Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: MILLIONS will be hit with TAXES due to UNDERPAYING for 2018 TAX CUT (TOLD YAH!)

1. #256 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    When the fuck did I ever try to walk back my support for a tax cut?! I'm hoping for another one!
    You walk it back by trying to make the excuse that other people are just too dumb to appreciate you raising their tax liability.

This comes after lying about it affecting your 2017 taxes (it didn't take effect until 2018).
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #257 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Don't want a "lifeboat", didn't ask for one. And please...please, stick me with more "russian" tax cuts! I gladly accept all of the fallout from them, which is...tax cuts. BTW, you never answered my question about why you call this a russian tax cut. Russians don't have tax cuts
    The Russia Tax Cut resulted in less revenue collected in 2018 than 2017; so you lied when you said it would pay for itself.

The Russia Tax Cut was supposed to raise wages by $4K-$9K; so you lied when you said it would raise wages by that much.

The Russia Tax Cut was supposed to stop companies from outsourcing and offshoring; so you lied about that since companies are still outsourving and offshoring.

The Russia Tax Cut was supposed to provide for bonuses and benefits increases; so you lied about that since bonuses were $0.02 and no benefits were increased.

Rather than own up to that, you have chosen to make the argument that everyone else is too dumb to appreciate that you've raised most of their tax liabilities.

What are you guys gonna run on? Higher taxes? Good luck in 2020...you're gonna need it.
    A majority of people support a 70% bracket and a wealth tax, including a majority of Republicans.

Your Russia Tax Cut is less popular than Obamacare.

Also, if your Russia Tax Cut was so great, how come none of you ran on it in 2018?

3. #258 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    I told you how the burden went up, and I even used average numbers from past tax seasons to prove my point.

You're the ones who promised this would be all sunshine and rainbows, and now refunds are 8% smaller than last year.

You think people are dumb enough to believe that because you cut the marginal rate temporarily that your tax burden also was decreased. Or maybe you're dumb enough to believe it. Who knows? You said yourself that you hadn't done your taxes yet, so you don't even know what your liability actually is.
    I posted from the get go last year this was going to happen. Just wait. This wasn't rocket science. IT HAPPENED BEFORE! Bush's tax cuts 'we're 'giving' you your refund early' scheme was fairly paltry $300 for a single person or $600 for the average family. Remember? (They were were quasi-honest and called it a 'REBATE' but how many understood that?) Millions were surprised when they got nothing back or owed after that round.

This is bigger! They changed the deductions and exemptions. TRUMP promised over and over and over on AVERAGE $4000 SAVINGS PER HOUSEHOLD. Assuming they got $4000 savings throughout the year BUT eliminated many deductions and 'tinkered' with the exemptions THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!

The ONLY question is to how many! We will know before April 15. Maybe only the 'early filers' are mostly getting shocked and 'awed'. But my bet is on MILLIONS being surprised, pissed even OUTRAGED. Anyone wanna take bets?

Last edited by Centerleftfl; 02-11-2019 at 01:50 PM.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

LV426 (02-11-2019)

5. #259 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,563 Times in 17,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Fact is if you have done your taxes the last few years and got a refund, and now you have done nothing different and you are getting a smaller refund, you are not happy. You know what the Trump tas "cut" has actually done to your finances.

6. #260 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Fact is if you have done your taxes the last few years and got a refund, and now you have done nothing different and you are getting a smaller refund, you are not happy. You know what the Trump tas "cut" has actually done to your finances.
    if you aren't smart enough to know that its the Total Tax line instead of the Refund Due You line that matters, you probably shouldn't be doing your own taxes........

7. #261 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    I posted from the get go last year this was going to happen. Just wait. This wasn't rocket science. IT HAPPENED BEFORE! Bush's tax cuts 'we're 'giving' you your refund early' scheme was fairly paltry $300 for a single person or $600 for the average family. Remember? (They were were quasi-honest and called it a 'REBATE' but how many understood that?) Millions were surprised when they got nothing back or owed after that round.

This is bigger! They changed the deductions and exemptions. TRUMP promised over and over and over on AVERAGE $4000 SAVINGS PER HOUSEHOLD. Assuming they got $4000 savings throughout the year BUT eliminated many deductions and 'tinkered' with the exemptions THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!

The ONLY question is to how many! We will know before April 15. Maybe only the 'early filers' are mostly getting shocked and 'awed'. But my bet is on MILLIONS being surprised, pissed even OUTRAGED. Anyone wanna take bets?

When Obama did it in 2009 you called it the "Obama Tax Cut".......

8. #262 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    When Obama did it in 2009 you called it the "Obama Tax Cut".......
    WTF are you babbling about?

Do you mean the ARRA?

9. #263 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

LV426 (02-11-2019)

11. #264 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

LV426;2881966]The Russia Tax Cut resulted in less revenue collected in 2018 than 2017; so you lied when you said it would pay for itself.

The Russia Tax Cut was supposed to raise wages by $4K-$9K; so you lied when you said it would raise wages by that much.

The Russia Tax Cut was supposed to stop companies from outsourcing and offshoring; so you lied about that since companies are still outsourving and offshoring.

The Russia Tax Cut was supposed to provide for bonuses and benefits increases; so you lied about that since bonuses were $0.02 and no benefits were increased.

Rather than own up to that, you have chosen to make the argument that everyone else is too dumb to appreciate that you've raised most of their tax liabilities.
    This is pretty damn funny. In your last post you said that I lied about the "Russian" tax cut having an affect on my 2017 taxes, because the "Russian" tax cut hasn't taken effect yet, but now you're saying none of this good stuff happened! Of course not! How could any of this stuff happen if the "Russian" tax cut has not even happened yet!? Are you trying to create some kind of tear in the space/time continuum?

A majority of people support a 70% bracket and a wealth tax, including a majority of Republicans
    "majority" is kind of a synonym for "mob" as far as I'm concerned, and mob rule is kind of a synonym for the democrat party. And I'll bet you a 3 month ban that you don't want a 70% bracket or wealth tax imposed on YOU, do you? Also, I'm not a republican, I'm a conservative and I vote the most conservative candidates and policies I can get. Just so happens most of them are republican.
    Your Russia Tax Cut is less popular than Obamacare.
    I'm sure it is, with you loony tunes on the left

Still puzzling out why you call it a "russian" tax cut? It's okay, I'll wait

Also, if your Russia Tax Cut was so great, how come none of you ran on it in 2018?
    Something you might want to think about here:
    1) The president's party traditionally loses seats in congress in midterms(probably in part because the mob doesn't have to deal with the electoral college)
    2) The GOP only lost 33 house seats, and GAINED in the senate. Do not crow too loudly
    3) You have no idea what the GOP ran on last year
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

12. #265 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This is pretty damn funny. In your last post you said that I lied about the "Russian" tax cut having an affect on my 2017 taxes, because the "Russian" tax cut hasn't taken effect yet, but now you're saying none of this good stuff happened!
    Exactly. You lied before, and now you're trying to lie again. You did it because you are a compulsive liar...you cannot help yourself from lying because you've lived so much of your life as a lie that you simply don't know what it is to tell the truth.

So you lie about the Russia Tax Cut making your 2017 taxes better, even though the Russia Tax Cut didn't start until 2018 and didn't affect 2017 taxes.

So that was a lie that serves as the thread by which we unravel the rest of your beliefs.

13. #266 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

How could any of this stuff happen if the "Russian" tax cut has not even happened yet!? Are you trying to create some kind of tear in the space/time continuum
    You said the Russia Tax Cut made your 2017 taxes better.

That was a lie because the Russia Tax Cut didn't take effect until 2018.

So since you lied about that, what else are you lying about?

14. #267 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"majority" is kind of a synonym for "mob" as far as I'm concerned, and mob rule is kind of a synonym for the democrat party. And I'll bet you a 3 month ban that you don't want a 70% bracket or wealth tax imposed on YOU, do you? Also, I'm not a republican, I'm a conservative and I vote the most conservative candidates and policies I can get. Just so happens most of them are republican.
    I don't make over $10M a year, so a 70% rate on income over that doesn't affect me, and probably won't.

I don't fancy myself a temporarily embarrassed millionaire.

And even if I was a millionaire, I would support that higher rate because it's what we had for decades before, when the middle class was built.

15. #268 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm sure it is, with you loony tunes on the left
    Still puzzling out why you call it a "russian" tax cut? It's okay, I'll wait
    Because it was passed by a Congress that Russia paid to elect, and signed by a President Russia installed.

16. #269 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Also, I'm not a republican, I'm a conservative and I vote the most conservative candidates and policies I can get. Just so happens most of them are republican
    Republican = Conservative = Teabag = Klansmen

Same shit, different polish.

And why are you a Conservative anyway? You don't even know. It's not because their economics or fiscal platform has any merit...you're just in it for the bigotry and hatred, aren't you?

17. #270 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Democrats want to raise our taxes, Democrats are not for doing whatever it takes to secure our southern border, Democrats are for late term, real late term abortions evidently, democrats think we can do away with air travel, and become 100% green with no effect on the economy

the laugh track just keeps rolling down the track

Pocohontas, Kamala Harris, Corey Booker, joe biden

keep um coming
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Getin the ring For This Post:

Callinectes (02-11-2019)