Members banned from this thread: Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Into the Night, Enlightened One, Anarchon and artichoke

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow. Was That Ever Some Amazing Football From The NFL Championships Last Night!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Wow. Was That Ever Some Amazing Football From The NFL Championships Last Night!

I was never much of an NFL fan until President Trump said we should boycott the NFL.

That was the moment I became an NFL fan.

And I gotta say wow.

Those two games yesterday. What great games! Both of them went into overtime, first the Rams/Saints, and then the Chiefs/Patriots.

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

And then there were two.

Doesn't look like too many people are boycotting the NFL.

The stands were filled for both games.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #2 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,510 Times in 16,973 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    I was never much of an NFL fan until President Trump said we should boycott the NFL.

And I gotta say wow.

Those two games yesterday. What great games! Both of them went into overtime, first the Rams/Saints, and then the Chiefs/Patriots.

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

And then there were two.

Trump said we should boycott the NFL?
    I must have missed that, do you have a link to that quote?
    As for the games, the officiating left much to be desired in both games.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Tkaffen (01-25-2019)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Trump has an old vendetta against the NFL.. He bought a second tier team and tried to force the NFL to accept them.. They shut him out of football permanently.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

evince (01-21-2019), PoliTalker (01-21-2019)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Trump has an old vendetta against the NFL.. He bought a second tier team and tried to force the NFL to accept them.. They shut him out of football permanently.
    Bullshit.
    Maybe you can show us where Trump said to boycott the NFL?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And I gotta say wow.

And then there were two.

Donald Trump once sued the NFL as an owner of a largely forgotten football team

More than 30 years ago, Donald Trump bought a franchise in the upstart United States Football League.
    He then led his fellow owners to sue the NFL in a high-stakes antitrust case.

The head-on challenge and his ownership of the New Jersey Generals was an early testing ground for the swashbuckling approach that the celebrity businessman-turned-Republican presidential candidate has brought to his 2016 campaign.

"Donald was the big, crazy-spending owner, and the NFL guys were scared to death of him," said Bill Tatham Jr., an owner of the USFL's Arizona Outlaws who came to admire Trump's tactics.

Trump, in an interview Friday with The Associated Press, said his involvement with the league helped it stay alive longer than it would have otherwise, and that his involvement with the team raised his profile.

Before the upstart league, he said, "I was well known, but not really well known. After taxes, I would say I lost $3 million. And I got a billion dollars of free publicity."

The USFL was founded with an explicit goal: avoid fights with the NFL. Thanks to novelty and a few marquee players, most notably the Generals' Hershel Walker, a Heisman Trophy winner, the league got off to a promising start. But by the end of the inaugural 1983 season, enthusiasm had ebbed and some cornerstone franchises were struggling.

continued

https://www.businessinsider.com/dona...m-owner-2016-2
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-21-2019)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Donald Trump once sued the NFL as an owner of a largely forgotten football team

More than 30 years ago, Donald Trump bought a franchise in the upstart United States Football League.
    He then led his fellow owners to sue the NFL in a high-stakes antitrust case.

The head-on challenge and his ownership of the New Jersey Generals was an early testing ground for the swashbuckling approach that the celebrity businessman-turned-Republican presidential candidate has brought to his 2016 campaign.

"Donald was the big, crazy-spending owner, and the NFL guys were scared to death of him," said Bill Tatham Jr., an owner of the USFL's Arizona Outlaws who came to admire Trump's tactics.

Trump, in an interview Friday with The Associated Press, said his involvement with the league helped it stay alive longer than it would have otherwise, and that his involvement with the team raised his profile.

Before the upstart league, he said, "I was well known, but not really well known. After taxes, I would say I lost $3 million. And I got a billion dollars of free publicity."

The USFL was founded with an explicit goal: avoid fights with the NFL. Thanks to novelty and a few marquee players, most notably the Generals' Hershel Walker, a Heisman Trophy winner, the league got off to a promising start. But by the end of the inaugural 1983 season, enthusiasm had ebbed and some cornerstone franchises were struggling.

continued

https://www.businessinsider.com/dona...m-owner-2016-2
    The USFL had no association whatsoever with the NFL.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump's strange history with pro football - money.cnn.com

President Trump is sparring with football. Here's the context you need. ... He eventually got his way, but it turned out to be disastrous. The USFL ended up suing the NFL, accusing the league of ...

https://money.cnn.com/2017/09/23/new...ory/index.html

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

evince (01-21-2019), PoliTalker (01-21-2019)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump calls for NFL owners to fire players protesting during ...

[Donald Trump: NFL ‘football has become soft like ... country gets crossed when someone is told to just ‘shut up and play.’ ... multiplatform editor in The Washington Post sports department ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.437a56c253bb

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

evince (01-21-2019)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The USFL had no association whatsoever with the NFL.
    You can't read, can you?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

evince (01-21-2019)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You can't read, can you?
    I read well. Again, the USFL had no association whatsoever with the NFL.

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

evince (01-21-2019)

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello RB 60,

No, it was in the news in 2017 right after he got elected. He was trying to divert attention away from his Trump University law suit pay off.

I couldn't believe blatant and obvious passer interference did not result in a flag. How could they not SEE that?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello kudzu,

Wow. Never knew. Thanks

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"SOMERSET, N.J. — President Trump on Sunday called for football fans to boycott N.F.L. games unless the league fires or suspends players who refuse to stand for the national anthem, saying that players must “stop disrespecting our flag and country.”

“If NFL fans refuse to go to games until players stop disrespecting our country, you will see change take place fast,” Mr. Trump wrote, on the second weekend morning in a row in which he vented over the issue on social media. “Fire or suspend!”"

Trump Calls for Boycott if N.F.L. Doesn’t Crack Down on Anthem Protests

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,092 Times in 25,663 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

I couldn't believe blatant and obvious passer interference did not result in a flag. How could they not SEE that?
    Nobody could believe that awful call. Even Robey-Coleman said it was pass interference. It makes me wonder if some of these games are fixed.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens