Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 59 of 59

Thread: Cult of White Privilege IS EthnoMasochism

  1. #46 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,242
    Thanks
    3,158
    Thanked 3,248 Times in 2,134 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 463 Times in 417 Posts

    Default

    Hello StoneByStone,

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Sure, but not to the point where they are fighting to make life worse for themselves. I'm sure Blacks have a degree of self-hatred, but for them it's not racial, and it's not so strong that they demand more benefits for every other race but less for themselves.
    I have not seen my benefits decreased.

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    The white race doesn't fight for it's own interests like every other race does.
    Doesn't have to. Already on top.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Flame on me, mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you go on my PERMANENT Ignore List. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I won't participate in your threads, you will be banned from mine. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: if you like my PIP, feel free to use it. It works well.

  2. #47 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,684
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked 470 Times in 384 Posts
    Groans
    68
    Groaned 131 Times in 119 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello StoneByStone,

    I don't see that at all. My living standard is the same whether some immigrants are allowed to participate in our economy or not.
    Actually, the more racially/ethnically diverse a society becomes, the less social trust that society has. This leads to more atomized communities, less going outside, less risks being taken, and so on. This is one of the causes for alcoholism and suicide rising among white people, as well as the extreme individualism of modern America.
    Now you may not feel this is affecting you, and maybe it's not. But it is affecting a lot of white people, and it's one of the reason politics has become so stupidly polarizing. When a country has no sense of community, it becomes easy for politicians to play people against each other.


    In case you have not noticed, we are trying to catch up because blacks have been so oppressed by slavery and discrimination. The slaves didn't ask to be brought here.
    Slavery prevented Blacks from assimilating when it was actually legal. Today, in the 21st century, Blacks are more privileged that Whites, and still aren't assimilating. And it's the same thing in every country. The Aboriginals still aren't Australian. The Africans that were immigrating to France before WWII still aren't French.

    I really don't care who has greater numbers of individuals. But I would like to see a level playing field which would result in our various races being proportionally represented in most areas of the economy.
    That's never going to happen without government force. While there are intelligent people in all races, different races have different IQ averages. And this leads to fights over representation.


    Total exaggeration.
    Which part and how?


    That is a matter of perception.
    You can say that about any propaganda. That's basically how propaganda works. It plays off of perception.
    But you can't watch a movie like "Get Out" and tell me the message there isn't that white racism is still everywhere.



    It is not propaganda if it is verified fact.
    First, it's not verified fact. Second, if you're ONLY talking about one race's alleged racism, then that's propaganda. They're giving us a false view of the world with a clear narrative they want us to believe.


    What is a POC ally?
    Person of Color ally.

    And I totally do not see 'the establishment want us to think the only good white person is a white person who accepts their racism and is working every day to harness the power of guilt.' What I see is institutions which reflect our Constitution, our diverse culture, and the idea that all are created equal. And that logically seems like the only fair way to do it.
    Then why is the media so obsessed with inaccurate portrayals of white racism, and only white racism?


    The white race doesn't fight for it's own interests like every other race does.
    Doesn't have to. Already on top.
    What is the measurement of being on top?
    If it's money, the Asians are on top. If it's control, the Jews are on top. If it's rights, every non-white group is on top.
    Make the Left Great Again

  3. #48 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    29,598
    Thanks
    136
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 1,020 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 181 Times in 163 Posts

    Default

    affirmative action is systematic discrimination against white males. revenge based politics are problematic.
    Morality is a set of attitudes and behaviors which facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships. --AssHatZombie

    "Men think in herds, go mad in herds, but recover their senses one by one." -- Charles Mackay

    "AssHat rocks and is fun to have around." -- Damocles

  4. The Following User Groans At AssHatZombie For This Awful Post:

    Nordberg (02-10-2019)

  5. #49 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,242
    Thanks
    3,158
    Thanked 3,248 Times in 2,134 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 463 Times in 417 Posts

    Default

    Hello StoneByStone,

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Actually, the more racially/ethnically diverse a society becomes, the less social trust that society has.
    'Social trust?' What's that?

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    This leads to more atomized communities, less going outside, less risks being taken, and so on. This is one of the causes for alcoholism and suicide rising among white people, as well as the extreme individualism of modern America.
    White 'PEOPLE?' It's not white people who are killing themselves. It's white MEN. This is often attributed to loss of dominance as women displace men in breadwinner roles.

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Now you may not feel this is affecting you, and maybe it's not. But it is affecting a lot of white people, and it's one of the reason politics has become so stupidly polarizing. When a country has no sense of community, it becomes easy for politicians to play people against each other.
    The only politicians which are playing whites against blacks are not getting my vote. The polarization in our society is a result of capitalism and greed.

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Slavery prevented Blacks from assimilating when it was actually legal. Today, in the 21st century, Blacks are more privileged that Whites, and still aren't assimilating. And it's the same thing in every country. The Aboriginals still aren't Australian. The Africans that were immigrating to France before WWII still aren't French.
    We elected a black president. Not once, but twice. That is a huge assimilation box checked. If the rest of society is still catching up, then we simply need to give it more time and keep helping it along. Obviously, we are doing some right things which are having the desired effect. Just like equal voting rights, the fact that we are seeing some results does not always mean we need to stop doing what is producing those results.

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    That's never going to happen without government force. While there are intelligent people in all races, different races have different IQ averages. And this leads to fights over representation.
    What is IQ level but a measure of what has been learned. Not ability to learn.

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Which part [is a total exaggeration] and how?
    StoneByStone: "the media is grooming society to view everything we do as racist."

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    You can say that about any propaganda. That's basically how propaganda works. It plays off of perception.
    But you can't watch a movie like "Get Out" and tell me the message there isn't that white racism is still everywhere.
    It's a movie. It's fictional. It's entertainment. Imaginary. Not a true story. Also, it is a totally messed up movie. I have not watched it, and would not do so. I read a sum-up of the plot. It's totally bizarre. Gory. It is a sick movie. Of course white racism still exists, but I will never agree that it 'is everywhere.'

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    First, it's not verified fact.
    You don't think white racism exists?

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Second, if you're ONLY talking about one race's alleged racism, then that's propaganda. They're giving us a false view of the world with a clear narrative they want us to believe.
    Most racism is whites disparaging blacks. That's the major racism problem in the USA. Reverse racism exists, but is not a large problem, so we don't see media reports on that very much.

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Then why is the media so obsessed with inaccurate portrayals of white racism, and only white racism?
    Because it is a problem which hurts our society in a significant way.

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    What is the measurement of being on top? If it's money, the Asians are on top. If it's control, the Jews are on top. If it's rights, every non-white group is on top.
    I am not going to address this because you are responding to your own post, which is a bit creepy. Are the two of us in a conversation, or are you having one with yourself? Your post presents a quote of your own, ostensibly presented as if you were responding to something I said. Only I didn't say it. That is disingenuous at best. Please don't post your own quotes in a way that makes it look like I said it. I am hoping this was a mistake.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Flame on me, mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you go on my PERMANENT Ignore List. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I won't participate in your threads, you will be banned from mine. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: if you like my PIP, feel free to use it. It works well.

  6. #50 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,684
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked 470 Times in 384 Posts
    Groans
    68
    Groaned 131 Times in 119 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello StoneByStone,

    'Social trust?' What's that?
    It's the trust within a community, often including trust between people who never met before. In Japan, there are bars where, when people walk in, they drop their phones off on the side of the bar. Anyone can easily steal someone else's phone, but this rarely happens because Japan has very high social trust. Part of the reason for that is that Japan is over 90% Japanese.

    White 'PEOPLE?' It's not white people who are killing themselves. It's white MEN. This is often attributed to loss of dominance as women displace men in breadwinner roles.
    Actually, suicide is up among white women too. The changing of gender roles is upsetting plenty of men, but the skyrocketing of suicide and alcoholism is probably about forced racial integration.

    The only politicians which are playing whites against blacks are not getting my vote. The polarization in our society is a result of capitalism and greed.
    I was referring to the polarization between Conservatives and Liberals. That's also a result of Capitalism, but when social trust is low, it's easier for politicians to do things like that
    We elected a black president. Not once, but twice. That is a huge assimilation box checked. If the rest of society is still catching up, then we simply need to give it more time and keep helping it along. Obviously, we are doing some right things which are having the desired effect. Just like equal voting rights, the fact that we are seeing some results does not always mean we need to stop doing what is producing those results.
    We elected Obama because black people, who never voted before and don't follow politics, showed up in huge numbers to vote for a guy they knew nothing about. The election of Obama was a perfect example of Blacks still not thinking in terms of being American. They see themselves as Blacks living in America, and so they'll support the black guy because he's black.

    What is IQ level but a measure of what has been learned. Not ability to learn.
    Reverse that. IQ does measure ability to learn, not simply what someone knows. Take an IQ test sometime, you'll see that they ask you logic questions and have you do puzzles.


    It's a movie. It's fictional. It's entertainment. Imaginary. Not a true story. Also, it is a totally messed up movie. I have not watched it, and would not do so. I read a sum-up of the plot. It's totally bizarre. Gory. It is a sick movie. Of course white racism still exists, but I will never agree that it 'is everywhere.'
    Yes, it's fictional, but it presents itself as a fictional dramatization of racism in America. It's propaganda, of course it's entertainment. "Birth of a Nation" was fiction too, but it helped shape how people thought about the KKK. That's how propaganda works. It uses entertainment to condition people.
    You might not have fallen for these anti-white movies, but a lot of people do. "Get Out" has been celebrated as a "brave" and "daring" look at racism in America. People are falling for this.


    You don't think white racism exists?
    It does, but in extremely small amounts. And it's not systematic like anti-white racism is.


    Most racism is whites disparaging blacks. That's the major racism problem in the USA. Reverse racism exists, but is not a large problem, so we don't see media reports on that very much.
    See, that's the narrative people believe because of movies like "Get Out" and "The First Purge." But it's not true.

    Because it is a problem which hurts our society in a significant way.
    If that was the case, why are pro-white groups, no matter how moderate, so hated in America? Jared Taylor is considered a White Supremacist simply for saying that white people should have freedom of association. If this alleged white racism is so common, shouldn't White Nationalists be an accepted political party in America?


    I am not going to address this because you are responding to your own post, which is a bit creepy. Are the two of us in a conversation, or are you having one with yourself? Your post presents a quote of your own, ostensibly presented as if you were responding to something I said. Only I didn't say it. That is disingenuous at best. Please don't post your own quotes in a way that makes it look like I said it. I am hoping this was a mistake.
    The quote I was responding to was something you said about white people being on top. I was pointing out that, by most measurements, white people are not on top.
    Make the Left Great Again

  7. #51 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ventura CA
    Posts
    51,443
    Thanks
    59,084
    Thanked 9,357 Times in 8,131 Posts
    Groans
    3,768
    Groaned 2,820 Times in 2,562 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Wolowitz View Post
    I love my white privilege

    Just the other day a negro and I both reached for the last item on a shelf. I immediately pulled out my White Privilege card and took it.
    Page 173 V I: Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities.


    Eric Holder: ďIím still enjoying what Iím doing, thereís still work to be done,Ē Iím still the Presidentís wing-man, so Iím there with my boy.Ē

  8. #52 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,187
    Thanks
    2,945
    Thanked 3,741 Times in 2,582 Posts
    Groans
    1,229
    Groaned 444 Times in 405 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Just off the top of my head here, without giving it much thought, I think Whites see themselves as 'Conquerors of the World'. They've carved up the World, created Borders, given their Language to the Conquered, and claimed the 'Local Wealth' as their own.
    Now, Whites are pretty well off and think, "Hey, maybe we should give some back?"
    Africans didn't have abstract concepts in their language so they were doomed to technological deadends because they had no concept of precision which could be relayed between each other. White people simply have better language and were able to pass on technological advances to future generations.

    Written vs oral language: How do they differ?
    Quick, send those on-site researchers some computer models

  9. #53 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    12,600
    Thanks
    6,553
    Thanked 3,764 Times in 2,930 Posts
    Groans
    223
    Groaned 337 Times in 314 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    Africans didn't have abstract concepts in their language so they were doomed to technological deadends because they had no concept of precision which could be relayed between each other. White people simply have better language and were able to pass on technological advances to future generations.

    Written vs oral language: How do they differ?
    If you say so.

  10. #54 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    19,810
    Thanks
    9,669
    Thanked 8,830 Times in 6,070 Posts
    Groans
    104
    Groaned 583 Times in 570 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    It's the trust within a community, often including trust between people who never met before. In Japan, there are bars where, when people walk in, they drop their phones off on the side of the bar. Anyone can easily steal someone else's phone, but this rarely happens because Japan has very high social trust. Part of the reason for that is that Japan is over 90% Japanese.



    Actually, suicide is up among white women too. The changing of gender roles is upsetting plenty of men, but the skyrocketing of suicide and alcoholism is probably about forced racial integration.



    I was referring to the polarization between Conservatives and Liberals. That's also a result of Capitalism, but when social trust is low, it's easier for politicians to do things like that


    We elected Obama because black people, who never voted before and don't follow politics, showed up in huge numbers to vote for a guy they knew nothing about. The election of Obama was a perfect example of Blacks still not thinking in terms of being American. They see themselves as Blacks living in America, and so they'll support the black guy because he's black.



    Reverse that. IQ does measure ability to learn, not simply what someone knows. Take an IQ test sometime, you'll see that they ask you logic questions and have you do puzzles.




    Yes, it's fictional, but it presents itself as a fictional dramatization of racism in America. It's propaganda, of course it's entertainment. "Birth of a Nation" was fiction too, but it helped shape how people thought about the KKK. That's how propaganda works. It uses entertainment to condition people.
    You might not have fallen for these anti-white movies, but a lot of people do. "Get Out" has been celebrated as a "brave" and "daring" look at racism in America. People are falling for this.




    It does, but in extremely small amounts. And it's not systematic like anti-white racism is.



    See, that's the narrative people believe because of movies like "Get Out" and "The First Purge." But it's not true.



    If that was the case, why are pro-white groups, no matter how moderate, so hated in America? Jared Taylor is considered a White Supremacist simply for saying that white people should have freedom of association. If this alleged white racism is so common, shouldn't White Nationalists be an accepted political party in America?




    The quote I was responding to was something you said about white people being on top. I was pointing out that, by most measurements, white people are not on top.
    In a limited way you may be right, but most who voted for Obama did so because Palin was on the Republican ticket and she's a pizza waitress at heart.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

  11. #55 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    19,810
    Thanks
    9,669
    Thanked 8,830 Times in 6,070 Posts
    Groans
    104
    Groaned 583 Times in 570 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    Africans didn't have abstract concepts in their language so they were doomed to technological deadends because they had no concept of precision which could be relayed between each other. White people simply have better language and were able to pass on technological advances to future generations.

    Written vs oral language: How do they differ?
    What? Who says they don't have abstract concepts?
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

  12. #56 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,187
    Thanks
    2,945
    Thanked 3,741 Times in 2,582 Posts
    Groans
    1,229
    Groaned 444 Times in 405 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    What? Who says they don't have abstract concepts?
    Pre colonial Africa. I should have been more precise. Sorry. I encountered a video about the subject. The research originates with this guy
    http://www.lulu.com/shop/dr-gedaliah...t-1646432.html

    Many abstract concepts were discovered missing when attempts to translate and build a dictionary were made. Concepts like time. There was no word for the past, the future. There was no complex number system. They had oral language only. Caucasians chose to develop in regions that required greater precision to convey information. For example the researchers asked early natives how they could describe a coconut was halfway up in a tree, but there was only a way to say it was up in the tree. Cuacasians developed more precise language because they needed to describe landscapes and feature more wide ranging than plains and grasslands that are relatively featureless. I think it's simply a matter of one group doing more of something and developing traits that result. Plains dwellers had less use for highly descriptive language and had better intuitive communication techniques. The differences are evident in the higher rates of self-consciousness and neurosis among caucasians compared to africans.
    Quick, send those on-site researchers some computer models

  13. #57 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,684
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked 470 Times in 384 Posts
    Groans
    68
    Groaned 131 Times in 119 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    In a limited way you may be right, but most who voted for Obama did so because Palin was on the Republican ticket and she's a pizza waitress at heart.
    Palin definitely helped Obama get elected, but among Blacks, it probably wasn't the main reason. Most Blacks don't follow politics because, once again, they don't feel American. They feel like they're outside the system, and whoever the president is, it will be a white person who isn't concerned about their interests. They assumed that Obama was concerned about them simply because he's black.
    Make the Left Great Again

  14. #58 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    36,170
    Thanks
    159
    Thanked 4,419 Times in 4,015 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 379 Times in 368 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    In a limited way you may be right, but most who voted for Obama did so because Palin was on the Republican ticket and she's a pizza waitress at heart.
    Wrong. Most that voted for Obama were like you thinking skin color was a qualification.

  15. #59 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    36,170
    Thanks
    159
    Thanked 4,419 Times in 4,015 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 379 Times in 368 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Palin definitely helped Obama get elected, but among Blacks, it probably wasn't the main reason. Most Blacks don't follow politics because, once again, they don't feel American. They feel like they're outside the system, and whoever the president is, it will be a white person who isn't concerned about their interests. They assumed that Obama was concerned about them simply because he's black.
    Among a lot of guilt ridden whites, Palin wasn't a reason. Like most blacks that voted for Obama, skin color was the only concern.

    In 2008, black voting exploded. Many of those that voted for the first time didn't do so because they'd just turned 18. In 2016, when there wasn't a black running for President, black voting went down to levels very similar to what they had been in elections before 2008.

  16. #60 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,187
    Thanks
    2,945
    Thanked 3,741 Times in 2,582 Posts
    Groans
    1,229
    Groaned 444 Times in 405 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default



    Damn, I came across this video and thought it might be interesting to contemplate that comprehension might have played a roll. If a person didn't have a word for the future, a warning of slavery would carry no meaning. How can you explain slavery without the context of time?
    Quick, send those on-site researchers some computer models

Similar Threads

  1. There is No White Privilege. But There Is BLACK Privilege
    By protectionist in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 266
    Last Post: 02-21-2019, 01:17 PM
  2. If there is all this white privilege out there then why
    By Teflon Don in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-27-2018, 11:47 AM
  3. The White House Grifters - Undeniable White Privilege
    By Bourbon in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-27-2018, 12:33 PM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-23-2016, 03:44 AM
  5. White Privilege
    By midcan5 in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 05:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •