Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sites Leftist aren't allowed to read.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 610 Times in 560 Posts

Default Sites Leftist aren't allowed to read.

For more than half a century, advocates for a government-run, single-payer approach to health care coverage have touted its potential. With debate over the Affordable Care Act heating up by the day, progressives, both at the state and federal levels are now pushing anew to move to some form of this system. Most recently, the California Legislature introduced a bill to accomplish this, although without any details of how it would work.

On the surface, the arguments sound reasonable. Cut out the middleman — the insurance company — and use the savings to provide universal coverage at lower cost. Yet all attempts in the United States to implement this concept have failed. For example, Vermont made a serious run at a state-based, single-payer system — only to see it abandoned after only three years, due to major cost increases and the need to dramatically raise taxes to fund the expense.

In practice, a single-payer system would cost more than the most efficient and effective programs that exist today, all while compromising access and, over time, quality. https://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2017/03...omed-fail.html

Why A Single Payer Health Care System Is a Really Bad Idea
    www.newsweek.com/why-single-payer-health-care...
    The failure of single-payer health care to innovate is then complicated by the impossible constraint whereby people do not have to pay for any of the health care they get.

Pacific Research Institute | Socialized medicine a global failure
    www.pacificresearch.org/socialized-medicine-a...
    Socialized medicine a global failure. ... Single-payer health care is back in the news. ... Swedish residents have gravitated toward private insurance to avoid the ..

Why single payer health care is a terrible option (Opinion ...
    www.cnn.com/2017/09/25/opinions/single-payer...
    Despite its decades of documented failure in Western Europe, single-payer health care has newfound among support Democrats -- and it could come at great cost to the American people, writes Scott W ...

Canada’s Single-Payer Health Care System: A Cautionary Tale ...
    www.nationalreview.com/2017/04/canada-single...
    Before America adopts single-payer health care, legislators should consider the failures of that model in Canada. ... who manage their health-insurance monopoly and transfer funds to the local ...
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Medicare for all
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

Frank Apisa (02-07-2019), Jack (02-07-2019)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,598 Times in 4,276 Posts

Single payer has provided universal care and better quality for half the cost or less. It has been working for a long time. The American system was a presidential campaign argument for nearly a century. Candidates never argued that our system was good, but that it was poor and going to bankrupt the country. It was never addressed because the lobbying power of the healthcare industry is incredible. No matter what terrible practices come out, they just kept happening.
    Do we know that Americans are being cheated and gouged by Pharm. Yep, but nothing stops it. How about overbilling and padding bills in hospitals. Yep, we know that is occurring. 20 dollar asperines, forgeddaboutit. How about a Hospital system cheating Medicare out of mega millions and paying a multi dollar fine. Florida voted the chief officer into the governorship and now the Senate.
    We should tear it down and build it right. Universal, single payer is a good start.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Frank Apisa (02-07-2019), Jack (02-07-2019), kudzu (02-07-2019), LV426 (02-07-2019)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Margot Frank View Post
    Medicare for all
    They are opposed to education libraries and healthcare. What else is new?

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

Frank Apisa (02-07-2019)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Out of the 33 developed countries, 32 have universal health care. They adopt one of the following three models. In a single-payer system, the government taxes its citizens to pay for health care. Twelve of the 32 countries have this system.Dec 24, 2018"
    https://www.thebalance.com/universal...h-care-4156211

"Why America Is the Only Rich Country Without Universal Health Care"

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    For more than half a century, advocates for a government-run, single-payer approach to health care coverage have touted its potential. With debate over the Affordable Care Act heating up by the day, progressives, both at the state and federal levels are now pushing anew to move to some form of this system. Most recently, the California Legislature introduced a bill to accomplish this, although without any details of how it would work.

On the surface, the arguments sound reasonable. Cut out the middleman — the insurance company — and use the savings to provide universal coverage at lower cost. Yet all attempts in the United States to implement this concept have failed. For example, Vermont made a serious run at a state-based, single-payer system — only to see it abandoned after only three years, due to major cost increases and the need to dramatically raise taxes to fund the expense.

In practice, a single-payer system would cost more than the most efficient and effective programs that exist today, all while compromising access and, over time, quality. https://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2017/03...omed-fail.html

The failure of single-payer health care to innovate is then complicated by the impossible constraint whereby people do not have to pay for any of the health care they get.

Socialized medicine a global failure. ... Single-payer health care is back in the news. ... Swedish residents have gravitated toward private insurance to avoid the ..

Despite its decades of documented failure in Western Europe, single-payer health care has newfound among support Democrats -- and it could come at great cost to the American people, writes Scott W ...

Before America adopts single-payer health care, legislators should consider the failures of that model in Canada. ... who manage their health-insurance monopoly and transfer funds to the local ...

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Margot Frank View Post
    Medicare for all
    No one owes you healthcare. It's not the government's responsibility to make sure you have it just like it's not the government's responsibility to make sure you eat, are clothed, have a place to live, etc. It's YOUR responsibility.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    "Out of the 33 developed countries, 32 have universal health care. They adopt one of the following three models. In a single-payer system, the government taxes its citizens to pay for health care. Twelve of the 32 countries have this system.Dec 24, 2018"
    https://www.thebalance.com/universal...h-care-4156211

"Why America Is the Only Rich Country Without Universal Health Care"
    How many of those countries have a system of government just like the U.S.?

What happens to those that aren't paying those taxes? Are the children paying the taxes or just the adults?

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

First World Countries have Universal Health Care. Third World Countries don't.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

iolo (02-07-2019)

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Single payer has provided universal care and better quality for half the cost or less. It has been working for a long time. The American system was a presidential campaign argument for nearly a century. Candidates never argued that our system was good, but that it was poor and going to bankrupt the country. It was never addressed because the lobbying power of the healthcare industry is incredible. No matter what terrible practices come out, they just kept happening.
    Do we know that Americans are being cheated and gouged by Pharm. Yep, but nothing stops it. How about overbilling and padding bills in hospitals. Yep, we know that is occurring. 20 dollar asperines, forgeddaboutit. How about a Hospital system cheating Medicare out of mega millions and paying a multi dollar fine. Florida voted the chief officer into the governorship and now the Senate.
    We should tear it down and build it right. Universal, single payer is a good start.
    There's an easy way to stop the overbilling and padding. Don't provide services to those that can't pay because that's why those of us that are responsible enough to have coverage are paying more.

The SP proposal involves taxing people to fund the system. What about those that don't pay the taxes? Is a 5 year old going to pay those taxes?

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

First World Countries have Universal Health Care. Third World Countries don't.
    Third rate people demand the government set up a system for healthcare because they think they're owed something.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Third rate people demand the government set up a system for healthcare because they think they're owed something.
    Have you considered moving to Africa? They don't have Universal Health Care there, you would fit right in.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Have you considered moving to Africa? They don't have Universal Health Care there, you would fit right in.
    Have you ever considered doing something without expecting the government to do it for you?

My healthcare coverage is just fine and it isn't there for any reason other than I was responsible enough to make sure I had it. Since I don't give a fuck about you or your family, whether you have it is irrelevant to me.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Have you ever considered doing something without expecting the government to do it for you?

My healthcare coverage is just fine and it isn't there for any reason other than I was responsible enough to make sure I had it. Since I don't give a fuck about you or your family, whether you have it is irrelevant to me.
    I have chosen the 'European Plan' ... you have chosen the 'African Plan'. We both get to make decisions on what direction the Country takes.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have chosen the 'European Plan' ... you have chosen the 'African Plan'. We both get to make decisions on what direction the Country takes.
    I've chosen the personally responsible plan. You choose to be a lazy POS.

I've provided what I'm supposed to provide for my family and you want the government to force me to provide it to yours. I care about my family and don't give a shit about yours. Apparently you don't give a shit about yours either.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,245 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post

Why do people like you think that America is too stupid to do what every other industrialized nation has been able to do...cover ALL people and do it at less cost than we incur now?

We Americans should be able to borrow from the world's models (particularly that of Canada and the UK)...and actually improve on them in some ways.

What is it with you defeatists?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

iolo (02-07-2019)