Thread: The Catholics Are...

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default The Catholics Are...

the Great Whores and the Jews had it coming!

Now that, is what I call a winning platform baby!

Senator, do you denounce the right reverend Hagee?

"Uh, well, I'm happy to have his endorsement, but I've met bigger whores than the Catholics?"

I don't know if that's going to put it to rest, Senator!

John Hagee, the controversial evangelical leader and endorser of Sen. John McCain, argued in a late 1990s sermon that the Nazis had operated on God's behalf to chase the Jews from Europe and shepherd them to Palestine. According to the Reverend, Adolph Hitler was a "hunter," sent by God, who was tasked with expediting God's will of having the Jews re-establish a state of Israel.

Going in and out of biblical verse, Hagee preached: "'And they the hunters should hunt them,' that will be the Jews. 'From every mountain and from every hill and from out of the holes of the rocks.' If that doesn't describe what Hitler did in the holocaust you can't see that."

He goes on: "Theodore Hertzel is the father of Zionism. He was a Jew who at the turn of the 19th century said, this land is our land, God wants us to live there. So he went to the Jews of Europe and said 'I want you to come and join me in the land of Israel.' So few went that Hertzel went into depression. Those who came founded Israel; those who did not went through the hell of the holocaust.

"Then god sent a hunter. A hunter is someone with a gun and he forces you. Hitler was a hunter. And the Bible says -- Jeremiah writing -- 'They shall hunt them from every mountain and from every hill and from the holes of the rocks,' meaning there's no place to hide. And that might be offensive to some people but don't let your heart be offended. I didn't write it, Jeremiah wrote it. It was the truth and it is the truth. How did it happen? Because God allowed it to happen. Why did it happen? Because God said my top priority for the Jewish people is to get them to come back to the land of Israel." (Listen to the audio below.)

The sermon, which was first posted by Bruce Wilson on his site, Talk To Action, adds another element to Hagee's controversial stance on the state and history of Israel. It also may provide a new round of political headaches for McCain who has admitted that seeking out Hagee's endorsement was a mistake, but still declared himself "glad to have" it.

A spokesman for Hagee confirmed the authenticity of the remark, which can be found at around the 1:08 mark of his sermon "Battle For Jerusalem."

Since McCain secured the endorsement, both his campaign and Hagee have been pressed to explain a series of derogatory remarks the Reverend made about the Catholic Church, including his reference to the institution as "the Great Whore."

Hagee has since apologized for those remarks. But his interpretation of the role of the Nazis could be harder to dismiss, in part because McCain and Sen. Barack Obama are expected to compete heavily over the Jewish vote come the general election, in part because McCain has said he admires Hagee's commitment to Israel, but mainly because similar theories have found their way into much of the Reverend's writings.

As Wilson notes, in his 2006 book "Jerusalem Countdown", Hagee proposed the theory that "anti-Semitism, and thus the Holocaust, was the fault of Jews themselves -- the result of an age old divine curse incurred by the ancient Hebrews through worshiping idols and passed, down the ages, to all Jews now alive." He also wrote that "Most readers will be shocked by the clear record of history linking Adolf Hitler and the Roman Catholic Church in a conspiracy to exterminate the Jews."

Hagee is considered, in many political circles, to be one of the most passionate and strident supporters of Israel. He has spoken at AIPAC conferences and leads the evangelical group Christians United for Israel. But his views of the country, while possibly shared by others in the evangelical community, can be, at times, startling. Holding to the belief that Armageddon will come to earth following the reestablishment of the Kingdom of Israel, Hagee has advocated an aggressive war against Iran and has opposed any Israeli military withdrawal from the West Bank.

McCain, at least in the public record, has sought to thread the needle with the Hagee association: distancing himself from the controversial comment while reaping the political benefits of the Reverend's endorsement. Appearing on ABC's "'This Week" in late April 2008, McCain criticized Hagee's past remarks on the Catholic Church, but said that, "I admire and appreciate his advocacy for the state of Israel, the independence of the state of Israel."
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_102892.html

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah McCain will drag us into Hell for Israel.

Other than religious reasons (based on a book that jews wrote) why should we be Israels waterboys ?

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I think that to commemorate the occassion of the fine Senator from Arizona, being happy to have the right reverend Hagee's endorsement, we should all join hands and sing this song:

I don't care if it rains or freezes
    'Long as I got my plastic Jesus
    Riding on the dashboard of my car
    Through my trials and tribulations
    And my travels through the nations
    With my plastic Jesus I'll go far

Pump up the volume! I'm psyched now!

Riding down a thoroughfare
    With His nose up in the air
    A wreck may be ahead, but He don't mind
    Trouble coming He don't see
    He just keeps His eye on me
    And any other thing that lies behind

Everybody now!

I don't care if it rains or freezes
    'Long as I got my plastic Jesus
    Riding on the dashboard of my car

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by uscitizen View Post
    Yeah McCain will drag us into Hell for Israel.
    Sacrifice your children for Israel! Another winning platform!

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Are they sell McCain bobbly heads for the dashboard with little jew boy caps on him ?

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Where do you get these nutballs from? Is there a factory or something?
    Dumbarse and learning to live with it.

How about you?

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Diuretic View Post
    Where do you get these nutballs from? Is there a factory or something?
    Oh they just grow naturally round these parts. Jealous, aintcha? Well, we can let you have some, real cheap, if you'd like?

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

Every time you bring up Hagee with a rightie, the 1st line is "McCain didn't sit in the pews for 20 years, applauding & cheering!"

No, but he did seek his endorsement, and refused to renounce that endorsement or even distance himself from it; as they say, he is trying to "thread the needle" - targeting the remarks while enjoying the endorsements benefits.

Obama tried that w/ Wright, and it was never enough, no matter how strong his language of condemnation was. Then, you think about Farakhan - an endorsement that he didn't seek or even acknowledge until asked. When he was asked, "denouce" wasn't enough...he had to "reject and denounce," and even then, it wasn't enough.

Ridiculous double standard. Still, you've gotta think that it makes Wright a tougher topic for McCain to try to target...

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You may do better making fun of McCain for being old than trying link him to a religious nut but whatever floats your boat.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    Oh they just grow naturally round these parts. Jealous, aintcha? Well, we can let you have some, real cheap, if you'd like?
    Hmmm....Hawaii knocked off our macadamia nuts.....nut exchange...nope, thank you anyway but we have enough of our own right now
    Dumbarse and learning to live with it.

How about you?

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ohh come on Di. We have lots of sheep running around bleating aaaaanwaaaaar. won't you take a few off our hands.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    Every time you bring up Hagee with a rightie, the 1st line is "McCain didn't sit in the pews for 20 years, applauding & cheering!"

No, but he did seek his endorsement, and refused to renounce that endorsement or even distance himself from it; as they say, he is trying to "thread the needle" - targeting the remarks while enjoying the endorsements benefits.

Obama tried that w/ Wright, and it was never enough, no matter how strong his language of condemnation was. Then, you think about Farakhan - an endorsement that he didn't seek or even acknowledge until asked. When he was asked, "denouce" wasn't enough...he had to "reject and denounce," and even then, it wasn't enough.

Ridiculous double standard. Still, you've gotta think that it makes Wright a tougher topic for McCain to try to target...

I think it does, especially because it has been getting media play. I've been seeing it on the news, and not just the cable news stations. Isn't the internet great? You know, Gore would have been president if that election were held today, because of the internet. And if this election were held in 2000, the media could have kept up its double standard by attempting to force Obama into "renouncing" every black guy who came along, and never reporting on the fruits and nuts in the right wing house. I think so anyway.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,276 Times in 27,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Jesus christ, Darla. Hitler was doing God's work. Unbelievable. And surprisingly, Fox News isn't touching this. Hagee is a white christian man. He's untouchable on Fox Noise.

Onceler is right, too. Wingnuts have tried to float that trial balloon on me before: "Well, at least McCain didn't sit in the pews for 20 years!". That's that lamest pro-McCain spin I've seen so far. Rightys and the MSM hounded Obama mercilessly to not only denounce but publically reject Farakhans support. And he never set foot in Farakhans mosque.