Members banned from this thread: evince, ZappasGuitar, Nomad, Mason Michaels, Jade Dragon, Troll, PoliTalker and StoneByStone

Thread: Ancient Civilizations of North America - part deux

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Ancient Civilizations of North America - part deux

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    ^^No humans or hominids of any kind in the Americas prior to the ice age.

According to archeologists and geneticists, homo sapiens arrived in the Americas via a land bridge in the Bering strait about 20,000 years and either migrated down along the Pacific coast, or through the land gap between the Canadian continental ice sheet and the Rockies. DNA proves that indigenous Americans came from Siberia and have a Siberian genetic fingerprint - according to what I have heard from smarter people than me.

Now, if you ask a Republican, the above is all poppycock - and the earth in 6,000 years old and humans started with Adam and Even in the Garden of Eden.

Ice Age = Milankovitch cycles, though still ongoing research into the causes and nature of the ice age. It all reminds me, that I need to do some remedial review on human evolution and the nature of the ice ages.

The bottom line is that while Republican posters here have referred to indigenous people as savages, these native cultures were far more interesting and sophisticated that the primitive "tepee" culture we see in old movies. Carry on.
    So they're not Native Americans; because they immigrated.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Now, if you ask a Republican, the above is all poppycock - and the earth in 6,000 years old ...
    Unlike you I am a Republican and know many of them, and none of us believe what you claim. But by all means, continue with that silly narrative; it says nothing about us but a lot about you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (01-20-2019)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    So they're not Native Americans; because they immigrated.
    Native American Ancestors Came From Asia In Three Migrations

Published Thursday 12 July 2012 By Catharine Paddock PhD

The ancestors of Native American populations from the tip of Chile in the south to Canada in the north, migrated from Asia in at least three waves, according to a new international study published online in Nature this week that involved over 60 investigators in 11 countries in the Americas, plus four in Europe, and Russia.

In what they describe as the most comprehensive survey of genetic diversity in Native Americans so far, the researchers studied variation in Native American DNA sequences. They found that while most Native American populations descend primarily from one migration, there were two later ones that also made a significant genetic contribution.

The first migration, that led to the majority of Native American populations, was of a single group called the "First Americans" that crossed from Asia to America in a land bridge called Beringia, that existed during the ice ages more than 15,000 years ago, say the researchers, whose efforts were co-ordinated by Professor Andres Ruiz-Linares of the department of Genetics, Evolution and Environment at University College London (UCL) in the UK.

The later migrants probably arrived in boats, after the land-bridge disappeared at the end of the ice ages.

continued

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/247747.php

So they were in American long before Genesis.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Native American Ancestors Came From Asia In Three Migrations

Published Thursday 12 July 2012 By Catharine Paddock PhD

The ancestors of Native American populations from the tip of Chile in the south to Canada in the north, migrated from Asia in at least three waves, according to a new international study published online in Nature this week that involved over 60 investigators in 11 countries in the Americas, plus four in Europe, and Russia.

In what they describe as the most comprehensive survey of genetic diversity in Native Americans so far, the researchers studied variation in Native American DNA sequences. They found that while most Native American populations descend primarily from one migration, there were two later ones that also made a significant genetic contribution.

The first migration, that led to the majority of Native American populations, was of a single group called the "First Americans" that crossed from Asia to America in a land bridge called Beringia, that existed during the ice ages more than 15,000 years ago, say the researchers, whose efforts were co-ordinated by Professor Andres Ruiz-Linares of the department of Genetics, Evolution and Environment at University College London (UCL) in the UK.

The later migrants probably arrived in boats, after the land-bridge disappeared at the end of the ice ages.

continued

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/247747.php

So they were in American long before Genesis.
    Which has nothing to do with being "Native Americans".

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Which has nothing to do with being "Native Americans".
    Well, they have been in the Americas long enough to be considered native. What's your issue?
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well, they have been in the Americas long enough to be considered native. What's your issue?
    And so have the majority of the rest of the people in America.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,303 Times in 27,107 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Some indigenous people don't even like the word "Native American" - because even the word "American" is from the Spanish, and has nothing at all to do with indigenous north American cultures.

In Canada, the indigenous people have preferred to be called "First Nations" - they don't even try to use that "Native American" lexicon.

p.s. It is a little creepy that dim-wits who I almost never read or respond to, are nonetheless reading my posts, evidently find my writing interesting, and go out of their way to plagiarize and copy me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

kudzu (01-21-2019)

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Some indigenous people don't even like the word "Native American" - because even the word "American" is from the Spanish, and has nothing at all to do with indigenous north American cultures.

In Canada, the indigenous people have preferred to be called "First Nations" - they don't even try to use that "Native American" lexicon.

p.s. It is a little creepy that dim-wits who I almost never read or respond to, are nonetheless reading my posts, evidently find my writing interesting, and go out of their way to plagiarize and copy me.

I had forgotten the term "First Nations".. I don't know what this obsession is with one upping the other guy to diminish him.