Not any more.

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I was age 9 - 16 when Reagan was in office so I was young but what I do remember in retrospect after reading about it was many of the liberals feelings toward the Soviet Union. They were offended by Reagan calling them the evil empire, didn't want Reagan's confrontational style and many thought we could live side by side equally. Will many of those people admit today they had that opinion? I don't know.
    Odd memory you have there. We disliked Russia (the political part) then and still do, and have a fairly good grasp on the concept that seems to elude most cons these days -- Russia is not our buddy. I disliked Reagan because of his stance against unions and workers in general, which is typical of the GOP so nothing new there. To this day I'm not sure how much credit is due Reagan for the collapse of the Soviet Union, the dismantling of the Berlin Wall, and the other good things of those days, but acknowledge that they *were* good. The Iran-Contra stuff will forever remain a black mark on his presidency in my eyes.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

kudzu (01-19-2019)

5. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Trying to solve the national obesity problem was Michelle's cause, just like Laura's was the “Ready to Read, Ready to Learn” program that focused on early childhood education and teaching innovations. Since when are these bad things? I don't see Melania doing anything with her anti-bullying campaign, besides announcing that she's the most bullied person in the world (haha.)

Btw, it's so much fun for me to watch you obsess over Michelle's fitness, especially when you regularly brag about how fit you are. Maybe you're jealous.
    Yeah, what IS it with all these cons and their mocking of Mrs. Obama's appearance and fitness? Do they seriously prefer the appearance of an emaciated, heavily-redone clothes-horse with crappy style and a Marie Antoinette 'tude? Mrs. Obama's focus on exercise and good nutrition was both timely and well-received. You're right about Mrs. Toadstool's "Be Best" campaign -- she's the biggest victim of bullying, to hear her tell it. Wah wah wah.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-18-2019), kudzu (01-19-2019)

7. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    You're responding to one of the most stupid, repugnant morally-bankrupt individuals on this forum and I get the "-crite"?

You wanna know how stupid he is? I've had him on ignore for years and he still responds to my posts. I think there's a slogan that covers him, something along the lines of insanity being defined as doing the same effing thing over and over again and expecting shite to change.
    The contard boys just cannot help themselves. Your allure, your sparkling wit, your pheromones, your fangs, your whip -- they cannot stay away. Especially Lesion. lol

8. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

I was age 9 - 16 when Reagan was in office so I was young but what I do remember in retrospect after reading about it was many of the liberals feelings toward the Soviet Union. They were offended by Reagan calling them the evil empire, didn't want Reagan's confrontational style and many thought we could live side by side equally. Will many of those people admit today they had that opinion? I don't know.
    I sure as hell will. I was SO GLAD THE COLD WAR was over -why would we want to do it again?

Zero sum madness

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Truth Detector (01-21-2019)

10. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Odd memory you have there. We disliked Russia (the political part) then and still do, and have a fairly good grasp on the concept that seems to elude most cons these days -- Russia is not our buddy. I disliked Reagan because of his stance against unions and workers in general, which is typical of the GOP so nothing new there. To this day I'm not sure how much credit is due Reagan for the collapse of the Soviet Union, the dismantling of the Berlin Wall, and the other good things of those days, but acknowledge that they *were* good. The Iran-Contra stuff will forever remain a black mark on his presidency in my eyes.
    Odd memory? I remember pretty clearly (and from reading about the time period) (some/many) liberals calling Reagan a fascist and war monger for his stance towards the Soviet Union. I think saying there was a strong dislike towards him for his stance is not an exaggeration

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

12. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    I sure as hell will. I was SO GLAD THE COLD WAR was over -why would we want to do it again?

Zero sum madness

I don’t think anyone wants to do it again. I was writing about the attitude towards Reagan and his approach

13. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    People I know that support Trump love the guy. He likes to "goose" Democrats and we all understand that intuitively.
    And they sure do jump, when he does it; but then they come back for more.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

MAGA MAN (01-19-2019)

15. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Odd memory? I remember pretty clearly (and from reading about the time period) (some/many) liberals calling Reagan a fascist and war monger for his stance towards the Soviet Union. I think saying there was a strong dislike towards him for his stance is not an exaggeration
    She's lying.

16. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatFowlWoman View Post
    Mrs. Obama's focus on exercise and good nutrition was both timely and well-received.
    It was?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthy,_Hunger-Free_Kids_Act_of_2010#Criticism

Looks like she couldn't take her own advice.

I've seen your pics. Looks like you don't take Moochelle's advice either.

17. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Whenever the trumpers talk, the word 'hatred' is never far away. It is what they think politics mean. It makes for boring and phoney talk, always. Reagan was a typical bad union man on the make. Why 'hate' anyone so boringly typical of class-treachery? Trumpf is an incredibly bad Hitler-imitation, shambling about in a lesser capitalist crisis. The word you want there is 'contempt'.

18. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cwacko-"I was age 9 - 16 when Reagan was in office so I was young but what I do remember in retrospect after reading about it was many of the liberals feelings toward the Soviet Union. They were offended by Reagan calling them the evil empire, didn't want Reagan's confrontational style and many thought we could live side by side equally. Will many of those people admit today they had that opinion? I don't know."

Well I was pro Reagan then, so no, and I do remember the essential role reversal you are referring to and that is true.

Here is the rationale, Russia was a totalitarian state turning into a nascent democracy and there was some purity in that.
    Russia is now a kleptocratic autocracy maintaining a police state of old Russia, clamps down on dissent and annexes former satellites
    of the cold war.

So Dems are on the right side of this. Reagan was correct on that, Dems are correct on this, hence my absolute intellectual and logical
    purity is maintained and you are on the wrong side of history. What you believe in a Trump Putin perestroika? LMAO, that would simply
    be two mobsters carving up a global crime syndicate right out of a Bond movie.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

kudzu (01-19-2019)

20. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Cwacko-"I was age 9 - 16 when Reagan was in office so I was young but what I do remember in retrospect after reading about it was many of the liberals feelings toward the Soviet Union. They were offended by Reagan calling them the evil empire, didn't want Reagan's confrontational style and many thought we could live side by side equally. Will many of those people admit today they had that opinion? I don't know."

Well I was pro Reagan then, so no, and I do remember the essential role reversal you are referring to and that is true.

Here is the rationale, Russia was a totalitarian state turning into a nascent democracy and there was some purity in that.
    Russia is now a kleptocratic autocracy maintaining a police state of old Russia, clamps down on dissent and annexes former satellites
    of the cold war.

So Dems are on the right side of this. Reagan was correct on that, Dems are correct on this, hence my absolute intellectual and logical
    purity is maintained and you are on the wrong side of history. What you believe in a Trump Putin perestroika? LMAO, that would simply
    be two mobsters carving up a global crime syndicate right out of a Bond movie.
    I "hated" Russia then and I "hate" them now. I also didn't cheer and laugh when Obama said to Romney "the '80's called..."

I have no love for Russia or Putin.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

22. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    I am sorry, but may I just ignore you?

Thanks for your understanding! LOL!
    Go right ahead. That of course means that I win...

23. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post: