Members banned from this thread: Blackwater Lunchbreak, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Into the Night, Enlightened One, Anarchon, artichoke and Bobb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Putin Offered Free Penthouse Worth $50 MILLION Atop Moscow Trump Tower As Bribe

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Putin Offered Free Penthouse Worth $50 MILLION Atop Moscow Trump Tower As Bribe

But there was 'no collusion.'

-rolling eyes-

"One idea considered for the proposed Trump Tower in Moscow was to offer Russian President Vladimir Putin the penthouse, according to Felix Sater, who was working on the project with Michael Cohen. Sater, a Russian-born onetime business associate of Trump's, described the concept as a "marketing ploy" and explained that the idea was to try to enhance the value and attraction for buyers by having Putin in the building."

Trump Tower Moscow concept included idea of giving penthouse to Putin

Felix Sater is a dirty guy. He is a criminal who escaped charges by turning evidence.

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

Why would Putin get a free penthouse?

Is that the way business is done in Russia?

Is that the price of a bribe to get a big project approved?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

canceled.2021.1 (01-22-2019)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (01-22-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-22-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

The article already answers the question---they were considering it to increase the price for all the other units in the building. No different than BMW giving celebrities free car leases so when the paparazzi photo them in the BMW other people will want to buy BMW's because that is what all the celebrities drive.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Kacper,

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    The article already answers the question---they were considering it to increase the price for all the other units in the building. No different than BMW giving celebrities free car leases so when the paparazzi photo them in the BMW other people will want to buy BMW's because that is what all the celebrities drive.
    The impropriety of giving a thing of huge value to the Russian President in order to make a Moscow deal go through is inescapable.

Especially if this is being negotiated during a political campaign for the profit of the would-be US President.

It is abuse of power. This is not why we elect leaders. Not to make them rich and subservient to foreign nations.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 01-22-2019 at 11:17 AM. Reason: typo
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (01-22-2019), kudzu (01-22-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-22-2019)

9. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,728 Times in 27,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

many of the right wing posters here are not real humans

they are hired posters

it is why they show NO evidence of morality, sense or compassion for others.

Do not let their attempts to make you believe many real Americans are like they appear to be

the real base of trump is a brainwashed rabble of fox viewers

they will peel away from trump when Fox news tell them to.

Fox news needs to die

10. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

11. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Who would turn down a Free Penthouse?
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

12. The Following User Groans At Bourbon For This Awful Post:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

evince (01-22-2019)

14. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    But there was 'no collusion.'

-rolling eyes-

"One idea considered for the proposed Trump Tower in Moscow was to offer Russian President Vladimir Putin the penthouse, according to Felix Sater, who was working on the project with Michael Cohen. Sater, a Russian-born onetime business associate of Trump's, described the concept as a "marketing ploy" and explained that the idea was to try to enhance the value and attraction for buyers by having Putin in the building."

Trump Tower Moscow concept included idea of giving penthouse to Putin

Felix Sater is a dirty guy. He is a criminal who escaped charges by turning evidence.

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

Why would Putin get a free penthouse?

Is that the way business is done in Russia?

Is that the price of a bribe to get a big project approved?
    Actually, that is quite clever. .. but we need a statesman not a Real Estate Marketing guy.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

15. The Following User Groans At kudzu For This Awful Post:

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

evince (01-22-2019)

17. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,313 Times in 53,224 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

True. I doubt if anyone would have blinked if the deal to Putin had been proferred by Toadstool or any other real estate builder who was not President or running for President. Private citizens can legally do things like that, that are unethical and possibly illegal for elected ppl to do. There's a difference. We have enough corruption and taint in govt. now; why would we want more?

18. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

evince (01-22-2019)

20. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,242 Times in 2,335 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Oh crap! Evidence that Trump colluded with Putin to build a damn hotel! Alert the special council!
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

22. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Kacper,

The impropriety of giving a thing of huge value to the Russian President in order to make a Moscow deal go through is inescapable.

Especially if this is being negotiated during a political campaign for the profit of the would-be US President.

It is abuse of power. This is not why we elect leaders. Not to make the rich and subservient to foreign nations.
    He held no public office in America at the time and this did not happen in the US but in Moscow. It also did not happen and was only considered. It also is not that far afield of what does happen in the US. My local government paid me $10K just for an option to purchase a piece of property I own at a set price within 6 month in order to have it to put on the table to facilitate the private conversion of a pretty large older building from office space to condominiums. They were unable to pre-sell enough condominium units to go forward with the project so I got to keep my land and their $10K These types of projects have lots of dynamics, pressures, angles to cover and often are contingent on the ability to sell the stuff before the deal is officially inked. In my case, it was because they needed the land to have a place to off-street park owners' vehicles via a valet service for the building.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

24. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post

they are hired posters

Do not let their attempts to make you believe many real Americans are like they appear to be

Fox news needs to die
    I disagree with the last part.

We need to have freedom of speech, and we need to hear all views.

Diversity is viewpoints makes America great.

We of higher morals simply need to speak out more often for what is right.

25. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post

they are hired posters

Fox news needs to die
    I don't believe that they are hired posters. I think they are authentically stupid.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

26. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-22-2019)

27. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez,

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    Oh crap! Evidence that Trump colluded with Putin to build a damn hotel! Alert the special council!
    Do you get the concept behind the emoluments clause?

28. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He held no public office in America at the time and this did not happen in the US but in Moscow. It also did not happen and was only considered. It also is not that far afield of what does happen in the US. My local government paid me $10K just for an option to purchase a piece of property I own at a set price within 6 month in order to have it to put on the table to facilitate the private conversion of a pretty large older building from office space to condominiums. They were unable to pre-sell enough condominium units to go forward with the project so I got to keep my land and their $10K These types of projects have lots of dynamics, pressures, angles to cover and often are contingent on the ability to sell the stuff before the deal is officially inked. In my case, it was because they needed the land to have a place to off-street park owners' vehicles via a valet service for the building.
    Not the same thing.

And here's the rub.

If there was no impropriety in trying to set up this bribe, why did Trump tell Cohen to lie about it?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-22-2019)

30. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Not the same thing.
    Then you know nothing of how development works.

And here's the rub.

If there was no impropriety in trying to set up this bribe, why did Trump tell Cohen to lie about it?
    Mueller has already said buzzfeed lied about this. Why do you cling to lies?

31. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Kacper,

Mueller has already said buzzfeed lied about this. Why do you cling to lies?
    Cohen testified as a part of his plea deal that Individual One told him to lie to Congress to hide the Moscow Trump Tower details from the public. Was this to avoid being charged under the emoluments clause?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (01-22-2019)