Members banned from this thread: Blackwater Lunchbreak, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, Evmetro, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke and Bobb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NatGEO: How Could Climate Change Cause Localized Blasts Of Colder Temperatures?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello tinfoil,

I said I don't understand science. I am not a scientist. I trust the main stream news to disseminate it for me. I recognize the overlying facts. Human-caused climate change is threatening our habitat. We have to take appropriate measures to reverse what we have caused.

Look at the big picture.

How can 7.5 billion humans burn things daily without having some effect on the atmosphere? We live in a bubble, not a vacuum. A 7.5 mile round meteor hit the world and caused devastating effects. 7.5 BILLION humans can certainly change the Earth. We gotta think about what we are doing and be responsible. We can't just blow it off and pretend we have no effect.
    Well, if you haven't taken the time to understand it, then why the hell do you think you have anything to tell me about it? I've heard all the nonsense you parrot. The evidence is that the scientists are cooking the books to make the case for their theory. Since you can't be bothered to check for yourself, I couldn't care less what you think about this subject. Next time at least attempt to understand the arguments.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello tinfoil,

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    Well, if you haven't taken the time to understand it, then why the hell do you think you have anything to tell me about it?
    I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Just telling you why I believe humans caused climate change. It wouldn't be the first time life on Earth has affected the habitat.

I've heard all the nonsense you parrot. The evidence is that the scientists are cooking the books to make the case for their theory.
    I do not believe that majority of scientists are 'cooking the books' to try to convince the world of a falsehood, and I certainly don't believe that if they were (all these independent people in so many different nations, working independently of one another for thousands if not millions of employers, and not all in communication with one another,) that they would be able to pull off this giant ruse without the main stream media catching on and making it public.

Since you can't be bothered to check for yourself, I couldn't care less what you think about this subject.
    Makes sense. But I appreciate the civil discourse anyway.

Next time at least attempt to understand the arguments.
    I understood what you said. And I told you why it doesn't change my position. We've each got our reasons for believing what we believe. I feel confident in my beliefs because I'm in agreement with main stream science. If you have such a good argument, I would suggest you try to point it out to a crack reporter why the main stream news should pick it up and run with it. If it stands, I'll accept it. It would be a giant relief to know it if the world is not in peril from human caused climate change, if that's really true.

But I gotta tell ya. Regardless of the climate change argument, sustainable energy makes a lot more sense than fossil fuel extraction and burning.

It means a cleaner planet where we are not so dependent on big corporations for our energy. One where energy costs are known and do not experience such wild fluctuations depending on the capitalist market.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.