Members banned from this thread: Truth Detector and CFM

Thread: Meghan McCain explains why she doesn't call herself a Republican anymore

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Default Meghan McCain explains why she doesn't call herself a Republican anymore

Won't be much longer until all decent, civilized, educated people are too embarrassed to be associated with the deplorable knuckle-draggers and droolers of the Repugnant Party and either become independents or conservative Democrats.

Welcome to the big tent!!!!!

Meghan McCain: 'View' co-host explains why she doesn't call herself a Republican anymore

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...re/2694603002/

Meghan McCain says she has a hard time calling herself a Republican as long as Donald Trump is in the White House. However, the "View" co-host and daughter of the late Sen. John McCain stresses that doesn't mean she's abandoned conservatism.

In a Saturday interview on CNN's "The Van Jones Show," McCain, 34, said, "I'm still a member of the Republican party and I vote a Republican ticket. But Republicanism is so tied up with being for Trump."

At the same time, she said, "I'm not a 'Never Trumper.' Trump didn’t melt my brain. I can still see the forest for the trees and it didn't expunge all my conservative principles out of me."

Conservative fans of "The View" don't need to worry about confusing McCain with Joy Behar or Whoopi Goldberg, though.

"I'm not a liberal and I think it would be intellectually dishonest for me to go on TV and start espousing beliefs I don't believe in."

"We're so outnumbered," she said of mainstream Republicans. "I think something like 80 percent of Republicans support President Trump. Maybe they're doing it because they don't have another option but I think the populist Trump brand really has taken over, which is why there's this sort of no-mans-land that I'm in because I didn't become a Never Trump-er, either."

The Republican party under Trump, she said, is "not what I recognize anymore. Its character seems to be gone. Growing up, my father was, like, militant about character. Now it seems like lying is OK. Stealing, it's a little nebulous. I don't think those are American characteristics. And it scares me – a lot."

The debate over President Trump's proposed border wall has reinforced her sense of other-ness.

"Sometimes I feel like when I hear, 'Anyone who supports the wall is racist,' it's a trigger for me because I know people who are not racist who support the wall," she said. She urged her liberal friends and co-workers to see the perspective of someone in Arizona "who has seen the impact of illegal immigration or who sees a liberal on TV talking about how great sanctuary cities are and thinks, 'That's crazy.' "

The notion that all Republicans are racist is especially rankling to McCain, whose adopted sister Bridget is from Bangladesh.

"Of all the things I've ever been accused of, (being called a racist) is the most deeply hurtful,' she told Jones. "There was a very famous political moment in 2000 when my father was running (for the Republican presidential nomination) when Karl Rove had a whisper campaign done saying my father had an illegitimate black child, who is my sister Bridget," she recounted. "So at a very young age, I had to reconcile (Republicanism and race)."

At the end of the day, she said, "I'm just here to ask questions, to represent where I come from, to represent my party. I'm here to represent my family. If people don't like it, they can replace me. 'The View' is a rotating seat – it's like having a residency in Vegas."
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Here's the important part:"I'm still a member of the Republican party and I vote a Republican ticket." Trump is probably not her dream president, but she's doing what she thinks is best for the country
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 166 Times in 142 Posts
    Blog Entries

Someone should tell Meghan that her beloved president Reagan told Gorbachev to 'TEAR DOWN THIS WALL'. If the Berlin wall was so bad - according to Reagan and the republican party, then why is a border wall in the USA so fucking great?

Liberals vote for policies that are good for the country. Republicans vote for policies that are good for the republican party. And today's republicans only vote for policies that are good for trump and his family.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lisasanders1964 View Post
    Someone should tell Meghan that her beloved president Reagan told Gorbachev to 'TEAR DOWN THIS WALL'. If the Berlin wall was so bad - according to Reagan and the republican party, then why is a border wall in the USA so fucking great?

Liberals vote for policies that are good for the country. Republicans vote for policies that are good for the republican party. And today's republicans only vote for policies that are good for trump and his family.
    the stupid is strong in this one.
    Berlin Wall kept them enslaved in East Germany. Southern border barrier is to stop illegal immigration INTO the USA

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

anonymoose (01-28-2019)

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Megyn has john McCain's commie dna, she is a lefty.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Fuck her

I hope her daddy’s glioblastoma is hereditary

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts