Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Offensive black face?

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 610 Times in 560 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    No, But I did not claim he did. I do not make unsubstantiated claims.
    Grand dragons of the clan are hardly disputed by any honest folk as to have been the ring leaders in lynching of blacks. That's not "UNSUBSTANTIATED," it's pure fact!!! Deny as you will!!!
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    No . He acted in movies and performed on stage in front of WHITE people. That was in the days that blacks were not allowed in white clubs and picture shows. It was the days of segregation. Do you ever tell the truth or simply deny and lie ?
    I understand you have no knowledge base . But you are again, flat out wrong. Cartoonish and insulting. https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/a...se=al%20jolson
    Insulting because????? If black face is the definition of insulting then it must be something evil or nasty to have a black face. Having a black face must be a face to be ashamed of? Why would Jolson ware a face to be ashamed of? Why did Jolson sing the old negro's ballots, because he hated them and blacks? Jolson was singing those old negro songs because he watched the negroes sing them in their clubs and on the streets. He wanted whites to realize the talent and beauty of old negro music.
    Last edited by Robo; 02-11-2019 at 01:31 PM.
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    Insulting because????? If black face is the definition of insulting then it must be something evil or nasty to have a black face. Having a black face must be a face to be ashamed of? Why would Jolson ware a face to be ashamed of? Why did Jolson sing the old negro's ballots, because he hated them and blacks? Jolson was singing those old negro songs because he watched the negroes sing them in their clubs and on the streets. He wanted whites to realize the talent and beauty of old negro music.
    Wow are you daft. If they wanted to see the negros singing, they could have simply put them on stage. Ever think about that? And why didnt they? Because they were discriminating against them. They were not allowed to act and sing in white shows. That is why they had black areas with shows and bars that were completely SEPARATED from white people. You apparently have no understanding of America before the 80s. It was called segregation. It was wrong .cruel and hurtful to the blacks.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

The walk? You mean the lowest black unemployment rate in history? Or are you indicating the gang shootings in the black ghettos governed by the Democrats?
    Damn, those Democrats really fucked up Sub-Sahara Africa.

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Wow are you daft.
    Wow! You just can’t communicate with folks that don’t agree with you without a snarling stupid juvenile insult can you Nordi?

If they wanted to see the negros singing, they could have simply put them on stage. Ever think about that?
    But as you noted those were the days of segregation. Al found a way to bring the black musical talents to the white population with BLACK FACE, and your outrage and determination that was insulting is backed up by what? Your fake concern for black feelings? The leftist absurd phony anti-racism scam?

And why didnt they? Because they were discriminating against them.
    And your claiming that Al Jolson’s black face was discrimination, right? Apparently Al wasn’t discriminating against anybody, he was PROMOTING BLACK MUSIC, Huh Nordi? It’s time you stopped the pretending your phony racist outrage Nordi. Your arguments don’t muster up to logic and reality.

They were not allowed to act and sing in white shows.
    Al was!!! He brought black talents and music to the white audiences, promoting its pure entertainment value. He was among the first BLACK entertainers in white entertainment establishments. And your outrage and imagined insult by that is where/what?

That is why they had black areas with shows and bars that were completely SEPARATED from white people. You apparently have no understanding of America before the 80s. It was called segregation. It was wrong .cruel and hurtful to the blacks.
    I’m 82 years old friend! I lived through segregation. Unless you’re 83 or more, I’ve seen more than you and even experienced more than you.

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wow! You just can’t communicate with folks that don’t agree with you without a snarling stupid juvenile insult can you Nordi?

But as you noted those were the days of segregation. Al found a way to bring the black musical talents to the white population with BLACK FACE, and your outrage and determination that was insulting is backed up by what? Your fake concern for black feelings? The leftist absurd phony anti-racism scam?

And your claiming that Al Jolson’s black face was discrimination, right? Apparently Al wasn’t discriminating against anybody, he was PROMOTING BLACK MUSIC, Huh Nordi? It’s time you stopped the pretending your phony racist outrage Nordi. Your arguments don’t muster up to logic and reality.

Al was!!! He brought black talents and music to the white audiences, promoting its pure entertainment value. He was among the first BLACK entertainers in white entertainment establishments. And your outrage and imagined insult by that is where/what?

I’m 82 years old friend! I lived through segregation. Unless you’re 83 or more, I’ve seen more than you and even experienced more than you.
    You lived through segregation? Were you the victim of segregation or just watch it as a white person? If it’s the latter, you should just shut the fuck up asshole, because you have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,077 Times in 7,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

But he do have a "perspective" what do you have besides insults and unfounded accusations?????
    "...he do have a perspective."

What I have in addition to well-directed insults and totally well-founded accusations is an ability to write as though I'm not writing dialog for the Amos and Andy shoe.

8. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    You lived through segregation? Were you the victim of segregation or just watch it as a white person? If it’s the latter, you should just shut the fuck up asshole, because you have no fucking idea what you are talking about.
    I watched it and was appalled!!! I watched "ROOTS" and agreed and believed every second of it, because I SAW IT!!! I have a perfect IDEA about it!!! I know that all black face isn't meant to be insulting to blacks. I know some black face was to promote black music and to expose the black horrendous condition during segregation and Jim Crow days through motion pictures and Broadway and other plays. I know today's black face outrage, when acted out by white democrats is phony outrage designed to perpetuated identity partisan politics and trash white conservatives as the black's worst nightmare.

9. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    "...he do have a perspective."

What I have in addition to well-directed insults and totally well-founded accusations is an ability to write as though I'm not writing dialog for the Amos and Andy shoe.
    You coulda fooled me!!! I never read anything rational or well-founded written by you!!!