Members banned from this thread: Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Into the Night, Enlightened One, Anarchon and artichoke

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Had Nothing To Do with THIS and There Is No THIS. Even If I Did Collude It's Not A

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Kacper,

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    You do realize that you spend your time here talking shit about the GOP/Conservatives don't you? You have quite the double standard. "Why my attacks are criticisms. Their responses are insults!!!!!"
    Cheap shot.

I maintain no such double standard. Your characterization is inaccurate. I am not putting down people. Huge error on your part. I am not here to talk about other posters. I argue positions, point out flaws in opposing arguments. I do not believe that all opposing posts are insults, nor have I ever claimed such. I appreciate the conservative position which opposes big government on the basis that the larger an organization, the more dysfunction is inherent.

You're simply defending bad habits. I am saying give those habits a periodic review. I offer a different perspective which can be useful, and should be heard.

I appreciate the beauty of diversity of political viewpoints. It's beautiful that we have conservatives and liberals all mixed in together. All positions need to be heard so we can better evaluate their application. While I personally favor the liberal position on most issues, I don't always. I try to objectively analyze both sides before I logically deduce which is the sensible approach. I can't help it if the approach that makes the most sense is often the liberal one.

I don't simply assume it. I try to think of what is best for the nation. When I hear people arguing for the conservative position, I often hear people concerned about what that issue means to them personally. So if it's about taxes, then they want to pay lower taxes and they don't really care what that does to the federal debt.

I'm trying to be altruistic more than selfish.

What I observe is that the conservative position boils down to selfishness, and lately even more troublingly, hatred. Pure hatred of different others. That's ugly. I don't see how somebody can visit the Statue of Liberty, and want to hate immigrants.

Immigrants built this nation.

Yeah.

Immigrants built that.

Immigrants are our past and immigrants are out future.

Our economy depends on population expansion. We are not having enough babies. What are we going to do about it? It's a problem.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Kacper,

The democrats see him as Pavlov's dog. I see him as the guy who rang the bell.
    Yeah, but the bell he rang was on the door of a whore house.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Kacper,

Yeah we were told by Hillary, Inc., he would have nuked the planet by now if elected. So far, he has done the opposite---met with North Korea and is withdrawing troops from war zones, hasn't looked for a reason to fan cold war flames, and has contemplated whether we need to stay in the military-industrial compact that Nato has become. If you ignore that it was Trump who has done these things, Generic President would seem rather progressive in this doomsday fantasy the left has crafted in their heads.
    We don't feel very secure with an insecure person having a small finger poised over a bigger button than little rocket man.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

See, you suffer the same problem as most American democrats in thinking that intents matter more than actual results/outcomes. Whether he intends to be or not, Trump is not as horrible as people say. History will polish him up.
    Does history put lipstick on pigs?

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-22-2019)

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post
    I suffer from the same problems as most people in the world: I have, in every news bulletin, to listen to the extremely silly rantings of this gluttonous clown. If he has some sort of rational part deeply hidden in the fat, I am pleased to hear it, but I was brought up to look at evidence. And yes, I accept negative evidence, but it is a bit like trusting Guy Fawkes to advance Parliamentary democracy! Faith, Hope, and Charity, these three - but I feel they are all a bit pushed by your current Fuhrer!
    Then turn off the news. It isn't that hard. I am guessing there are episodes of Coronation Street you have missed to catch up on.

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Kacper,

Yeah, but the bell he rang was on the door of a whore house.
    Certainly gets the whores attention when he does.....

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Kacper,

We don't feel very secure with an insecure person having a small finger poised over a bigger button than little rocket man.

Your side is so irrationally emotional nothing will make you feel very secure.

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sure, just look at Jimmy Carter.

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,525 Times in 52,742 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

He keeps saying it because your side keeps bringing up the allegation, like every 5 minutes.
    More like Fox keeps obsessing over it, and that's what gets the Mango Mussolini to tweetin' about it.

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,525 Times in 52,742 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Reagan.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (01-22-2019), domer76 (01-23-2019), PoliTalker (01-22-2019)

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Your side is so irrationally emotional nothing will make you feel very secure.
    No, it is logic based.

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Kacper,

Sure, just look at Jimmy Carter.
    I admire President Carter. He was our last honest President.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

iolo (01-23-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-22-2019)

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He keeps saying it because your side keeps bringing up the allegation, like every 5 minutes.
    Nothing screams guilt more than nonstop proclamations of innocence.

Especially when no charges have even been filed.

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nothing screams guilt more than nonstop proclamations of innocence.

Especially when no charges have even been filed.
    Nothing proclaims disingenuousness than nonstop proclamations of guilt without bothering to have evidence other than buzzfeed articles written by a sketchy reporter.