Thread: Gabbard wanders off the reservation: rejects shutdown talking points

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,364 Times in 6,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Iraq spending was off the charts.
    I'm not a Republican, and I despise Shrub and all the fucking neocons around him.
    But they are not just Republicans - Hillary was a neocon -the driving force for bombing Libya.
    And now asshats like Max Boot are getting play by the Dems - then of course Mccain and Rubio for the Pubs
    Who is shrub?

I used to be a registered Republican until Bush Jr. spent $2 trillion on a failed war and then fucked up the economy with his American Dream Downpayment Initiative in 2002 which was aimed at helping approximately "40,000 minority families a year" with their down payment and closing costs. All that did was cause the biggest economic disaster since the Great Depression.

There's not a single Democratic presidential candidate I can see myself voting for although there's no way I could vote for The Fucking Moron in the White House now.
    I'd love to see Romney, Paul, Kasich get the republican nomination. I would also like to see Michael Bloomberg or Mark Cuban run as independents. Regardless, my vote will end up going to the candidate who has the best chance of beating the Fucking Moron in the White House, no matter how liberal they are. Donald Trump is a danger to America.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    Who is shrub?

I used to be a registered Republican until Bush Jr. spent $2 trillion on a failed war and then fucked up the economy with his American Dream Downpayment Initiative in 2002 which was aimed at helping approximately "40,000 minority families a year" with their down payment and closing costs. All that did was cause the biggest economic disaster since the Great Depression.

There's not a single Democratic presidential candidate I can see myself voting for although there's no way I could vote for The Fucking Moron in the White House now.
    I'd love to see Romney, Paul, Kasich get the republican nomination. I would also like to see Michael Bloomberg or Mark Cuban run as independents. Regardless, my vote will end up going to the candidate who has the best chance of beating the Fucking Moron in the White House, no matter how liberal they are. Donald Trump is a danger to America.
    i think he's doing good on the economy and foreign policy both.
    I have absolutely no confidence in "establishment candidates". Cuban is far left progressive.
    Romney strikes me as pure establishment - unable to stand up to China and stuck in Syria

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,364 Times in 6,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    i think he's doing good on the economy and foreign policy both.
    I have absolutely no confidence in "establishment candidates". Cuban is far left progressive.
    Romney strikes me as pure establishment - unable to stand up to China and stuck in Syria
    You think Trump is doing good on the economy? Have you looked at your investment portfolio over the last year?
    President Obama did better than Trump over the same time period and the bottom line is, nobody really knows how much impact a US president has on the economy.

And where are you getting that Cuban is a far left progressive? I don't get that at all.
    Romney is smart and has both business and political experience. His problem is that he's a horrible campaigner. He comes across as being robotic and aloof.

Once again, regardless of the candidates, my vote is going to the candidate that has the best chance of beating The Fucking Moron in the White House.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Beto Omar View Post
    Hawaii congresswoman and Democratic candidate for president Tulsi Gabbard said Sunday that her party’s leadership was not blameless for the partial government shutdown that is now approaching a month, accusing both sides of posturing and refusing to compromise.

“The problem here is that this issue, like so many others in Washington, are being relegated to partisan politics,” she said in an interview on CNN’s “State of the Union."

https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2...mpression=true

Break out the long knives, Democrats—there’s a traitor in your midst lol.

This is why I like this woman even if I disagree with her progressive ideology: she’s not afraid to get out of the box. In this instance she plays Captain Obvious in laying partial blame for the shutdown on the democrats. One has to be a brain stem partisan hack to not recognize that.

But she has to know that even stating the obvious can cost her support in the primaries.
    Well she might have looked at the chance of A reduction in force , 30 days off allows a federal rule to lay off employees . DRAIN THE SWAMP !! Democrats are playing with fire might get burnt !! Peloci & Schumer are fat head bums vacation with pay while Gov. shut down .

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BillyB For This Post:

Darth Omar (01-21-2019)

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Beto Omar View Post
    Hawaii congresswoman and Democratic candidate for president Tulsi Gabbard said Sunday that her party’s leadership was not blameless for the partial government shutdown that is now approaching a month, accusing both sides of posturing and refusing to compromise.

“The problem here is that this issue, like so many others in Washington, are being relegated to partisan politics,” she said in an interview on CNN’s “State of the Union."

https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2...mpression=true

Break out the long knives, Democrats—there’s a traitor in your midst lol.

This is why I like this woman even if I disagree with her progressive ideology: she’s not afraid to get out of the box. In this instance she plays Captain Obvious in laying partial blame for the shutdown on the democrats. One has to be a brain stem partisan hack to not recognize that.

But she has to know that even stating the obvious can cost her support in the primaries.
    She already had to be "re-educated" for her stance on gay marriage, lol.