Thread: NewsGuard Censorship App targets Daily Kos

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default NewsGuard Censorship App targets Daily Kos

I study a broad source of news and propaganda from the left and the the right, and one news and propaganda site that I frequent is Daily Kos. The NewsGuard app that is designed to financially blacklist pro Trump sources but is also going after a source that I enjoy, Daily Kos. News and propaganda sites from both the far left and the far right are important to me since I study a broad range of news, so F NewsGuard.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/...o-trump-media/
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

So it is only because it is blocking left wing agenda sites that you now want to ditch it, huh. How very enlightened of you.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Exit View Post
    So it is only because it is blocking left wing agenda sites that you now want to ditch it, huh. How very enlightened of you.
    I do not want left wing or right wing agenda to be blocked. Here is some of the right wing agenda that they block:

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...s-as-credible/

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    I study a broad source of news and propaganda from the left and the the right, and one news and propaganda site that I frequent is Daily Kos. The NewsGuard app that is designed to financially blacklist pro Trump sources but is also going after a source that I enjoy, Daily Kos. News and propaganda sites from both the far left and the far right are important to me since I study a broad range of news, so F NewsGuard.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/...o-trump-media/
    Why, they are all garbage, left, right, all the same, framed narratives aimed at partisan audiences, making a buck telling them what they want to hear

Stay within the legitimate, left and right, NYT, WSJ, WP, the Hill, Politico, no melodrama or implied morality

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Stay within the legitimate
    This is the worse thing you can do, it means staying with confirmation bias.

We cannot know the actual truth of our political landscape, archives. The best we can do is to triangulate the "most likely truth" from as broad a selection of media sources as possible. None of the media sources can be trusted anymore, regardless of left or right bias. They are ALL bias, they ALL have an agenda besides your best interest. (Or mine). Sticking to media that sounds trustworthy or that aligns with our own political bias leads to self imposed ignorance. Do you think that my political agenda aligns with Daily Kos? Hell no. I value Daily Kos though, since I want access to all propaganda and news sources. I want to read everything they have to say, and I want to make my own opinions about the political landscape based on what I read from the KOS and every other source of news or propaganda.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Daily KO's is a shitty news source, but they are angels next to stuff like Brietbart, infowars, etc. Until people get a grip on their own psyche, and look at the way the news you partake in delivers things, you'll have a bunch of easy picking fools.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Inside every liberal is a censor waiting for the chance to shut someone up.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Daily KO's is a shitty news source, but they are angels next to blah, blah, blah.
    Most news sources are shitty, but I want access to all of them so that I can make up my own mind. It sounds as if what you are really saying here, is that you do not appreciate the Daily Kos, and that you are happy to have certain media sources who say what you want to hear, engineer your perception of the political landscape for you.

Not me, I consume ALL media sources, regardless of left or right bias. I don't trust ANY of them, but I will use every last one to help me find the "most likely" truth. We do not have access to the actual truth, and I refuse to let the lefty media engineer my perception of the political landscape.

This "shitty news source" thing that you are running with is typical of lefties, and is basically a statement that your perception of the world is not actually your own. There are a shitload of lefties who have the same exact perception of the world as you do, since your perception was engineered for you. You are limited to rating the value of news sources based on how close they are to your own bias, instead of objectively identifying how much merit each has, which makes you as left as lefties come.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Inside every liberal is a censor waiting for the chance to shut someone up.
    Indeed.