Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "You are so stupid, you got conned by Donald Trump"

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Conservatism was around long before Trump and will be around long after he’s gone. But when you’re partisan hacks...
    No it won't be.

It will exist on the fringes, where it belongs.

It won't have a representative voice in government because it's a bankrupt belief system that was a natural fit for Donald Trump.

You aren't going to be able to "No True Scotsman" your way outta this mess.

Your lifeboat is on fire.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And of course you will be intellectually dishonest as you say defending and supporting conservatism is defending Trump.
    Trump is Conservatism.

He wouldn't be the standard bearer if Conservatism wasn't as morally, fiscally, and intellectually bankrupt as him.

There's a reason he ran as a Republican, and there's a reason Conservatives voted for him and continue defending him.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,895 Times in 21,659 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,685 Times in 5,188 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump is about Trump. The core tenants of conservativism, free people and free markets, have not changed. Of course you want to label it as something different. And of course you will be intellectually dishonest as you say defending and supporting conservatism is defending Trump. Conservatism was around long before Trump and will be around long after he’s gone. But when you’re partisan hacks...
    Those in Government who embrace Conservatism have also embraced Rump and "hired" him to promote Conservatism.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Trump is about Trump. The core tenants of conservativism, free people and free markets, have not changed.
    Those aren't "tenants". Those are empty and hollow and ambiguous goalposts that you shift the moment anything reflects poorly on them, like Trump.

Nice try, but that "No True Scotsman" lifeboat was the first one that was burned.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Those in Government who embrace Conservatism have also embraced Rump and "hired" him to promote Conservatism.
    Cawacko is trying the "No True Scotsman" defense.

Nobody told him that was the first lifeboat that was burned. Or they did and he ignored them because he wanted to be right.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Cawacko is trying the "No True Scotsman" defense.

Nobody told him that was the first lifeboat that was burned. Or they did and he ignored them because he wanted to be right.
    I hate to be disloyal, but I am afraid he is right, they tied themselves to W and the Iraq war, and came back quickly by disavowing it. They are very susceptible to trickery and fake patriotism and will do it again and again. True intelligent Americans are doomed to a life of two steps forward, one step back forever.

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

LV426 (01-18-2019)

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

I supported Marco Rubio for President. If Rubio cut taxes I would have supported it. I’m not going to not support it because Trump did it. If Rubio had put coservative judges on the court I would have supported it. I’m not going to not support it because Trump did it. There were multiple positions of Trump I don’t support and i’ve spoken about them.

It’s called having principles in what I believe. When Bill Clinton signed welfare reform and cut capital gains taxes I didn’t know say I was against those positions because I didn’t vote for Clinton. Again, it’s having principles. You and LV think you either support or oppose someone 100%. No thank you.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I hate to be disloyal, but I am afraid he is right, they tied themselves to W and the Iraq war, and came back quickly by disavowing it. They are very susceptible to trickery and fake patriotism and will do it again and again. True intelligent Americans are doomed to a life of two steps forward, one step back forever.
    And yet your party nominated, and you voted for, someone who voted in Congress to authorize our actions in Iraq. Think about that.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And yet your party nominated, and you voted for, someone who voted in Congress to authorize our actions in Iraq. Think about that.
    Yes, someone who apologized and admitted it was a mistake. Would Rump ever admit a mistake?

LOCK HIM UP!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

LV426 (01-18-2019)

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    This should preface any response to any Conservative.

Every response to every Conservative should start with the sentence: "You are so stupid, you got conned by Donald Trump."

Every single reply, tweet, post, etc. should all start with that sentence.

They can never be allowed to float away from that.
    You were conned into thinking Michelle Obama was a woman, and Barry was straight! I will take my lumps with Trump, you now like the lump under Michelle's dress when they are to tight!

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes, someone who apologized and admitted it was a mistake. Would Rump ever admit a mistake?
    So what. If Iraq was such a monumental blunder a simple apology is all that needed? Same with Libya?

How many times do I have to say I didn’t vote for Trump Jarod? Just another case in point you only see the world through the President. No other principles

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

They got the Supreme Court nominees they wanted, but they were conned when they chose to believe all the other stuff, and that the damage done was worth the Supreme Court.
    The only one who's been conned, Is YOU. By the lamestream media. You're just pissed because Trump is getting shit done, in spite of your best efforts. Your Keystone Kop-like, fake counterintelligence investigation/coup attempt, is coming apart at the seams. I would say your tears will be delicious but, ewww.
    Every life matters

15. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

TOP (01-18-2019)

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    You were conned into thinking Michelle Obama was a woman, and Barry was straight! I will take my lumps with Trump, you now like the lump under Michelle's dress when they are to tight!
    You are so dumb, a reality TV show host tricked you into voting for him.

17. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    The only one who's been conned, Is YOU. By the lamestream media. You're just pissed because Trump is getting shit done, in spite of your best efforts. Your Keystone Kop-like, fake counterintelligence investigation/coup attempt, is coming apart at the seams. I would say your tears will be delicious but, ewww.
    Thanks for burning your own lifeboat.

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I supported Marco Rubio for President. If Rubio cut taxes I would have supported it. I’m not going to not support it because Trump did it. If Rubio had put coservative judges on the court I would have supported it. I’m not going to not support it because Trump did it. There were multiple positions of Trump I don’t support and i’ve spoken about them.

It’s called having principles in what I believe. When Bill Clinton signed welfare reform and cut capital gains taxes I didn’t know say I was against those positions because I didn’t vote for Clinton. Again, it’s having principles. You and LV think you either support or oppose someone 100%. No thank you.
    And yet you defend Trumps criminality and lying.

LOCK HIM UP!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

LV426 (01-18-2019)