Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thread Ban feature

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Default Thread Ban feature

Since the Thread Ban feature was created for Darla, Rana and Christie to be able to help deal with me, I have a couple of enhancement requests

1) change name from Thread Ban to The ILA. It was created for me. It is only fair it be be named after me

2) make it so list of who is thread banned is hidden so unsuspecting people are surprised when they try to post replies

3) Change the message from “you are banned from this thread” to “REJECTED BITCH”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.3 For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (01-28-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Maybe change to:
    "I'm frightened of other people, I like to talk to myself" thread?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Sirthinksalot (01-30-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Maybe change to:
    "I'm frightened of other people, I like to talk to myself" thread?
    Not true. Lots of threads I start in APP with little to know thread bans. Not my fault if leftists can’t follow the rules there.

I have very specific reasons why I Thread Ban and fear of a leftist doesn’t even come into play

I have considered starting a new thread ban policy.

On a weekly basis I will choose one leftist to NOT thread ban. That leftist will be the leftist spokesperson for all of you. I figure you all spout the same exact talking points and nonsense. By limiting the threads to just one idiot, I can be more efficient and not have to read duplicative crap.

What do you think?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.3 For This Post:

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm glad this is in the Introductions, User Announcements, Suggestions and Unnecessary Ego Enhancements board.......

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

canceled.2021.3 (01-28-2019), Rune (02-01-2019)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by #MAGA View Post
    Not true. Lots of threads I start in APP with little to know thread bans. Not my fault if leftists can’t follow the rules there.

I have very specific reasons why I Thread Ban and fear of a leftist doesn’t even come into play

On a weekly basis I will choose one leftist to NOT thread ban. That leftist will be the leftist spokesperson for all of you. I figure you all spout the same exact talking points and nonsense. By limiting the threads to just one idiot, I can be more efficient and not have to read duplicative crap.

What do you think?
    Why exactly do you suppose any 'leftist' (= normal person) would wish to communicate with you, I wonder.

10. The Following User Groans At iolo For This Awful Post:

canceled.2021.3 (01-28-2019)

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iolo For This Post:

evince (01-28-2019), Guno צְבִי (01-28-2019), Jade Dragon (01-28-2019), Rune (02-01-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-28-2019)

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post
    Why exactly do you suppose any 'leftist' (= normal person) would wish to communicate with you, I wonder.
    That is easily answered. I am JPPs most influential and consequential poster.

Now you can say you don’t wish to communicate with me, but the constant bitching about my use of thread bans would tend to mitigate that statement.

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That is easily answered. I am JPPs most influential and consequential poster.

Now you can say you don’t wish to communicate with me, but the constant bitching about my use of thread bans would tend to mitigate that statement.
    My point about thread bans is that it is difficult for sane people to remember that weirdoes join a discussion site to run away from discussion, so you type out an answer to some contribution, and only then discover that you are in the list of fifteen rugby teams at the top of the thread. The trick would be, I suppose, to deny anyone rational a voice, then we could avoid wasting our time in this way.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to iolo For This Post:

evince (01-28-2019)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

My point about thread bans is that it is difficult for sane people to remember that weirdoes join a discussion site to run away from discussion, so you type out an answer to some contribution, and only then discover that you are in the list of fifteen rugby teams at the top of the thread. The trick would be, I suppose, to deny anyone rational a voice, then we could avoid wasting our time in this way.

Talk about a first world problem. I didn’t realize what a tremendous burden this put on you.

Here is a suggestion. Before typing out a post that won’t be any different from any other leftist, just check the top of the thread you are wishing to respond to to see if your name is present.

What do you think of my idea of having a designated leftist spokesperson for my threads thus allowing y’all to participate?

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Talk about a first world problem. I didn’t realize what a tremendous burden this put on you.

Here is a suggestion. Before typing out a post that won’t be any different from any other leftist, just check the top of the thread you are wishing to respond to to see if your name is present.

What do you think of my idea of having a designated leftist spokesperson for my threads thus allowing y’all to participate?
    Why the fuck should I read seventy thousand names every times I visit? Put up Nazi thread. Heil Trump where everyone can always read it.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iolo For This Post:

evince (01-28-2019), Rune (02-01-2019)

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why the fuck should I read seventy thousand names every times I visit? Put up Nazi thread. Heil Trump where everyone can always read it.
    Well I guess you will just have to keep rolling the dice then

I have offered you a solution to your problem but like all leftists you just want to stomp your feet until you get your way.

Well I won’t give you your way

I will offer this compromise. If I decide to go through with my new thread ban feature, I promise you will be the first lefty spokesperson. I am thinking of making it a weeklong rotation.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.3 For This Post:

20. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

What do you think?
    I think you are paralyzed with fear. You ban almost the entire Forum. The effect is, ... no one bothers to read your OP because no one is allowed to respond. It's like you are in an empty Park, standing on a Soap Box, and speaking solely so you can hear yourself. Maybe you have something of interest to say, but no one will ever know because they ignore your threads.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-28-2019)

22. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I think you are paralyzed with fear. You ban almost the entire Forum. The effect is, ... no one bothers to read your OP because no one is allowed to respond. It's like you are in an empty Park, standing on a Soap Box, and speaking solely so you can hear yourself. Maybe you have something of interest to say, but no one will ever know because they ignore your threads.
    Your psychoanalysis is belied by the fact that I threadban very few in APP

For the record whether you read my threads or not is irrelevant although I know many do. The forum tells me so

23. The Following User Groans At canceled.2021.3 For This Awful Post:

Rune (02-01-2019)

24. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,729 Times in 27,216 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

Since the Thread Ban feature was created for Darla, Rana and Christie to be able to help deal with me, I have a couple of enhancement requests

1) change name from Thread Ban to The ILA. It was created for me. It is only fair it be be named after me

2) make it so list of who is thread banned is hidden so unsuspecting people are surprised when they try to post replies

3) Change the message from “you are banned from this thread” to “REJECTED BITCH”
    stay away from sharp objects

that cranium is so inflated it will pop very easily

25. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

26. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-28-2019)

27. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,013 Times in 6,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Poor guy. He goes to the moderated forum, where everyone should be essentially neutered in their responses, and he has to ban the opposition, so he can dick around. He's kind of like the old man, yelling at kids to get off his lawn. He just wants to attempt to troll liberals, because he's butthurt, and can't do much else.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

iolo (01-31-2019)

29. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,240 Times in 7,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

What do you think?
    If you limited your threads to "just one idiot"...

...nobody would ever be there but you.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Rune (02-01-2019)