I did not read about Patricia Morison’s passing in May:

Born: March 19, 1915 in New York City, New York, USA
Died: May 20, 2018 (age 103) in Los Angeles, CA, USA

A few months ago I was reminded of her when I happen to surf into this 1945 movie:

I remembered her from a few movies I saw as a kid, so I looked her up. My wife always remembered her because she was 12 years old when her mother took her to see Kiss Me Kate on Broadway:

During the war years, Patricia had trained her voice and performed in USO tours. Cole Porter heard her sing in Hollywood one evening and decided she had the right tenacity, feistiness and vocal expertise to play the female lead in his new show. In 1948, over the objections of both the producer and director, stardom was clenched in the form of Porter's classic musical-within-a-musical "Kiss Me Kate." As the sweeping, vixenish Lilli Vanessi, a severe-looking stage diva whose own volatile personality coincided with that of her onstage role (Kate from "The Taming of the Shrew"), Patricia found THE role of her career, giving over 1,000 performances in all. Playing again alongside her former Broadway co-star Alfred Drake, Patricia basked in the multitude of glowing reviews, and such songs as "I Hate Men," "Wonderbar" and "So In Love" rightfully became signature songs. Following this triumph, film work never became a top priority again.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0605685/..._=nm_ov_bio_sm

This song is one of my wife’s favorites:

I hope a few old-timers enjoyed my walk down memory lane.