Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: CORTEZ ..WORLD ENDING IN 12 YEARS!

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    She is a young, Latina elected to congress...who seems to be stirring up people who are able to tolerate one of the most disgusting, ignorant, classless boors ever to visit the Oval Office, let alone sit there as president.

She has my admiration.

I am laughing at the people allowing her to trigger her so.
    You just don't seem to get it, she is a bellwether for the appalling type of progressive airheads in the Democratic Party now.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,254 Times in 7,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    You just don't seem to get it, she is a bellwether for the appalling type of progressive airheads in the Democratic Party now.
    I'm not a Democrat...but if this country is to survive with any honor left at all...the Democratic Party has got to take full control of government.

The Republicans...ESPECIALLY the American conservative Republicans...have absolutely no idea of how to govern. And despite the fact that some people on the right seem to think "less government is better"...they are wrong. The country needs to be governed...and the governing has to be done by people who know how to do it.

AOC does represent a leftward movement in American politics...and if ever there has been a nation that NEEDS a leftward movement...OUR NATION IS THAT NATION.

Said another way: YOU are the one who does not get it. Your day is done. You had the chance...and blew it big time. Now you are going to have to count on the courts to do what you people should have been doing all along. The Republican Party SHOULD have been the loyal opposition...keeping excesses of the left in check.. Now you've ceded that to the courts. You'd all better pray that this group Trump is putting in sticks with the idiocy of the American right.

That is not a sure thing.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    I'm not a Democrat...but if this country is to survive with any honor left at all...the Democratic Party has got to take full control of government.

The Republicans...ESPECIALLY the American conservative Republicans...have absolutely no idea of how to govern. And despite the fact that some people on the right seem to think "less government is better"...they are wrong. The country needs to be governed...and the governing has to be done by people who know how to do it.

AOC does represent a leftward movement in American politics...and if ever there has been a nation that NEEDS a leftward movement...OUR NATION IS THAT NATION.

Said another way: YOU are the one who does not get it. Your day is done. You had the chance...and blew it big time. Now you are going to have to count on the courts to do what you people should have been doing all along. The Republican Party SHOULD have been the loyal opposition...keeping excesses of the left in check.. Now you've ceded that to the courts. You'd all better pray that this group Trump is putting in sticks with the idiocy of the American right.

That is not a sure thing.
    Oh dear, you're such a melodramatic chap, aren't you? Oh, and can I remind you once again that I live in England!

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,254 Times in 7,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Oh dear, you're such a melodramatic chap, aren't you? Oh, and can I remind you once again that I live in England!
    I apologize. I forgot that you are from England, HM. I should not have phrased my comments as "you"...because you are not part of the American right. I truly hope that the English right is not as much a bunch of assholes as the American right.

In any case, I was wrong...I acknowledge I was...and I apologize.

Hope that wasn't too melodramatic.