Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Offensive black face?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 610 Times in 560 Posts

Default Offensive black face?

If it’s sooooo highly offensive for white folks to put on black face when they’re 20, then why wasn’t it sooooo highly offensive when Michael Jackson put on white face when he was 20?
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,555 Times in 17,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

What a stupid post.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-10-2019)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    What a stupid post.
    Because?
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    If it’s sooooo highly offensive for white folks to put on black face when they’re 20, then why wasn’t it sooooo highly offensive when Michael Jackson put on white face when he was 20?

Why ask WHY?

The best way for you to educate yourself, is to Walk-the-Walk rather than Talk-the-Talk.

Let us know how it works out for you.
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    Why ask WHY?

The best way for you to educate yourself, is to Walk-the-Walk rather than Talk-the-Talk.

The walk? You mean the lowest black unemployment rate in history? Or are you indicating the gang shootings in the black ghettos governed by the Democrats?

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If black face is soooo offensive to blacks, then they must be ashamed of their color? They must all want to be white like Michael Jackson? Maybe that's why they call each other niggers? Maybe they can't take a joke unless a black is joking huh?

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The walk? You mean the lowest black unemployment rate in history? Or are you indicating the gang shootings in the black ghettos governed by the Democrats?

Yea ... good idea, change the subject

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,519 Times in 11,562 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    Why ask WHY?

WRONG! The best way to understand racism in this country is to have lived through it's institutionalized period. I grew up with separate water fountains, rest rooms, separated eating areas, blacks sitting in the back of the bus. That sport was racism, while we still have isolated racist incidences it can't compare to the 40's, 50's and 60's. This hoopla today is just a bunch of thin skinned reactionaries wanting to have their 60 seconds of fame nothing more.

Is there more that needs to be done? Of course but until man becomes color blind there will always be some racism.

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

When I ask a question that is inconvenient for lefties, I like to try to predict which specific evasion technique they will likely use. I know they are going to dodge, divert, invert, ignore, redefine, or otherwise evade answering with an answer that demonstrates that they have read and understand the opening post, so I like to try and guess which one they will use.

There is no good reason why it is only offensive for whites to where blackface while blacks are free to wear whiteface, and there is no good reason why my spellchecker underlines whiteface in red but does not underline blackface. Lefties cannot provide a good reason for this, so they will evade answering.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    WRONG! The best way to understand racism in this country is to have lived through it's institutionalized period. I grew up with separate water fountains, rest rooms, separated eating areas, blacks sitting in the back of the bus. That sport was racism, while we still have isolated racist incidences it can't compare to the 40's, 50's and 60's. This hoopla today is just a bunch of thin skinned reactionaries wanting to have their 60 seconds of fame nothing more.

Is there more that needs to be done? Of course but until man becomes color blind there will always be some racism.

Glad I wasn't living through that ... but I did grow up during the 60s ... and my father was a Militant type, that didn't take anyone shit type of Father, and he learned that from my Grandfather. So kinda grew up being the one who handed out headaches, rather than getting them. That's why I was always trouble in Catholic Grade School ... NO Nun was ever going slap me with a Ruler without getting a call from my Father. He would always say, I'm the only one who hands out the punishments.

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    When I ask a question that is inconvenient for lefties, I like to try to predict which specific evasion technique they will likely use. I know they are going to dodge, divert, invert, ignore, redefine, or otherwise evade answering with an answer that demonstrates that they have read and understand the opening post, so I like to try and guess which one they will use.

There is no good reason why it is only offensive for whites to where blackface while blacks are free to wear whiteface, and there is no good reason why my spellchecker underlines whiteface in red but does not underline blackface. Lefties cannot provide a good reason for this, so they will evade answering.

I'm confused ... who the hell wares White Face to offend White People ... ?

Why do you people always need to fine a Whadaout story ... just own it like a Man and move on.

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Jackson never put on "white face".
    Every life matters

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Thanks for picking that up where I left it in the first thread on this subject! I mentioned it as a joke- and it was a really bad joke at that! I'll admit!

Michael Jackson butchered up himself so badly with the 100's of silly crazy plastic surgeries, that he had to cover it all up with Make-up!

Now why he chose Geisha Girl makeup is anybody's guess! I mean we are talking about Michael Jackson here! LOL!

15. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,614 Times in 21,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

I believe black people when they say black face is offensive, but I do not understand why it is so offensive unless its done in a disrespectful way, I would like someone to explain it to me....

I understand why the photo in the NC governors year book is offensive, because it lampoons a black face... but just dressing up like a person who is black is not in and of itself offensive. Maybe I am missing a historical perspective.

In a way I might consider it a complement for people to emulate me.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

16. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I believe black people when they say black face is offensive, but I do not understand why it is so offensive unless its done in a disrespectful way, I would like someone to explain it to me....

I understand why the photo in the NC governors year book is offensive, because it lampoons a black face... but just dressing up like a person who is black is not in and of itself offensive. Maybe I am missing a historical perspective.

In a way I might consider it a complement for people to emulate me.
    All good points! However, allow me to ask you- Do you think Al Jolson was good or bad for Hollywood or Broadway?

I mean if you do, don't you think Black People are better at being Black People than White People with Blackface?

Why didn't Hollywood and Broadway just use Black people instead of all the Blackface- in the first place?

Do you not think Black People asked this question long ago?

All at a time when Blacks had to sit in the Balcony?