Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The solution for healthcare that will never be instituted

1. #211 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,421 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    Actually Frankie, most Americans have health insurance through their employer and they like that.
    They don't like it as much as people like Medicare and Medicaid:

Americans' satisfaction with the way the healthcare system works for them varies by the type of insurance they have. Satisfaction is highest among those with veterans or military health insurance, Medicare and Medicaid, and is lower among those with employer-paid and self-paid insurance. Americans with no health insurance are least satisfied of all.
    https://news.gallup.com/poll/186527/...satisfied.aspx

eople that only have Medicare and Medicaid have no other choices but to like it otherwise they'd have nothing. BIG government meddling unconstitutionally has seen to that!
    You keep leaning on this bullshit argument, but your position is for federalism...you want there to be a uniform regulation across all states that allows insurers to play in every state. It's basically the too-big-to-fail model.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #212 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,238 Times in 7,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

You're a mind reader, right Frankie? Don't worry old pal, I'll never expect you to attempt a logical or honest conversation.
    No problemo, Robo. I'll never expect you to recognize a logical or honest comment...if you tripped over it.

3. #213 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 21 Times in 19 Posts

The solution to good healthcare that will never be instituted because the human race is made up of morons, is simply to abide by the 10th amendment to our Constitution.

“The powers not delegated to the United Sates by the Constitution, or prohibited by it to the States are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”

The federal government as designed by our founders incorporated the idea that the best way to avoid corrupted government was to empower the government closest to the people where they, (the people) could better know what was going on in government, i.e. State and local government and thereby the folks could be more informed about their politicians and vote the bastards out who were truly the bastards and vote the uncorrupted folks into government offices

The founders understood that the voters in state A had no control over who the voters in state B voted into a federal government, thus representatives from several states were more immune to the actual will of all of the people and thereby what the folks in one state accepted and promoted as moral and economic standards might well be rejected by folks in other states, thus we got the 10th amendment i.e. the founders didn’t believe that a federal government instituting federal “fits all” laws was a good idea. That’s why the federal government was designed by the Constitution to leave the majority of law making powers to the states, (as regulated by the individual rights and immunities guaranteed by the national Constitution), and only empower the federal government to do what the states and the folks couldn’t do for themselves, (see Article one section eight of our Constitution.

Fixing the nation’s healthcare system requires that a corrupt inept and incompetent federal government get the hell out of the healthcare business and leave the money and the power to design individual state healthcare system with the states. That’s exactly what our founders intended, a laboratory of states learning one from the other how to deliver to the people the best healthcare and thereby even promoting at the same time the right and freedom of the folks to vote with their feet and move to the states whereby they were most politically agreeable with, not just for healthcare, but for every moral and economic established system promoted and financed and delivered by a particular state.
    You want your state government running your health care? What happens if you need medical care while you're on vacation?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tff For This Post:

LV426 (02-06-2019)

5. #214 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You just don't understand the corrupt duopoly Washington government do you?
    No, this is your bias coming through...informed by 40 years of Conservative propaganda that has turned your brain into mush and your mind against the institution of government.

Do you...do you think there is no such thing as fraud in the private sector? If not, then why did all those Wall Street banks pay settlements in the billions of dollars following the Financial Collapse?

6. #215 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,238 Times in 7,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    BECAUSE EVERY STATE REGULATES INSURANCE DIFFERENTLY RIGHT NOW

Why is that so hard for you to grasp?

States are already doing what you want; they are regulating their own state insurance markets. The reason most insurance isn't portable is because states regulate insurance differently, which is what you have been arguing for, dude.

I mean, really...are you trying to be obtuse? Is this just an act? Some elaborate performance art?
    Amazing...isn't it, LV.

And this is the guy claiming others cannot argue logically, intelligently or reasonably.

In any case, I doubt it is an "act."

He just does not GET it!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

LV426 (02-06-2019)

8. #216 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You're naive enough to believe that BIG Health Insurance corporations with their lobbying racket would ever allow their puppet politicians in Washington to pass a Single Payer system they didn't have their grubby paws in, huh?
    So notice how your argument has migrated...it used to be opposition to single payer because you didn't understand what health insurance companies do, and now it's an argument of "well, they won't pass it anyway".

Not with that attitude, they won't!

That's why we need to elect politicians who support single payer, instead of those who don't because they want to perpetuate the system they have now.

No Democrat that supports single payer gets donations from health insurance lobbyists.

Duh.

9. #217 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They'll pay the bills for a "PROFIT" and be reimbursed by a BIG Racketeering Government taxpayer ripoff.
    ????

Do you understand what a single payer system entails, operationally? There is no space for private insurers to operate, so not sure what is leading you to this dumb conclusion, other than the bias that has turned your puny little brain into mush.

10. #218 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah right! The feds just hand over the Medicaid loot to the states no strings attached. Naivety is your problem!
    Be responsible for your stupid argument before making another.

You can't have it both ways here; you can't say you want states to regulate their insurance markets as they see fit, but also must accept insurance from other states that is regulated differently.

Also, you can enroll in portable plans already, but the reason most don't is because insurance is regulated differently from state-to-state.

That has nothing to do with Medicaid, which is also state-run, doofus.

Wow. The dumb is strong with this one.

11. #219 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 610 Times in 560 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    As polled by Gallup:

Americans With Government Health Plans Most Satisfied
    Americans' satisfaction with the way the healthcare system works for them varies by the type of insurance they have. Satisfaction is highest among those with veterans or military health insurance, Medicare and Medicaid, and is lower among those with employer-paid and self-paid insurance. Americans with no health insurance are least satisfied of all.
    https://news.gallup.com/poll/186527/...satisfied.aspx

I know, I know...it's hard for you to reconcile your prejudices and brainwashing, but it's true. People love Medicare and hate private insurance.
    You simply refuse to accept the difference between "HEALTHCARE" and "HEALTH INSURANCE." Why in hell wouldn't people that believe they're getting their health insurance free and paid for them by somebody else not be thrilled by that? Medicare/Medicaid!!!!!!! While the quality of the care may well be good at the Vet, their WAITING TIMES SUCK!!! The VA is a freaking disaster of paperwork and confusion. I know folks that work there. That's why Trump signed an executive order as Commander N Chief that allows the vet overload to get treatments in private clinics and hospitals and doctors offices. Medicare and Medicaid get their health CARE at private doctor's and hospitals serving the PRIVATE MARKET PLACE!!!!!!!!!! THATS WHY THEY LIKE IT!!!!! The Private market place delivers top notch health "CARE!!!!!!"
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

12. #220 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's apparent you have never investigated the Reagan and Kennedy tax cuts, right? Do yourself a favor and check with the Cato Institute about that.
    The Reagan Tax Cuts exploded the deficit and tripled the debt.

The Kennedy tax cuts were to 70%, so if you want a 70% rate, I'm down.

13. #221 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I repeat, Yeah right! The feds just hand over the Medicaid loot to the states, no strings attached. Naivety is your problem! You're talking out of your ass!!! The feds regulate and control everything.
    Yes, the Feds hand money to the state so the state can run Medicaid in their state as they see fit. Medicaid isn't run by the Federal government you goonbat, Medicaid is run by the states with funding from the Feds.

So once again, your problem is with state insurance markets, not the feds.

Wow.

14. #222 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I repeat. Health care in America is top notch, it's the health insurance system that sucks ever since the feds started meddling in it.
    The Feds do not meddle in state insurance markets, you goofball.

Your ignorance is showing.

The organizations that rate worldwide healthcare are leftist biased dorks!!! It's no wonder y'all leftist believe their garbage!!!!!
    Right...everyone is wrong except you, even though your judgment and instincts suck.

15. #223 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You simply refuse to accept the difference between "HEALTHCARE" and "HEALTH INSURANCE."
    You're the one conflating the two. Medicare and Medicaid are insurance plans.

Why in hell wouldn't people that believe they're getting their health insurance free and paid for them by somebody else not be thrilled by that?
    Everyone on Medicare right now has likely paid into the program when they were drawing a paycheck. It's free at the point of care. The mechanism by which your provider is reimbursed is the only component we are talking about here, and you have yet to draw a connection from that mechanism to the care your doctor provides before anyone is reimbursed.

It's a part of the process you aren't involved with.

While the quality of the care may well be good at the Vet, their WAITING TIMES SUCK!!!
    It depends what VA care center you are going to since they are all run differently.

And what's the wait time for someone with no insurance?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

tff (02-06-2019)

17. #224 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The VA is a freaking disaster of paperwork and confusion. I know folks that work there. That's why Trump signed an executive order as Commander N Chief that allows the vet overload to get treatments in private clinics and hospitals and doctors offices.
    Which hasn't worked because here you are complaining about wait times literally in the sentence before this:

While the quality of the care may well be good at the Vet, their WAITING TIMES SUCK!!!
    Yeesh.

18. #225 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Medicare and Medicaid get their health CARE at private doctor's and hospitals serving the PRIVATE MARKET PLACE!
    They serve both private insurance and Medicare/Medicaid.

And most physicians prefer Medicare because they know what to expect:

Medicare is, without question, the most reliable, most predictable payer that we deal with. And for somebody like me it would be a dream to only have to deal with them. Yes, they are pretty heavily regulated. And yes, they have pretty strict guidelines for who to cover. But unlike other payers, who make life virtually impossible for smaller providers because they’re in the for-profit game (the not paying for care game), Medicare at least adheres to a clear set of rules. Other payers put up an endless set of traps against reimbursement, contracting, and other parts of the revenue life cycle that add substantial cost to services and thus increase cost to the consumer. I can say with near certainty that parties in my industry would provide services at a materially lower price and with more predictable out of pocket costs if every payer was as reliable and consistent as Medicare.

Next!

HATS WHY THEY LIKE IT!!!!! The Private market place delivers top notch health "CARE!!!!!!"
    NO IT DOESN'T.

All the private insurance marketplace does is tie a profit motive to the administration of reimbursements, which causes them to restrict your choices and options, and deny you care.