Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ice Sheet Hit a Tipping Point': Greenland Melting Even Faster Than Feared

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Is he the one advising Trump about saving the coal industry?
    Stupid ignorant racist cunt. He was nominated by Presidents George W. Bush and Obama to serve on the National Science Board, which governs the National Science Foundation. He has also testified as an expert witness in aircraft accidents and founded a company, Weather Decision Technologies Inc.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    That's nice. But you didn't answer the question.
    "So what difference will it make if we get a leader who understands the situation?"

That was my answer:

"The situation is: human-caused climate change is real; and we need to take aggressive measures to mitigate the damage we have unwittingly caused prior to fully understanding the consequences. A leader who understands this would carefully guide us through this very serious threat to our habitat."

Since we have a leader who does not even admit anything should be done, the difference is immense. We want the leader who understands the situation.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Frank Apisa (01-23-2019)

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think so.
    If we assassinate or impeach the Fat Nazi, replace him with Pence and a mess somewhere will be tidied up.
    Maybe Pence is dirty and impeachable too. Then we would get Pelosi.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-23-2019)

6. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

Before solving a problem the problem has to be clearly defined. I hope you can at least understand that.
    Rational folks can agree there is climate change. That's about it. We (meaning most everyone on any side of the issue) don't agree on is how much of a problem this is. If it's a problem, nobody has ever shown how much human contribution has cause this "problem".
    You don't sound very decisive with that "if". No worries, I'm not convinced either. The last one we had was Obama, for eight yrs. and he didn't do much. I see as many folks driving cars as ever.
    I agree. And the planet will continue to move towards more renewable energy no matter who the president is. As long as there's interest there will be a market for it. And there's nothing wrong with govt. grants for research into renewable nrg technology.
    But extremist measures like "cash for clunkers" and pissing money away on pie in the sky Solyndras is plain stupid.
    Your side is dwindling.

"Americans’ concerns about climate change have surged to record levels, new polling shows, following a year marked by devastating storms, wildfires and increasingly dire warnings from scientists.

Greenland's ice melting faster than scientists previously thought – study

A total of 72% of polled Americans now say global warming is personally important to them, according to the Yale program on climate change communication. This is the highest level of concern since Yale starting polling the question in 2008.

Overall, 73% of Americans accept that global warming is happening, outnumbering those who don’t by five to one. This acceptance has strengthened in recent years, rising by 10% since March 2015. The proportion that grasps that humans are the primary cause of warming is smaller, with 62% understanding this to be the case."

The Guardian:
    Americans’ climate change concerns surge to record levels, poll shows Total of 72% polled now say global warming is personally important to them, Yale said, as 73% accept it is happening

7. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,490 Times in 7,581 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Maybe Pence is dirty and impeachable too. Then we would get Pelosi.
    And she's gonna give us cooler weather???

8. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,304 Times in 10,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,916 Times in 4,232 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Stupid ignorant racist cunt. He was nominated by Presidents George W. Bush and Obama to serve on the National Science Board, which governs the National Science Foundation. He has also testified as an expert witness in aircraft accidents and founded a company, Weather Decision Technologies Inc.

That just went completely over your head, fucktard.

The point being, stupid shit, is that it doesn’t matter if Trump’s science advisor is Albert Fucking Einstein. Trump is too fucking stupid to either understand or take an informed person’s advice.

9. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

Your side is dwindling.

"Americans’ concerns about climate change have surged to record levels, new polling shows, following a year marked by devastating storms, wildfires and increasingly dire warnings from scientists.

A total of 72% of polled Americans now say global warming is personally important to them, according to the Yale program on climate change communication. This is the highest level of concern since Yale starting polling the question in 2008.

Overall, 73% of Americans accept that global warming is happening, outnumbering those who don’t by five to one. This acceptance has strengthened in recent years, rising by 10% since March 2015. The proportion that grasps that humans are the primary cause of warming is smaller, with 62% understanding this to be the case."

The Guardian:
    Americans’ climate change concerns surge to record levels, poll shows Total of 72% polled now say global warming is personally important to them, Yale said, as 73% accept it is happening
    Another ignorant twat that doesn't understand the difference between weather and climate, or indeed, the role that natural variation plays.

10. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That just went completely over your head, fucktard.

The point being, stupid shit, is that it doesn’t matter if Trump’s science advisor is Albert Fucking Einstein. Trump is too fucking stupid to either understand or take an informed person’s advice.
    I took your point and shoved it up your arse, racist cunt!!

11. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    So Greenland is finally going to become green. And you still bitch........
    Actually, it used to be green. That's how it got its name. It didn't always have glaciers. It was much warmer in the tenth century, when Eric the red started a Viking colony. There was extensive agriculture back then. Silly tree hugging climate chumps are simply plain stupid.

http://www.localhistories.org/greenland.html

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Grugore For This Post:

13. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    I took your point and shoved it up your arse, racist cunt!!
    Since it went over your head, I’ll ask again, dumbfuck.

Is he the one advising Trump about saving the coal industry?

“Arse”

14. The Following User Groans At domer76 For This Awful Post:

15. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grugore View Post
    Actually, it used to be green. That's how it got its name. It didn't always have glaciers. It was much warmer in the tenth century, when Eric the red started a Viking colony. There was extensive agriculture back then. Silly tree hugging climate chumps are simply plain stupid.

Thanks. I knew that. Was just joking around. Always good to have reliable resources though!

16. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grugore View Post

They named it Greenland as a marketing ploy in hopes to get people to settle there, not because the whole damn place was green. Tell us where you got the idea of “extensive” agriculture.

17. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,490 Times in 7,581 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

Your side is dwindling.
    I have no side. Once AGW becomes a bona fide theory and not a hypothesis and Al Gore's prophesies start to be realized, I'm all in. Until then I'm open to the possibility .
    A year marked by devastating storms, wildfires and increasingly dire warnings from scientists? I first started noticing this about 20 yrs. ago. Then it really got going with Al Gore's fantasy flick.
    Uh oh. What happens next? The sky falls?
    I can honestly say I've never met a soul that claimed GW was important to them. It certainly isn't important to me.
    Overall, 73% of Americans accept that global warming is happening
    count me in.
    outnumbering those who don’t by five to one. This acceptance has strengthened in recent years, rising by 10% since March 2015. The proportion that grasps that humans are the primary cause of warming is smaller, with 62% understanding this to be the case."
    Which is fine but that doesn't make it so. Polls don't make something true, scientific verification does. Which is fine but that doesn't make it so. Polls don't make something true, scientific verification does.
    Last edited by anonymoose; 01-23-2019 at 05:06 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

19. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Thanks. I knew that. Was just joking around. Always good to have reliable resources though!
    I was just pointing out the fact that the tenth century was warmer than it is today, and the world wasn't destroyed. The glaciers we have now we're caused,in whole or in part, by volcanic activity. It caused a mini ice age along with the year without a Summer, when many people froze or starved to death. All of this occurred because of a less than one degree centigrade drop in temperatures. There is no evidence of warmer weather causing similar catastrophe.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Grugore For This Post:

Sailor (01-23-2019)

21. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

They named it Greenland as a marketing ploy in hopes to get people to settle there, not because the whole damn place was green. Tell us where you got the idea of “extensive” agriculture.
    Lacking on history I see. As well as everything else. Midget.