would create jobs
    By I Love America in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2012, 06:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •