Members banned from this thread: Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Into the Night, Enlightened One, Anarchon and artichoke

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Reverend Martin Luther King Jr Day! Not a peep from President Trump about it.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello kudzu,

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Most US presidents build us up.. They send positive messages about unity and patriotism.. They inspire us to be BETTER.

Trump is very negative and always lashing out at someone... and he's just so vulgar and dishonest.
    President Trump has a way of inspiring the worst in people.

-Even by saying nothing on this important day in our nation's history.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Bill (01-21-2019)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

BINGO! Keep complaining now that he visited MLK grave.

https://kimatv.com/news/nation-world...t-mlk-memorialTrump visits MLK memorial

by The Associated Press

Monday, January 21st 2019

Trump arrived shortly after 11 a.m. to pay his respects on a frigid and windy day.

He was joined by Vice President Mike Pence, who accompanied Trump in laying a wreath at the foot of the memorial statue.

Trump told reporters it was a "great day" and a "beautiful day."

He did not respond to questions about the government shutdown during the short appearance.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-21-2019)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Happy MLK Day, everyone.

He really gave his all to our country.

A President should participate in the celebration of King's life.

Not Trump.

And not even a peep out of him about it.

Instead, a tweet storm about his own accomplishments after two years in office.

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

Honestly, no one I know cares if he ever does ... he'll just make it about him.
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-21-2019)

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^ LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Exhibit "A" ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Looks like he was shamed (or politically pushed) to do something........

Trump tweets MLK Day tribute in wake of criticism

Hours after he was blasted for not holding an event honoring Martin Luther King Jr. at the White House, President Trump tweeted about the civil rights leader.

“Today we celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. for standing up for the self-evident truth Americans hold so dear, that no matter what the color of our skin or the place of our birth, we are all created equal by God. #MLKDay,” Trump wrote on Twitter on Monday.

The posting contained a link to a White House statement from last Friday proclaiming Monday as a federal holiday.

“On this day, I encourage all Americans to recommit themselves to Dr. King’s dream by engaging in acts of service to others, to their community, and to our Nation,” the proclamation said.

Earlier at a National Action Network breakfast honoring King, the Rev. Al Sharpton took Trump to task for not having a public event at the White House.

“There is no official event at the White House to celebrate Martin Luther King Day,” Sharpton said.

“This is an insult to the American people that the president of the United States does not officially recognize or give any ceremony for Dr. King,” he said.

Neither Trump nor Vice President Pence has any public events planned, according to the White House.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/21/trump-...-of-criticism/
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If you could hear Donny talk while he was there;

Trump: so when do you think they'll carve me one?

Pence: when you're Dead.

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bourbon,

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    You KNOW it!

It's too bad the country doesn't have a good leader that people could look up to for some inspirational words on MLK Day.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bourbon,

You KNOW it!

It's too bad the country doesn't have a good leader that people could look up to for some inspirational words on MLK Day.

If they did, they'd just Kill him, they always do.

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 232 Posts

Yes, let's all bow down to the whitewashed conman.

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Stretch,

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    BINGO! Keep complaining now that he visited MLK grave.

https://kimatv.com/news/nation-world...t-mlk-memorialTrump visits MLK memorial

by The Associated Press

Monday, January 21st 2019

Trump arrived shortly after 11 a.m. to pay his respects on a frigid and windy day.

He was joined by Vice President Mike Pence, who accompanied Trump in laying a wreath at the foot of the memorial statue.

Trump told reporters it was a "great day" and a "beautiful day."

He did not respond to questions about the government shutdown during the short appearance.
    Wow. I didn't think he read JPP.

I began this thread, then he did that.

You don't think.... whatever.

We'll get the inspirational words about MLK when we get a President who cares about MLK.

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bourbon,

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    Well, that's true.

I also hope everyone would prefer that we have a proper leader who could show more reverence for the reverend.

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 232 Posts

H
    We'll get the inspirational words about MLK when we get a President who cares about MLK.
    Only lying panderers and ignorant racists care about MLK.

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

MLK Jr. on walls

For here on either side of the wall are God’s children, and no man-made barrier can obliterate that fact.

(in reference to the Berlin wall, 1964)

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bobb View Post

Awww Look, someone's little baby got the School Day Off ...

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Goodbye Bobb,

Quote Originally Posted by Bobb View Post
    PIP violation. Blatant racism.

poof.