Members banned from this thread: Blackwater Lunchbreak, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, iewitness, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Into the Night, Tkaffen, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke and Bobb

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Capitalism Increases The Cost Of Housing Faster Than The Wages Rise.

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 10DayUserName View Post
    He came from the world of business. That is no secret. There is no upside in business letting the other side know everything. Politics is not that much different in this regard. I don't pay that much attention to the minutia of Trump. Presidents come and go; control switches back and forth between one wall street party or the other. American democracy is fine, though I find your position a bit perplexing considering your complaints about Russian influence, fraud, etc in the Brexit vote, your parliament demanding there be no no-deal brexit but refusing to get on board any deal, etc etc etc. We both have our Shakespearian dramas going on. In the end, it is just all theatrics.
    Where exactly do find these comments of mine on the Brexit idiocy? The key point about that is that nobody who knows his arse from his elbow believes in it, but if seemed to offer prospects for careerists to please the mob.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post
    Where exactly do find these comments of mine on the Brexit idiocy? The key point about that is that nobody who knows his arse from his elbow believes in it, but if seemed to offer prospects for careerists to please the mob.
    The mob won. Their servants who were elected by them are doing their job. That is how democracy works.

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

The mob won. Their servants who were elected by them are doing their job. That is how democracy works.
    No - that's how mob law works: you ask the mob a vague, half-witted question with no sensible detail and get a half-witted answer. In democracy you elect people to examine issues and make informed judgements, and kick them out if you disagree, putting in other informed people. You're falling for archaic dictatorial propaganda: Napoleon 111 was hot on referendums, as I recall.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to iolo For This Post:

PoliTalker (02-07-2019)

5. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello 10DayUserName,

My dentist, my doctor, and my CPA all supported Trump. Your idea of education seems to be indoctrination. The country also elected a democratically controlled House. As I Green Party member I can declare that a failure
    Dentists, doctors and CPA's generally make lots of money. They are well-off. Those are jobs that are often held by rich old white guys. Rich old white guys did go for Trump because they are so well off they usually have more money than they need for their lifestyle, and they often have investments in stocks and bonds. They are rich. It was correctly perceived by some of the educated that Trump would help the rich get richer. Some educated people such as these examples did go for Trump, (because they chose to look the other way at the low morality,) but ...

Trump would not have won without the strong support from the uneducated.

The uneducated voted for Trump for different reasons. They believe the propaganda. They think the reason they don't get paid more, have better jobs, more success is because illegal immigrants are taking their jobs and causing most crimes. They think it is a huge problem that crime is bad because of illegal immigration. They refuse to admit that most crimes, the vast majority of crimes, are actually committed by American citizens. That's the reality they NEVER talk about. Crime has actually been decreasing for many years. Crime which is associated with illegal drugs was actually caused by making those drugs illegal.

If dangerous drugs were never made illegal there would be no profits in illegal drugs, no gangs. People should simply be educated to stay away from dangerous drug abuse.

Extending the partial wall is exactly the wrong approach for dealing with drug gang violence. The correct approach, and the most effective approach would be to legalize all drugs, make them cheap and widely available, and to set up rehab treatment centers to deal with drug abuse. And there should also be strong government spending to conduct a vast PR campaign to let everybody know with no doubt that dangerous drugs mess people up, and anyone considering abusing them is an indicator that the individual has psychological problems which need to be dealt with. That indicates that the government should also have a massive program to deal with unresolved psychological problems. Doing so will also reduce the number of mass shootings, which are also an indicator of the same thing, psychological problems.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,332 Times in 6,020 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello 10DayUserName,

The fact that Trump is President indicates we need better education.

Our kids are falling behind the world.

Now we have grown people who think Trump is a good President.

Obviously, our education system is failing us.

We cannot allow Republicans to keep our education system languishing just so people will elect Republicans who serve only the rich. We need smarter voters.
    The fact that Trump is President indicates we need better education.
    That's not a fact. That's your opinion of which you have zero proof to back it up. I guess you couldn't blame the "Super-rich" or "Wealthaholics" so you're blaming the Republicans instead.

Now we have grown people who think Trump is a good President.
    Ha! That was a good one. We have grown people to think a certain way. That's rich. That's hilarious. That's a riot.

Obviously, our education system is failing us.
    Obviously? Maybe to you. Not many others. You need to stop with the Chicken Little Scare Tactics. It's not a good look and nobody's going to fall for it.

We cannot allow Republicans to keep our education system languishing just so people will elect Republicans who serve only the rich. We need smarter voters.
    Our education system is managed by State Governments, not the Federal Government and it should continue that way.
    Republicans only serve the rich? Not the Republicans I know. Where do you get these falsehoods? And why aren't you smart enough to know they're just not true.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Evmetro (02-06-2019)

8. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,332 Times in 6,020 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello 10DayUserName,

Dentists, doctors and CPA's generally make lots of money. They are well-off. Those are jobs that are often held by rich old white guys. Rich old white guys did go for Trump because they are so well off they usually have more money than they need for their lifestyle, and they often have investments in stocks and bonds. They are rich. It was correctly perceived by some of the educated that Trump would help the rich get richer. Some educated people such as these examples did go for Trump, (because they chose to look the other way at the low morality,) but ...

Trump would not have won without the strong support from the uneducated.

The uneducated voted for Trump for different reasons. They believe the propaganda. They think the reason they don't get paid more, have better jobs, more success is because illegal immigrants are taking their jobs and causing most crimes. They think it is a huge problem that crime is bad because of illegal immigration. They refuse to admit that most crimes, the vast majority of crimes, are actually committed by American citizens. That's the reality they NEVER talk about. Crime has actually been decreasing for many years. Crime which is associated with illegal drugs was actually caused by making those drugs illegal.

If dangerous drugs were never made illegal there would be no profits in illegal drugs, no gangs. People should simply be educated to stay away from dangerous drug abuse.

Extending the partial wall is exactly the wrong approach for dealing with drug gang violence. The correct approach, and the most effective approach would be to legalize all drugs, make them cheap and widely available, and to set up rehab treatment centers to deal with drug abuse. And there should also be strong government spending to conduct a vast PR campaign to let everybody know with no doubt that dangerous drugs mess people up, and anyone considering abusing them is an indicator that the individual has psychological problems which need to be dealt with. That indicates that the government should also have a massive program to deal with unresolved psychological problems. Doing so will also reduce the number of mass shootings, which are also an indicator of the same thing, psychological problems.
    Dentists, doctors and CPA's generally make lots of money. They are well-off. Those are jobs that are often held by rich old white guys. Rich old white guys did go for Trump because they are so well off they usually have more money than they need for their lifestyle, and they often have investments in stocks and bonds. They are rich.
    Hey PoliTalker. My brother-in-law is a dentist and I would appreciate it if you would stop making prejudicial, discriminatory judgments about him. Yes, he's a "rich old white guy" but he's voted Democrat most of his life and DID NOT VOTE FOR Trump. He put four kids through college and has had to work past retirement age to pay the tuition bills. And why is having investments in stocks and bonds a bad thing? I have investments in stocks and bonds and have a 7 figure net worth. Am I rich? Am I well off? Is that bad?
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

9. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Gentrification creates the 'Magic Kingdom Of Capitalism' out of once thriving neighborhoods.

It replaces rich culture with rich people.

Out with the poor, in with the RICH!

Hey, if you support a system that can't provide enough opportunity to elevate the masses, simply move them OUT!

Capitalism takes what capitalism wants.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.