Members banned from this thread: Legion, Truth Detector, MAGA MAN and CFM

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tell us again about how secure a wall would be, Trumptards....

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Did you miss the reports where it said that Trump has abandoned the idea of a concrete wall in favor of a steel barrier?

Do you think they're going to pour 2,000 miles of solid, continuous concrete footer underneath a steel slat barrier?

If you do, you're an idiot.

The concrete footers will only be located beneath the vertical posts that divide the sections.

IOW, they'll still be able to tunnel underneath it.

Or were you just hoping no one would figure that out?
    Did you miss the part where I referenced "footings" that the section didn't have; because you appear to believe that footings and a wall are the same thing!!

Since I haven't seen the construction plans, could you forward JPP a copy of the set you've acquired??
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Feel free to pass them on along if you want to.

ICCL.
    I wasn't aware that your permission was required; but thanks anyway.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

There is a term known as "cost/benefit ratio".

You should look it up and ponder it until it's meaning begins to slowly sink in.

Got it, Sir Stinks a lot?
    Ohhh, so like when illegal immigrants cost US taxpayers a hundred plus billion dollars EVERY SINGLE YEAR, but 30 billion or so ONE TIME is a bad cost / benefit decision...

No nads and no brain either.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sirthinksalot For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-19-2019)

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 35 Times in 34 Posts

Let’s not try anything. Let’s continue the same policies we have had for 20 plus years. Every president can continue to talk about immigration and border security and continue to do nothing.
    Let’s just open up the borders and see what happens.

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Here's an idea.... let's piss away billions of taxpayer dollars just so Trump can brag to his idiot base that he kept his biggest campaign promise, while undocumented immigrants still pour underneath it via tunnels, hundreds at a time.

Largest single group of migrants ever tunnels under border wall: CBP
    By Matt Gutman
    SAN LUIS, Ariz. — Jan 18, 2019, 10:54 AM ET

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/larges...ry?id=60462672

The largest single group of asylum seekers ever to cross into the U.S. tunneled beneath the border wall near San Luis, Arizona, on Monday, voluntarily turning themselves into Customs and Border Protection, according to the agency.

Migrants can be seen marching toward Border Patrol agents by the hundreds, according to video obtained by ABC News. Smugglers dug a series of seven holes, only a few feet long beneath the steel border fence, with hundreds going beneath the wall and a smaller number clambering over it, according to CBP.

The fresh sand and scuff marks of shoes on the rusty steel were still there when ABC News visited the site on Thursday.

The agency says 179 of the record 376 people who crossed were children, including over 30 unaccompanied minors -- children under 18 traveling on their own.

The overall number of unauthorized crossings has plummeted since its peak in the 2001, when CBP logged about 1.6 million apprehensions, according to government statistics. However, the demography of those crossing has changed dramatically.

Parents with children now comprise over 80 percent of the total apprehensions of those crossing the 2,000-mile long border with Mexico. The vast majority of them, like the group near Yuma Monday, surrender immediately or seek out Border Patrol agents in order to begin the asylum process.

CBP Yuma Border Sector Chief Anthony Porvaznik said his unit needs better border barriers, but more urgently it needs funding to provide for these families.

"That's our No. 1 challenge that we have here in the Yuma sector, is the humanitarian problem," Porvaznik said. "As I mentioned, 87 percent of the apprehensions here are family units and unaccompanied alien children."

The mass crossing this week took place in a sparsely populated stretch of the border -- where an old model of border barrier rises about 12 feet from the sandy ground. The stretched agency only had three agents patrolling that 26-mile-long section of the border.

It took hours to process the families, most of which were sent to the area’s chronically overcrowded central processing center in Yuma.

"In my 30 years with the Border Patrol, I have not been part of arresting a group of 376 people," Porvaznik said. "That's really unheard of."

On Thursday, hundreds of asylum seekers were being held in cinderblock cells with thick glass windows that overlooked a central bullpen where CBP agents worked to process them and provide humanitarian needs. The asylum seekers were separated into cells: fathers with sons, fathers with daughters, unaccompanied minors and mothers with children.

As in all such facilities, the CBP said it works to process them as quickly as possible, and provides basic medical care. Still, detainees eat, sleep and use the bathroom in the same room. Scraps of food mingled with silvery space blankets on the floor. In one cell, several boys had balled up the blankets into a makeshift soccer ball they were kicking around.

One man in the group said he left Guatemala eight days ago and made most of the trip by bus along with his 12-year-old daughter. They were planning to leave the processing center destined for San Diego -- plane ticket in hand.

The father said he saved about $5,000 to pay a coyote to quickly get them to the border. He left a wife and two younger daughters back in Guatemala. Next to them were a mother and two daughters on their way to Cincinnati, also from Guatemala. They too traveled by bus and the journey took about eight days.

Just two days after the group tunneled under the border wall in Yuma, the Border Patrol took in another huge group of migrants in New Mexico. The 247-person group, including unaccompanied minors, crossed near the Antelope Wells Port of Entry and immediately surrendered to authorities for processing.

The CBP said 24 large groups -- quantified as 100 or more -- have crossed the border near Lordsburg, New Mexico, just since Oct. 1, 2018.
    Maybe they should employ you to threaten them, how about it tough guy?

7. The Following User Groans At cancel2 2022 For This Awful Post:

Nomad (01-19-2019)

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 552 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tkaffen View Post
    Let’s not try anything. Let’s continue the same policies we have had for 20 plus years. Every president can continue to talk about immigration and border security and continue to do nothing.
    Let’s just open up the borders and see what happens.
    The ununited land mass of america?

Walls work. They keep democratic voters out in this case.

I pointed this out before but if they have to build tunnels it only means that walls work.

A lot less people can get in through a tunnel than just walking in. It's just common sense.
    MAGA IS ALIVE AND WELL.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to philly rabbit For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (01-19-2019)

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 552 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Ohhh, so like when illegal immigrants cost US taxpayers a hundred plus billion dollars EVERY SINGLE YEAR, but 30 billion or so ONE TIME is a bad cost / benefit decision...

This whole thing only demonstrates that the left has lost the middle class.

They desperately need to import their voters.
    MAGA IS ALIVE AND WELL.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to philly rabbit For This Post:

Sirthinksalot (01-19-2019), USFREEDOM911 (01-19-2019)

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post

But how much is Trumpf paying them to come and dig tunnels, and is he declaring it?

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,167 Times in 7,619 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    I'm not going to waste my times explaining how a contiguous barrier fees up border guards from chasing across the desert/river to being able to man watch towers.
    OR
    the fact that a barrier means cameras along it ans so forth..
    "THE WALL"...is nothing but a campaign slogan from a con man to the suckers who applauded him. The funny part is the suckers are continuing to suck...even after the con man has been shown to be a con man.

This abomination was no more going to build a wall...than he was going to get Mexico to pay for it.

YOU ARE A BUNCH OF SUCKERS. Stop it. Get your self-pride back.

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,863 Times in 7,936 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Did you miss the part where I referenced "footings" that the section didn't have; because you appear to believe that footings and a wall are the same thing!!

Since I haven't seen the construction plans, could you forward JPP a copy of the set you've acquired??
    Your blabbering bullshit makes no sense as usual.

Common sense and basic construction knowledge, if you had any if either which you obviously don't, would tell you that they can't build a solid, continuous footer or "footing" if you'd rather, all along the thousand or more miles of the wall/fence/barrier.

The only practical way to erect such a barrier, is the same basic idea behind residential privacy fencing. That, as we all know, involves sinking posts at standard intervals (every 8' for home fencing, probably every 20 or 30 feet for the Trump fence) then attaching the pre-fabbed panels to the posts. Certainly the panels would go beneath the ground several feet, but probably not too deep for motivated and determined tunnelers to dig underneath.

IOW, any new version of the wall will have the same vulnerability as the old one - spaces between the vertical supports where there is no concrete underground which will enable tunnelling.

The sooner the Trumptards accept the fact that they were sold a big empty promise, the better off we'll all be.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Maybe they should employ you to threaten them, how about it tough guy?
    Or maybe they should hire you to make lame, stupid, limp-wristed insults at them and call them septic cunts over and over and over again until they get bored and leave.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Your blabbering bullshit makes no sense as usual.

Common sense and basic construction knowledge, if you had any if either which you obviously don't, would tell you that they can't build a solid, continuous footer or "footing" if you'd rather, all along the thousand or more miles of the wall/fence/barrier.

The only practical way to erect such a barrier, is the same basic idea behind residential privacy fencing. That, as we all know, involves sinking posts at standard intervals (every 8' for home fencing, probably every 20 or 30 feet for the Trump fence) then attaching the pre-fabbed panels to the posts. Certainly the panels would go beneath the ground several feet, but probably not too deep for motivated and determined tunnelers to dig underneath.

IOW, any new version of the wall will have the same vulnerability as the old one - spaces between the vertical supports where there is no concrete underground which will enable tunnelling.

The sooner the Trumptards accept the fact that they were sold a big empty promise, the better off we'll all be.

17. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post

Nothing but your usual deflection.

It's obvious from my post that I do not "believe that footings and the wall are the same thing".

Like I said, the new wall/fence/barrier would almost certainly have the same condition you're pissing your diaper about on the section that got tunneled under.

Common sense and basic knowledge, neither of which you seem to have, should tell you that they aren't going to pour a thousand to two thousand miles of continuous concrete footings that would be deep enough to prevent tunnelling.

But you go ahead and keep on tap dancing around reality if that makes you happy.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nothing but your usual deflection.

It's obvious from my post that I do not "believe that footings and the wall are the same thing".

Like I said, the new wall/fence/barrier would almost certainly have the same condition you're pissing your diaper about on the section that got tunneled under.

Common sense and basic knowledge, neither of which you seem to have, should tell you that they aren't going to pour a thousand to two thousand miles of continuous concrete footings that would be deep enough to prevent tunnelling.

But you go ahead and keep on tap dancing around reality if that makes you happy.
    Then why did you mention "wall" when I showed that the area had no footings; instead of addressing that the main reason they were able to tunnel under, was because of no footing?

Do you even know why that section is the way it is?

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,007 Times in 25,616 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    yea right, It's not the money they are so protecting, it's any hope of defeating trump, which is kind of stupid anyway,
    Trumps base is solid, it is apparent to them that Trump is not the reason there is no wall

and if I was to start a thread on how the wall won't work, I would at least get a basic understanding of the designs being proposed
    That base is cracking. Looks like some of them are finally realizing how trump's screwing them over.

"As the longest government shutdown in history nears its one-month anniversary, a new poll shows President Trump taking a significant hit among his base.

A survey from NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist published Thursday found that Trump's approval rating is down among suburban men, white evangelicals, Republicans, and white men without a college degree. The most drastic change was among suburban men, 42 percent of whom approve of Trump while 48 percent disapprove, compared to 51 percent approval and 39 percent disapproval last month.

Additionally, among white evangelicals, Trump is down to 66-to-23 approval from 73-to-17 approval last month. Among Republicans, he's down to 83-to-10 percent approval from 90-to-7 percent last month. Finally, among white men without a college degree, he's down to 50-to-35 percent approval from 56-to-34 last month."

https://theweek.com/speedreads/81825...ing-poll-finds

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens