Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BuzzFeed Hits Back, Publishes Evidence of Trump Tower Moscow Plans - Oh my!!

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    No that Scent you're Smelling is Trump's Colon after Putin is done Screwing him ... maybe it's time you get a better view.
    Awwwww.....snowflake's triggered! Your tears bring me the greatest of joys....and always remember.....

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    You replied to the wrong post.....just saying.
    OK. Not sure how I managed that, but I admit my error freely.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Awwwww.....snowflake's triggered! Your tears bring me the greatest of joys....and always remember.....

I'm not the one trying to make excuses for someone under investigation
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Seriously, Damo should charge me money for the entertainment leftist idiots provide me.

Thanks for the laughs nimrods

5. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.3 For This Post:

Truth Detector (01-23-2019)

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oneuli View Post
    It's interesting that the Trumpsters routinely rely on false statements that they should know will shortly be proven false. I think that's something new in American politics. Politicians have always lied frequently, but they tended to go with lies that they could reasonably wager wouldn't be definitively shown to be a lie (e.g., Clinton's lie about not having sexual relations with Lewinsky), even if they sometimes bet wrong, or they'd go with lies that, by their nature, were mushy enough that definitive debunkings would be impossible (e.g., lying about their true motivations for an action -- which unless they stupidly left a contrary smoking-gun memo, is going to be impossible to contradict definitively). But the Trumpsters regularly say things that are definitively false and that they should realize will soon be shown to be definitively false.

I guess it comes down to the hubris of the conservative media bubble. For the first time in American political history, a party can be confident that the large majority of their base gets their news almost entirely from captive media operations that dutifully filter and spin things to the party's benefit. So, even if their lies are promptly and clearly debunked, most of those they need for support won't hear about the debunking at all, or will only hear it in such a heavily spun way that they won't even realize what they're hearing. This creates a news set of incentives where there is little downside for even the most shameless lying.
    This might win as the most ironic post of the year.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Superfreak For This Post:

Truth Detector (01-23-2019)

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,243 Times in 13,968 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oneuli View Post
    It's interesting that the Trumpsters routinely rely on false statements that they should know will shortly be proven false. I think that's something new in American politics. Politicians have always lied frequently, but they tended to go with lies that they could reasonably wager wouldn't be definitively shown to be a lie (e.g., Clinton's lie about not having sexual relations with Lewinsky), even if they sometimes bet wrong, or they'd go with lies that, by their nature, were mushy enough that definitive debunkings would be impossible (e.g., lying about their true motivations for an action -- which unless they stupidly left a contrary smoking-gun memo, is going to be impossible to contradict definitively). But the Trumpsters regularly say things that are definitively false and that they should realize will soon be shown to be definitively false.

I guess it comes down to the hubris of the conservative media bubble. For the first time in American political history, a party can be confident that the large majority of their base gets their news almost entirely from captive media operations that dutifully filter and spin things to the party's benefit. So, even if their lies are promptly and clearly debunked, most of those they need for support won't hear about the debunking at all, or will only hear it in such a heavily spun way that they won't even realize what they're hearing. This creates a news set of incentives where there is little downside for even the most shameless lying.
    I believe a particular past President put it best, "when they're caught in a lie they just double down and lie some more"

Actually it is all part of Trump's shtick, he's been doing it unsuccessfully in NYC for decades, muddle the facts enough so no one knows what is real, although this time, as you point out, it is orchestrated with an entire media entity.

Threatens any democracy, but I think the majority of Americans have reached the point with Trump that they know he is lying in just about anything he says and the media outlets he employs are fetching his water

9. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

kudzu (01-23-2019)

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,243 Times in 13,968 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    But I see in response you failed to offer any content showing how it is wrong

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    I'm not the one trying to make excuses for someone under investigation
    Trump isn't under investigation. Where do you get these moronic lies snowflake?
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Most of OhLoony's posts would win that award.

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    I believe a particular past President put it best, "when they're caught in a lie they just double down and lie some more"

Actually it is all part of Trump's shtick, he's been doing it unsuccessfully in NYC for decades, muddle the facts enough so no one knows what is real, although this time, as you point out, it is orchestrated with an entire media entity.

Threatens any democracy, but I think the majority of Americans have reached the point with Trump that they know he is lying in just about anything he says and the media outlets he employs are fetching his water
    And yet, what we are finding out is that the biggest liars are loons on the left and the media. This Buzzfeed and how the FAKE media glomed onto it without any facts is the best example.

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I see in your post you are a failure and suffer from in incredibly low IQ.

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...22#post2845722

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    uh oh girl scouts..........your daddy works for Putin!!

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/01...cow-plans.html

You should post the text..........
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

I said it is ironic. Given that we have seen countless left wing media reports shouting 'This is IT!' and then find out quickly that they lied yet again. How many threads did we see from left wingers here on the 'Trump told Cohen to lie!'???

Then we move on to the biased left wing crap where they lashed out at kids, only to find out once again that they were wrong.

This has happened continuously the last couple of years. The left wing media is becoming more and more desperate to find 'IT'.

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

I said it is ironic. Given that we have seen countless left wing media reports shouting 'This is IT!' and then find out quickly that they lied yet again. How many threads did we see from left wingers here on the 'Trump told Cohen to lie!'???

Then we move on to the biased left wing crap where they lashed out at kids, only to find out once again that they were wrong.

This has happened continuously the last couple of years. The left wing media is becoming more and more desperate to find 'IT'.
    Wrong again, Nancy. Only you RW Trumpanzees parrot the trite “This is it” bullshit.

Cohen either lied on his own or somebody suborned his perjury. Mueller brought him back and had him plead guilty when even Congress wasn’t interested. And added nothing on to his sentence.

Now, why do you think that is, Einstein? Or are you too stupid to figure that out as well?

“The information provided by Cohen about the Moscow Project in these proffer sessions is consistent with and corroborated by other information obtained in the course of the [special counsel's] investigation."

“The defendant, without prompting by the SCO, also corrected other false and misleading statements that he had made concerning his outreach to and contacts with Russian officials during the course of the campaign. For example, in a radio interview in September 2015, the defendant suggested that [Trump] meet with the President of Russia in New York City during his visit for the United Nations General Assembly. When asked previously about these events, the
    defendant claimed his public comments had been spontaneous and had not been discussed within the campaign or the Company. During his proffer sessions, the defendant admitted that this account was false and that ��he had in fact conferred with Trump about contacting the Russian government before reaching out to gauge Russia’s interest in such a meeting. The meeting ultimately did not take place.”

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/18/polit...ngs/index.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...en-filing.html