Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: If walls are really immoral

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,874 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 202 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    It's only "irrelevant:; because you are in lockstep with Pelosi and Schumer and you asinine reference to "gold leaf" shows that you have no desire to discuss this.
    As you know, I do have a desire to discuss it. That's why I reply in detail to your arguments, rather than collapsing into a pathetic puddle and just claiming it's "word salad" to try to cover for my lack of a substantive response.

Are you saying that a 30 foot steel wall WILL NOT deter any of the illegals from entering the US??
    No. I expect some small portion of the undocumented migrants will be deterred.... for example, those among them who are both acrophobics and claustrophobics, such that both climbing a ladder and going into a tunnel are too daunting.... especially if they're also aquaphobics and aerophobics, such that just coming by water or plane isn't going to work. But, I can think of better ways to have my hard-earned tax dollars spent than a $70 billion boondoggle that might deter a tiny handful of migrants. There's a reason that this idea of a border-long wall has never been pursued in hundreds of years of having that border in place, even in periods with much higher rates of illegal crossing. It's a stupid-ass idea. It's just that now that the Right's God King has proposed it, they're insisting that we're all supposed to pretend it makes sense.

2. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Half of the illegals come her with a visa.
    And that can then be addressed, after we concentrate on those entering illegally "on foot"; because I have a solution for those arriving on and then over staying their Visas.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

3. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oneuli View Post
    As you know, I do have a desire to discuss it. That's why I reply in detail to your arguments, rather than collapsing into a pathetic puddle and just claiming it's "word salad" to try to cover for my lack of a substantive response.

No. I expect some small portion of the undocumented migrants will be deterred.... for example, those among them who are both acrophobics and claustrophobics, such that both climbing a ladder and going into a tunnel are too daunting.... especially if they're also aquaphobics and aerophobics, such that just coming by water or plane isn't going to work. But, I can think of better ways to have my hard-earned tax dollars spent than a $70 billion boondoggle that might deter a tiny handful of migrants. There's a reason that this idea of a border-long wall has never been pursued in hundreds of years of having that border in place, even in periods with much higher rates of illegal crossing. It's a stupid-ass idea. It's just that now that the Right's God King has proposed it, they're insisting that we're all supposed to pretend it makes sense.
    Then let's discuss it, without you making references like "acrophobics and claustrophobics", "wrapping your house in gold leaf", a "tiny handful of migrants", and things like "the Right's God King"; because that really doesn't show a "desire" to talk, it just shows that you want to denigrate opposing ideas.

4. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

And that can then be addressed, after we concentrate on those entering illegally "on foot"; because I have a solution for those arriving on and then over staying their Visas.
    You dont have shit, and trump has no wall. It makes me so please when your kind fails once again. Do you get tired of losing?

5. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You dont have shit, and trump has no wall. It makes me so please when your kind fails once again. Do you get tired of losing?
    What a great rebuttal.

NOT

6. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

What a great rebuttal.

NOT
    Thank you

7. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Thank you
    You're welcome.

NOT

8. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,874 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 202 Times in 195 Posts

Then let's discuss it, without you making references like "acrophobics and claustrophobics", "wrapping your house in gold leaf", a "tiny handful of migrants", and things like "the Right's God King"; because that really doesn't show a "desire" to talk, it just shows that you want to denigrate opposing ideas.
    Look, I get it. You don't like your foolishness pointed out, so those points hurt your feelings. Here's the thing though: I don't care. It's simply not my job to protect you from the realization of your own shortcomings. If you want to talk about the issue, gird your loins and wade into the discussion. Don't expect to be babied. I don't nerf my arguments.

9. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oneuli View Post
    Look, I get it. You don't like your foolishness pointed out, so those points hurt your feelings. Here's the thing though: I don't care. It's simply not my job to protect you from the realization of your own shortcomings. If you want to talk about the issue, gird your loins and wade into the discussion. Don't expect to be babied. I don't nerf my arguments.
    Another one bites the dust
    And another one gone, and another one gone
    Hey, I'm gonna get you, too

10. #190 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Badguy View Post
    Because we already paid for that barrier. Mexico is supposed to pay for the new stuff.
    Morality is based on costs?