Members banned from this thread: Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Wolverine, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, Evmetro, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, Joe Capitalist, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Yurt, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke and Bobb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Admitting The News Is Actually Real Part of President Trump's New Bipartisan Era

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    LOL! What if CNN actually admitted that they constantly torture, twist, and slather the semantics on everything Trump says or does until there's no WAY you can tell if it's real news or not? And CNN ain't the only snakes out there. If I want political news, I listen to what the President or his spokespeople say. He's a plain spoken guy and he's easy to understand without going through a bunch of talking heads that hate him.
    Do you have a concrete example of what you are accusing CNN of, or just full of shit as usual.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez,

LOL! What if CNN actually admitted that they constantly torture, twist, and slather the semantics on everything Trump says or does until there's no WAY you can tell if it's real news or not?
    I have no problem discerning that everything CNN reports is real. And I trust that if they mistakenly aired something that turned out to be incorrect that they would do a retraction.

And CNN ain't the only snakes out there. If I want political news, I listen to what the President or his spokespeople say. He's a plain spoken guy and he's easy to understand without going through a bunch of talking heads that hate him.
    President Trump lies so much it is safe to simply assume everything he says is a lie until verified. That's why nobody is taking him seriously after his glowing SOTU speech. He really sounded good. Sounds like he is acting more like a seasoned slick politician. And that makes sense. He is a slick-talking con man from way back. That speech was really well written, and it appeared he mostly stayed on script (for a change.) But how can we take him at his word that he wants a new era of bipartisanship when he lied in the same speech?

"Trump: “I want people to come into our country in the largest numbers ever, but they have to come in legally.”

Rating: FALSE

Context: Last fall Trump set the lowest cap in the history of the refugee admission program -- permitting just 30,000 a year. In former President Barack Obama's last year in office he proposed a cap of 110,000 amid the height of the crisis in Syria. In fiscal year 2017, the Trump administration allowed the second fewest refugees ever.

Trump also won a battle in the Supreme Court to restrict all forms of travel and immigration from seven countries, five of which have Muslim majority populations. Just last week, the administration began selectively enforcing a new policy at the southern border that requires migrants seeking asylum to wait in Mexico while their applications are processed. He has also called for the elimination of the diversity visa program, which typically awards up to 50,000 immigration visas each year. "

Fact Checking The President

Oh, let me guess. You think the above documented LIE is 'fake news.'

Do you really think he has allowed more legal immigration than ever before? Just because President Trump SAID so as "a plain spoken guy and he's easy to understand without going through a bunch of talking heads that hate him?"
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Tranquillus in Exile (02-08-2019)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,092 Times in 25,663 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    You forgot the MOTHER of all bullshit investigations. I have zero idea if the first is an ADOBESHOPPED sign or not. The SCREEN GRAB from FOX and it's site are not...

It's real, not photoshopped. I actually saw one a few years ago when Obama was still in office.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

I have no problem discerning that everything CNN reports is real. And I trust that if they mistakenly aired something that turned out to be incorrect that they would do a retraction.

President Trump lies so much it is safe to simply assume everything he says is a lie until verified. That's why nobody is taking him seriously after his glowing SOTU speech. He really sounded good. Sounds like he is acting more like a seasoned slick politician. And that makes sense. He is a slick-talking con man from way back. That speech was really well written, and it appeared he mostly stayed on script (for a change.) But how can we take him at his word that he wants a new era of bipartisanship when he lied in the same speech?

"Trump: “I want people to come into our country in the largest numbers ever, but they have to come in legally.”

Context: Last fall Trump set the lowest cap in the history of the refugee admission program -- permitting just 30,000 a year. In former President Barack Obama's last year in office he proposed a cap of 110,000 amid the height of the crisis in Syria. In fiscal year 2017, the Trump administration allowed the second fewest refugees ever.

Trump also won a battle in the Supreme Court to restrict all forms of travel and immigration from seven countries, five of which have Muslim majority populations. Just last week, the administration began selectively enforcing a new policy at the southern border that requires migrants seeking asylum to wait in Mexico while their applications are processed. He has also called for the elimination of the diversity visa program, which typically awards up to 50,000 immigration visas each year. "

Oh, let me guess. You think the above documented LIE is 'fake news.'

Do you really think he has allowed more legal immigration than ever before? Just because President Trump SAID so as "a plain spoken guy and he's easy to understand without going through a bunch of talking heads that hate him?"
    That’s a bad example to use to prove he’s “lying”. Have you ever been to a citizen swearing in ceremony? It’s pretty damn awesome. These new Americans probably know more American history than either of us, and have worked very hard to become citizens. The “legal” immigration you speak of is nothing more than throwing open the gate and letting in the undocumented democrats. So no, He’s not lying when he says he wants as much legal immigration as possible. You just have 500 definitions of “legal”
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Under President Trump's new 'era of bipartisanship,' the media is completely free to report anything they like about him; - as long as it is favorable!
    You used the words ‘media’, ‘favorable’ and ‘Trump’ all in the same sentence lol.

The media bias against this president is unprecedented.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Callinectes (02-08-2019)

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

That’s a bad example to use to prove he’s “lying”. Have you ever been to a citizen swearing in ceremony? It’s pretty damn awesome. These new Americans probably know more American history than either of us, and have worked very hard to become citizens. The “legal” immigration you speak of is nothing more than throwing open the gate and letting in the undocumented democrats. So no, He’s not lying when he says he wants as much legal immigration as possible. You just have 500 definitions of “legal”
    You totally side-stepped my excellent point.

That's how I know I hit a bulls eye.

All you can come back with is whataboutism.

Just because you want to cover your eyes when this is presented, here is my excellent point again for your viewing pleasure:

" How can we take President Trump at his word that he wants a new era of bipartisanship when he straight up lied in the very same speech?

Oh, let me guess. You think the above documented LIE is 'fake news.' "

We can only guess what you think about that because you totally side-stepped away from that one. It is a pretty blatant lie. It's kind of hard to try to claim the President told the truth there. I can't blame you for the whataboutism and trying to change the subject. You can SAY it's a bad example of his lying but you can't SHOW US WHY. Babbling on about a swearing in ceremony doesn't even ADDRESS The POINT. It's whataboutism. You can fool all the people some of the time and you can fool yourself all you want. You're not fooling me.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Tranquillus in Exile (02-08-2019)

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Hi Politalker,

Is Admitting The News Is Actually Real Part of President Trump's New Bipartisan Era?
    Is admitting that some of the news is extremely biased and intentionality misleading going to be forthcoming from the left?

Any bipartisan State has to have freedom of the press. That must certainly include investigative journalism and criticism of elected officials.
    Agreed. The media also needs to be unbiased, acting as an impartial "umpire" so to speak. But the current media tends to consistently bash one side (Republicans) while playing defense for the other (Democrats).

A well informed populace is essential to the survival of a self-governed State.
    Again, I agree in principle, but the current biased media does not produce an informed populace. They only give one side of the story.

Is the news media no longer 'the enemy of the State?'
    Typical distortion of what Trump said. Your side basically has no argument without misconstruing Trump's words. The fake news media (not the news media) is the enemy of the state. A biased media that refuses to report honestly and give equal treatment to both sides does not allow a free debate of ideas. They clearly have an agenda. Journalists should be presenting the facts and letting the audience draw their own conclusions.

That's what embracing bipartisanship means.

So far, he has only talked about what Democrats should give up.

What is President Trump prepared to give up?
    Trump has offered to compromise repeatedly. Nancy Pelosi refuses to negotiate. Democrats seem to believe their best chance of beating Trump in 2020 is not to compromise with him.

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Is admitting that some of the news is extremely biased and intentionality misleading going to be forthcoming from the left?

Your side basically has no argument without misconstruing Trump's words. The fake news media (not the news media) is the enemy of the state.
    Please cite some examples of this fake (i.e. false) news that is allegedly put out by the enemies of the people.

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    Please cite some examples of this fake (i.e. false) news that is allegedly put out by the enemies of the people.
    Off the top of my head, the story about video of Jim Acosta that got his white house credentials yanked being "doctored". I'm not in the mood to do more research for you.

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Off the top of my head, the story about video of Jim Acosta that got his white house credentials yanked being "doctored". I'm not in the mood to do more research for you.
    But you know there's lot of it out there. I quite understand.

Here is Trump talking about the fake news media in an interview, but he gives no examples of fake news.

“A lot of the animosity that we have in our country is because of fake news. They’re so angry at the news. They get it. You guys are at my rallies all the time, you see the anger when I mention the words ‘fake news’ and they turn around. And they use CNN because they — it just sort of works for them, I guess.

“But it’s ABC, it’s — NBC is maybe worse than anybody. I mean, NBC’s a total fraud as far as I’m concerned. Their news is disgusting. But I think NBC is as bad as anybody. You look at — and CBS — you look at what’s going on with the fake news and the people get it.”

https://news.amomama.com/118900-cnn-...-news-acc.html

I believe the people do get it. Trump is a bullshitter and his followers are dupes.