Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 99

Thread: Offensive black face?

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7,088
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 1,497 Times in 1,279 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 584 Times in 538 Posts

    Default Offensive black face?

    If it’s sooooo highly offensive for white folks to put on black face when they’re 20, then why wasn’t it sooooo highly offensive when Michael Jackson put on white face when he was 20?
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

  2. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    15,676
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 7,542 Times in 5,126 Posts
    Groans
    2,859
    Groaned 1,514 Times in 1,412 Posts

    Default

    What a stupid post.

  3. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7,088
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 1,497 Times in 1,279 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 584 Times in 538 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    What a stupid post.
    Because?
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

  4. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    17,994
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 10,463 Times in 6,460 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 234 Times in 215 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    If it’s sooooo highly offensive for white folks to put on black face when they’re 20, then why wasn’t it sooooo highly offensive when Michael Jackson put on white face when he was 20?

    Why ask WHY?

    The best way for you to educate yourself, is to Walk-the-Walk rather than Talk-the-Talk.

    Let us know how it works out for you.
    Trump isn't our 45th American president; he's our 1st Russian one.

    Remember this on Tuesday November 3rd, 2020

  5. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7,088
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 1,497 Times in 1,279 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 584 Times in 538 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    Why ask WHY?

    The best way for you to educate yourself, is to Walk-the-Walk rather than Talk-the-Talk.

    Let us know how it works out for you.
    The walk? You mean the lowest black unemployment rate in history? Or are you indicating the gang shootings in the black ghettos governed by the Democrats?
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

  6. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    7,088
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 1,497 Times in 1,279 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 584 Times in 538 Posts

    Default

    If black face is soooo offensive to blacks, then they must be ashamed of their color? They must all want to be white like Michael Jackson? Maybe that's why they call each other niggers? Maybe they can't take a joke unless a black is joking huh?
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

  7. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    17,994
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 10,463 Times in 6,460 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 234 Times in 215 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    The walk? You mean the lowest black unemployment rate in history? Or are you indicating the gang shootings in the black ghettos governed by the Democrats?

    Yea ... good idea, change the subject
    Trump isn't our 45th American president; he's our 1st Russian one.

    Remember this on Tuesday November 3rd, 2020

  8. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hooterville by the sea
    Posts
    7,605
    Thanks
    1,127
    Thanked 3,361 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Groans
    900
    Groaned 202 Times in 191 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    Why ask WHY?

    The best way for you to educate yourself, is to Walk-the-Walk rather than Talk-the-Talk.

    Let us know how it works out for you.
    WRONG! The best way to understand racism in this country is to have lived through it's institutionalized period. I grew up with separate water fountains, rest rooms, separated eating areas, blacks sitting in the back of the bus. That sport was racism, while we still have isolated racist incidences it can't compare to the 40's, 50's and 60's. This hoopla today is just a bunch of thin skinned reactionaries wanting to have their 60 seconds of fame nothing more.

    Is there more that needs to be done? Of course but until man becomes color blind there will always be some racism.

  9. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    590
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 951 Posts
    Groans
    55
    Groaned 189 Times in 175 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    If it’s sooooo highly offensive for white folks to put on black face when they’re 20, then why wasn’t it sooooo highly offensive when Michael Jackson put on white face when he was 20?
    When I ask a question that is inconvenient for lefties, I like to try to predict which specific evasion technique they will likely use. I know they are going to dodge, divert, invert, ignore, redefine, or otherwise evade answering with an answer that demonstrates that they have read and understand the opening post, so I like to try and guess which one they will use.

    There is no good reason why it is only offensive for whites to where blackface while blacks are free to wear whiteface, and there is no good reason why my spellchecker underlines whiteface in red but does not underline blackface. Lefties cannot provide a good reason for this, so they will evade answering.
    It is hereby ORDERED, ADJUDGED and DECREED that in
    consideration of their affirmative assumption of responsibility
    contained in part III herein, the complaint against Fred C.
    Trump and Donald J. Trump is dismissed against them in their
    personal capacity, with prejudice, as to all allegations
    contained therein, and predating this Order.

  10. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    17,994
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 10,463 Times in 6,460 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 234 Times in 215 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    WRONG! The best way to understand racism in this country is to have lived through it's institutionalized period. I grew up with separate water fountains, rest rooms, separated eating areas, blacks sitting in the back of the bus. That sport was racism, while we still have isolated racist incidences it can't compare to the 40's, 50's and 60's. This hoopla today is just a bunch of thin skinned reactionaries wanting to have their 60 seconds of fame nothing more.

    Is there more that needs to be done? Of course but until man becomes color blind there will always be some racism.

    Glad I wasn't living through that ... but I did grow up during the 60s ... and my father was a Militant type, that didn't take anyone shit type of Father, and he learned that from my Grandfather. So kinda grew up being the one who handed out headaches, rather than getting them. That's why I was always trouble in Catholic Grade School ... NO Nun was ever going slap me with a Ruler without getting a call from my Father. He would always say, I'm the only one who hands out the punishments.
    Trump isn't our 45th American president; he's our 1st Russian one.

    Remember this on Tuesday November 3rd, 2020

  11. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    17,994
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 10,463 Times in 6,460 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 234 Times in 215 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    When I ask a question that is inconvenient for lefties, I like to try to predict which specific evasion technique they will likely use. I know they are going to dodge, divert, invert, ignore, redefine, or otherwise evade answering with an answer that demonstrates that they have read and understand the opening post, so I like to try and guess which one they will use.

    There is no good reason why it is only offensive for whites to where blackface while blacks are free to wear whiteface, and there is no good reason why my spellchecker underlines whiteface in red but does not underline blackface. Lefties cannot provide a good reason for this, so they will evade answering.

    I'm confused ... who the hell wares White Face to offend White People ... ?

    Why do you people always need to fine a Whadaout story ... just own it like a Man and move on.
    Trump isn't our 45th American president; he's our 1st Russian one.

    Remember this on Tuesday November 3rd, 2020

  12. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    7,479
    Thanks
    1,226
    Thanked 4,006 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Groans
    379
    Groaned 350 Times in 333 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    If it’s sooooo highly offensive for white folks to put on black face when they’re 20, then why wasn’t it sooooo highly offensive when Michael Jackson put on white face when he was 20?
    Jackson never put on "white face".
    Liberalism always generates the exact opposite of its stated intent

  13. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4,033
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked 1,737 Times in 1,204 Posts
    Groans
    138
    Groaned 211 Times in 197 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    If it’s sooooo highly offensive for white folks to put on black face when they’re 20, then why wasn’t it sooooo highly offensive when Michael Jackson put on white face when he was 20?
    Thanks for picking that up where I left it in the first thread on this subject! I mentioned it as a joke- and it was a really bad joke at that! I'll admit!

    Michael Jackson butchered up himself so badly with the 100's of silly crazy plastic surgeries, that he had to cover it all up with Make-up!

    Now why he chose Geisha Girl makeup is anybody's guess! I mean we are talking about Michael Jackson here! LOL!

  14. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    54,530
    Thanks
    3,832
    Thanked 13,715 Times in 9,384 Posts
    Groans
    240
    Groaned 1,506 Times in 1,401 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I believe black people when they say black face is offensive, but I do not understand why it is so offensive unless its done in a disrespectful way, I would like someone to explain it to me....

    I understand why the photo in the NC governors year book is offensive, because it lampoons a black face... but just dressing up like a person who is black is not in and of itself offensive. Maybe I am missing a historical perspective.

    In a way I might consider it a complement for people to emulate me.
    4,487

    Liberals... if you want to read something funny... https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...arah-Barracuda

    "The Government will not be open until we have a wall" - DJT

    January 11, 2016 - “I have no deals in Russia, I have no deals that could have been in Russia.”

  15. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4,033
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked 1,737 Times in 1,204 Posts
    Groans
    138
    Groaned 211 Times in 197 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I believe black people when they say black face is offensive, but I do not understand why it is so offensive unless its done in a disrespectful way, I would like someone to explain it to me....

    I understand why the photo in the NC governors year book is offensive, because it lampoons a black face... but just dressing up like a person who is black is not in and of itself offensive. Maybe I am missing a historical perspective.

    In a way I might consider it a complement for people to emulate me.
    All good points! However, allow me to ask you- Do you think Al Jolson was good or bad for Hollywood or Broadway?

    I mean if you do, don't you think Black People are better at being Black People than White People with Blackface?

    Why didn't Hollywood and Broadway just use Black people instead of all the Blackface- in the first place?

    Do you not think Black People asked this question long ago?

    All at a time when Blacks had to sit in the Balcony?

Similar Threads

  1. Virginia R niw has black face
    By evince in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 02-14-2019, 04:47 PM
  2. Black America, Face the Facts on Illegal Immigration
    By tsuke in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2018, 12:59 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-30-2016, 05:55 AM
  4. The racism we face today! Black against white.
    By patriot66 in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 12:19 PM
  5. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-20-2014, 01:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •