Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Venturing out into the fray with a single question on governing...

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    It is. Now that we're (allegedly) the grown-ups, we can see that the other grown-ups our age don't always act in inspiring and professional ways. It's almost as though.... they're just like US.
    There is truth in that reflection.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Felex Sanders View Post
    That may be a truth for the present as some see it but I hold out hope and a vision for a grander society. Not in my lifetime perhaps but one day. I truly believe that most humans are decent if given the chance. That is not to say that the rats of the world are not there and will always be there for they are but I believe that is why those of good must contain those who are bad and keep fighting to make the world better.
    The rats of the world are often those who were content with the way things were until somebody else came along and tried to tell them they must be a grander part of a grander scheme. Making other people's problems yours is not a good way to manage the affairs of mankind. Anyway, modern society will be deconstructed. It is just a matter of whether we have a say in how that happens in an orderly fashion or if it is a byproduct of necessity.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

Truth Detector (01-21-2019)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,739 Times in 27,222 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,587 Times in 18,176 Posts
    Blog Entries

As to society, human beings are funny creatures of which I consider myself one in that they repeat their mistakes and idiocies over and over again. One day perhaps this cycle will cease and society will see the error of its past ways but don't hold your breath for it to happen in our lifetime. As to the government doing well, well, the devil, as they say, is in the details. We shall see.
    teaching true history to all is the key

that is why the republican party hates black history being taught and why they want to starve public schools to death

5. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Felex Sanders (01-21-2019)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    The rats of the world are often those who were content with the way things were until somebody else came along and tried to tell them they must be a grander part of a grander scheme. Making other people's problems yours is not a good way to manage the affairs of mankind. Anyway, modern society will be deconstructed. It is just a matter of whether we have a say in how that happens in an orderly fashion or if it is a byproduct of necessity.
    I do not believe it will be de-constructed but rather it will evolve into a society that is all inclusive and compassionate. I would not hope or wish for de-construction but rather using what we have as a foundation to build positive futures for our nation and the world. It is possible with positive and forward thinking minds and hearts.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Felex Sanders For This Post:

evince (01-21-2019)

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    teaching true history to all is the key

that is why the republican party hates black history being taught and why they want to starve public schools to death
    I would like to think that out of every single Republican, Democrat, Independent, Green or what have you that there can be found those who want for our nation and the world the best and not the worst. In every political structure, there are those who would corrupt and misuse power and authority but within this nation, I pray our true and caring, honest and compassionate politicians win the day.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Felex Sanders For This Post:

evince (01-21-2019)

10. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I would like to think that out of every single Republican, Democrat, Independent, Green or what have you that there can be found those who want for our nation and the world the best and not the worst. In every political structure, there are those who would corrupt and misuse power and authority but within this nation, I pray our true and caring, honest and compassionate politicians win the day.
    they already do my friend

the republican party has cheated in elections for decades

it is all court documented

Cold hard court documented right up to the SCOTUS

I can give you all the proof and have been handing it out here for over a decade

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenna...er_for_Justice

The Brennan Center for Justice at New York University Law School is a law and public policy institute.[2][3][4][5][6] The organization is named after Supreme Court Justice William J. Brennan.
    The Brennan Center advocates for a number of progressive public policy positions, including raising the minimum wage, opposing voter ID laws, and calling for public funding of elections.[7][8] The organization opposed the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Citizens United v. FEC, which held that the First Amendment prohibits the government from restricting independent political expenditures by nonprofits.[6][9]
    The Center's stated mission is to "work to hold our political institutions and laws accountable to the twin American ideals of democracy and equal justice for all."[10] The organization's president is Michael Waldman, former director of speechwriting for President Bill Clinton.

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

...How do you believe the present administration and majority party are doing in the cabinet, administration and the legislative bodies as far as governing is concerned? In other words is our government on the right track or the wrong track?
    Well; lets see.....economy booming, unemployment at a four decade low, minority unemployment at an all time low, working participation on the uptick, GDP averaging 3%, lower tax rates, lower corporate tax rates, talking with NK about disarming, forcing unfair trading partners to trade fairly......and finally, forcing the Democratic Party of the Jackass to get something done for border security.

In addition, Trump has done what no President has done in the past; exposed the raw sore that is liberal lies and hypocrisy and the media's complicity with the DNC.

This administration is doing GREAT!
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gotcha68 View Post
    Rich people are doing well. The Stock Market says so, most days.

The average American, not so much though many will argue this because they don't understand yet the true ramifications of Trump's tax cut for the rich.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I have not seen much in the way of governing for some years now.

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

https://www.brennancenter.org/search...nsent%20decree

DNC v. RNC Consent Decree
    ... predominantly African-American and Latino neighborhoods, the Republican National Committee and New Jersey Republican State Committee entered into a consent decree with their Democratic party counterparts. Under that decree and its 1987 successor, the Republican ...
    Voting Newsletter: Obama Urges Voting Reform in Inaugural, the Case for Modernization, and more
    ... U.S. Supreme Court “turned down a plea by the national Republican Party to free it from a three-decades-old court order that limits its rights to ...
    Voter Suppression Incidents 2008
    ... voters. Ohio . On September 26, 2008, the Ohio Republican Party asked a federal court to issue an emergency ruling requiring the ...
    Brennan Center Announces “Double Vote” Settlement, Victory for Minor Parties and Voters
    ... discriminatory New York State policy for counting political party votes. The Conservative Party and the Working Families Party were ... Under the state’s policy, the major (e.g. Democratic, Republican) party gets the full vote and the minor party (e.g. Conservative, ...
    Reported Instances of Voter Caging
    ... who would register and vote.[11] 1981 In 1981, the Republican National Committee sent mailings to New Jersey voters in ... entered into a consent decree with their Democratic party counterparts, prohibiting most racially targeted voter caging. In the …

just a taste

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    I've never really been so embarrassed with our politics. The W years were rough with economy issues, and war, but it's like we elected the problem child now. Douchebaggery is the newest political tactic, and it really seems cult like with Trump. I remember the condemnation given to others, for things they couldn't care less about with Trump. I don't think his faithful care what he does.

17. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Jack

1. I support Trump and his dealings with China and their cyber-theft. They represent a mercantilist Ethno-State that plans on World Economic Superiority in the Future.

(I also believe that our security must be maintained regarding cyber, patents and other intellectual properties.)

2. I don't support his pullout of Troops from Syria. It's like snatching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory.

(I do not support that either. Finish what you start and never leave an ally without backup.)

3. I've always been concerned about him looking at the Presidency as more a 'Money-Making Operation' than as 'Service to the Country'.

(I agree.)
    Try hitting the reply with quote feature. It will make your posts a little easier to read.

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I do not believe it will be de-constructed but rather it will evolve into a society that is all inclusive and compassionate.