Thread: ANOTHER 'blackface', FLA--a MILLENNIAL

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default ANOTHER 'blackface', FLA--a MILLENNIAL

Okay, that's it! NO MORE EQUIVOCATING. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION. A millennial in BLACKFACE needs his ass kicked in public and stripped of any all legal or corporate positions he may have attained. I don't even care if his 'friend' thought it was a good idea. I wouldN'T have done it in my 30s, 40's, 50's ....

Let me shorthand it for you if I might...

1964--A white man in blackface. DUH!
    1974--This is the beginning of the end of this, stop and think hard before you put the 'black face' on.
    1984--Don't do that anymore! It's over.
    1994--What the fuck rock did you just crawl out from?
    2004--You racist piece of trash. You are either a RACIST or you are an IDIOT. Either way, don't run for office!

Florida Republican caught in blackface refuses to resign — and says he was just impersonating his friend

]
    TANA GANEVA
    06 FEB 2019 AT 14:12 ET

On Wednesday, another member of Virginia’s top democratic leadership was revealed to have worn black face when he was younger. That—combined with accusations of sexual assault against Lt. Governor Justin Fairfax—left open the possibility that a Republican could be left in power.

As pundits wondered how three top Democrats could be so profoundly compromised, a Florida Republican who dressed up in black face in high school refused to step down. On Tuesday, Florida Democratic Chair Terry Rizzo called on Sabatini to resign, reports the Orlando Sentinel.

However, Sabatini is refusing to resign.

“I don’t care what age you are, where you grew up, what political party you belong in, this is not where we belong,” his former opponent Cynthia Brown wrote. “In light of the Florida Secretary of State resigning for belonging to such a disgusting racial divide (and by the way the Democratic [governor] of VA should also resign, so I am being consistent on my position), my former opponent Sabatini should resign.”

“Anthony, you cannot represent ALL of the people of our district, just as the Florida Secretary of State decided he couldn’t,” she wrote. “Do what is right for once, step down and resign.”

The photo was mailed to the campaign of Brown, who is a democrat, last fall.

Sabatini defended himself, saying the photo had been decontextualized—that he and a black friend had dressed as each other as a prank. The friend backed up his claim.

But that didn’t appease his former opponent. “I understand the excuse she’s using,” Brown said. “But it’s hateful for so many people. …. It wasn’t the ‘80s, like the governor of Virginia’s defense. This was in the 2000s.”...

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/flo...nating-friend/

WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 166 Times in 142 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hold on. The republicunts are demanding Northam resign because 40 years ago he was photographed in blackface. So far he hasn't given in to pressure from republicunts and 'we go high' democrats to resign.

And now we learn a republicunt did the same thing just a few years ago and he's refusing to resign. And the republicunts , and the 'we go high' democrats haven't been pressuring the cunt to resign.

DOUBLE STANDARDS MUCH?

Al Franken - get ready to re-enter politics in 2020. What Leanne Tweeden, Roger Stone, Sean Hannity and the 'we go high' democrats did to you was a disgrace.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

PC garbage. Stop fighting over who is the least racist. Yes, sometimes people of different races make fun of each other. Big deal.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

anonymoose (02-06-2019), Jack (02-06-2019)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    PC garbage. Stop fighting over who is the least racist. Yes, sometimes people of different races make fun of each other. Big deal.
    First rule of comedy is to punch UP.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    First rule of comedy is to punch UP.
    Well we obviously disagree on which race is more privileged here. But even if someone does punch down, is it THAT big a deal? Must these people be hated as monster racists? It was a joke you didn't like, no big deal.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

Jack (02-06-2019)

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well we obviously disagree on which race is more privileged here.
    White people are privileged, and entitled, and coddled, and spoiled.

But even if someone does punch down, is it THAT big a deal?
    Yeah, because it's bullying and bigotry.

Must these people be hated as monster racists? It was a joke you didn't like, no big deal.
    Yes, they should be hated. It's not that hard to not be racist.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

White people are privileged, and entitled, and coddled, and spoiled.
    In what ways?
    The media and academia are against us, state racism (affirmative action) is against us, it's considered taboo and sometimes illegal for us to act in our own interests, how exactly are white people privileged?

Yeah, because it's bullying and bigotry.
    Depends what the intention is. Is it bigotry when black comedians make fun of white people?

Yes, they should be hated. It's not that hard to not be racist.
    It is when EVERYTHING is racist.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

Jack (02-06-2019)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In what ways?
    Income, housing, health care, representation, accommodation, entitlement.

The media and academia are against us, state racism (affirmative action) is against us, it's considered taboo and sometimes illegal for us to act in our own interests, how exactly are white people privileged?
    Won't someone PUHEEELZE think of the white people?!

It's funny how you equate everyone gaining equal rights as being "against" whitey.

Depends what the intention is. Is it bigotry when black comedians make fun of white people?
    Yes. But that's comedy. First rule? Punch up.

t is when EVERYTHING is racist.
    Oh, is it too hard to not be a bigot? Maybe you need some coddling to feel better. Some assurance. Some accommodation. Don't worry, there are enough white people feeling sorry for themselves that they can spare some of that surplus emotion just for you.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Income, housing, health care, representation, accommodation, entitlement.
    You're confusing racism with classism. Whites tend to have more money than Blacks. Asians tend to have more money than Whites. So are Asians the most entitled because they can afford better housing and health care? It's not that Asians as a people are entitled because of their income, it's that the rich Asians are. Same goes for Whites.

As for representation, Whites are usually represented poorly in Western media. When black characters are part of a political narrative, they're the victims struggling against oppression. White characters are always the oppressors in a story about racism.

Won't someone PUHEEELZE think of the white people?!

It's funny how you equate everyone gaining equal rights as being "against" whitey.
    But that's the problem. We don't have equal rights. Only non-white people have affirmative action and freedom of association. That's not even including social racism.
    By the way, Jews are the most powerful ethnic group in America, and one of the top richest. If there was an anti-semitic attack, would you condescendingly say "Won't someone PUHEEELZE think of the JEWS???!!!"
    This attitude that white people can't be discriminated against is part of anti-white racism in America and Europe.

Yes. But that's comedy. First rule? Punch up.
    But there have been cases of white people being attacked for their whiteness. Could you at least accept those cases are racism? I think Blacks are privileged, but I will still say they can be discriminated against.
    If it's comedy, be consistent. Either it's a joke, and we all move on, or it's problematic, and we get angry.

Oh, is it too hard to not be a bigot? Maybe you need some coddling to feel better. Some assurance. Some accommodation. Don't worry, there are enough white people feeling sorry for themselves that they can spare some of that surplus emotion just for you.
    Depends how you define being a bigot. The "anti-racist" SJW crowd thinks everything is racist. According to them, if a white person wears dreads, that's racist. Dating within your race is racist. Wearing a Chinese dress is racist. Mary Poppins is racist. Where does it end?

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You're confusing racism with classism.
    The two are intrinsically linked in America.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Whites tend to have more money than Blacks.
    And why is that? Structural advantages in the economy borne out by 300 years of slavery, 100 years of Jim Crow, and 50+ years of Mass Incarceration.

Anymore Greatest Hits?

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    Okay, that's it! NO MORE EQUIVOCATING. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION. A millennial in BLACKFACE needs his ass kicked in public and stripped of any all legal or corporate positions he may have attained. I don't even care if his 'friend' thought it was a good idea. I wouldN'T have done it in my 30s, 40's, 50's ....

Let me shorthand it for you if I might...

1964--A white man in blackface. DUH!
    1974--This is the beginning of the end of this, stop and think hard before you put the 'black face' on.
    1984--Don't do that anymore! It's over.
    1994--What the fuck rock did you just crawl out from?
    2004--You racist piece of trash. You are either a RACIST or you are an IDIOT. Either way, don't run for office!

Florida Republican caught in blackface refuses to resign — and says he was just impersonating his friend

]
    TANA GANEVA
    06 FEB 2019 AT 14:12 ET

On Wednesday, another member of Virginia’s top democratic leadership was revealed to have worn black face when he was younger. That—combined with accusations of sexual assault against Lt. Governor Justin Fairfax—left open the possibility that a Republican could be left in power.

As pundits wondered how three top Democrats could be so profoundly compromised, a Florida Republican who dressed up in black face in high school refused to step down. On Tuesday, Florida Democratic Chair Terry Rizzo called on Sabatini to resign, reports the Orlando Sentinel.

However, Sabatini is refusing to resign.

“I don’t care what age you are, where you grew up, what political party you belong in, this is not where we belong,” his former opponent Cynthia Brown wrote. “In light of the Florida Secretary of State resigning for belonging to such a disgusting racial divide (and by the way the Democratic [governor] of VA should also resign, so I am being consistent on my position), my former opponent Sabatini should resign.”

“Anthony, you cannot represent ALL of the people of our district, just as the Florida Secretary of State decided he couldn’t,” she wrote. “Do what is right for once, step down and resign.”

The photo was mailed to the campaign of Brown, who is a democrat, last fall.

Sabatini defended himself, saying the photo had been decontextualized—that he and a black friend had dressed as each other as a prank. The friend backed up his claim.

But that didn’t appease his former opponent. “I understand the excuse she’s using,” Brown said. “But it’s hateful for so many people. …. It wasn’t the ‘80s, like the governor of Virginia’s defense. This was in the 2000s.”...

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/flo...nating-friend/

Let me shorthand it for you:

STFU and quit whining.

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Asians tend to have more money than Whites. So are Asians the most entitled because they can afford better housing and health care? It's not that Asians as a people are entitled because of their income, it's that the rich Asians are. Same goes for Whites.
    Not sure what you're talking about here, but there are plenty of Asian folks who aren't wealthy, and plenty of societal advantages white people have over Asian folks.

s for representation, Whites are usually represented poorly in Western media.
    Whatever. That's a load of horseshit. We only just got a black superhero last year after 10 years of Marvel movies with white leads.

When black characters are part of a political narrative, they're the victims struggling against oppression. White characters are always the oppressors in a story about racism.
    That's because white people are the oppressors. 300 years of slavery, 100 years of Jim Crow, and 50+ years of mass incarceration. So...what are you complaining about?

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

And why is that? Structural advantages in the economy borne out by 300 years of slavery, 100 years of Jim Crow, and 50+ years of Mass Incarceration.

Anymore Greatest Hits?
    No one in my family owned slaves and if blacks will quit committing crimes on a massive level, they'll quit going to jail at that level.

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But that's the problem. We don't have equal rights. Only non-white people have affirmative action and freedom of association.
    WTF? "Freedom of association"? Aren't you the people who associate every black protest with Farrakhan?!?!?!

Give me a fucking break. Who buys this bullshit?

You're right, though, we don't have equal rights. That's because white people don't want to make structural changes to society to produce equality because of their privileged and entitled status.