Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Michael Gove's attack on Corbyn showed wit, irony and ferocity beyond the usual feint

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Thank You.
    There are trade deals already prepared with Canada, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. If you choose to.believe a fool like Iolo then suit yourself. Kacper and myself are about the only ones on here that know what's going on, but you carry on believing in idiots instead.b

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Jack (01-22-2019)

3. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    There are trade deals already prepared with Canada, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. If you choose to.believe a fool like Iolo then suit yourself. Kacper and myself are about the only ones on here that know what's going on, but you carry on believing in idiots instead.b
    I will refrain from commenting on this any further.

(Unless, of course, there is a Second Referendum. Then ... you will suffer an IMMENSE amount of "I told you so")

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

(Unless, of course, there is a Second Referendum. Then ... you will suffer an IMMENSE amount of "I told you so")
    Macron and Merkel are already trying to take over the EU!!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...-treaty-latest

5. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Promise!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Jack (01-22-2019)

7. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

People haven't changed their minds, another vote would have the same result!!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/10...eferendum-poll

8. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Sure. When you find a person who voted for Brexit who thought that meant to remain then I will believe you. Until then, better get ready. May has survived two coup attempts and has made it clear she will not withdraw her notice. Tick Tock.
    The people who voted for Brexit mainly wanted to spite the governing class, the immigrants who do the work they don't want to and the young. They also had a vague notion their masters would give adequate money to the NHS for once. They knew bugger all about the EU, how the Government worked or anything much, really, and their majority has already died senile.

9. The Following User Groans At iolo For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-23-2019)

10. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post
    The people who voted for Brexit mainly wanted to spite the governing class, the immigrants who do the work they don't want to and the young. They also had a vague notion their masters would give adequate money to the NHS for once. They knew bugger all about the EU, how the Government worked or anything much, really, and their majority has already died senile.
    Yet May says there isn't support for a second referendum. The EU says there will be a hard border with Ireland. Your side can stop clutching its pearls and actually accept some sort of deal or not. Either way, Brexit is a reality. It is just a matter of sorting the details. Tick Tock.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

12. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yet May says there isn't support for a second referendum. The EU says there will be a hard border with Ireland. Your side can stop clutching its pearls and actually accept some sort of deal or not. Either way, Brexit is a reality. It is just a matter of sorting the details. Tick Tock.
    Iolo lives in a land that time forgot, it's still the 70s in Tonypandy.

13. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Mrs May, as you know, is unaware of anyone outside the tory party membership. There are very few members, and they average something well over retirement age. I have no particular side except Reason, which should take us back into the EU as soon as possible, and if possible lock up a few of the lying criminals who got us in this ludicrous mess!

14. The Following User Groans At iolo For This Awful Post:

15. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Mrs May, as you know, is unaware of anyone outside the tory party membership. There are very few members, and they average something well over retirement age. I have no particular side except Reason, which should take us back into the EU as soon as possible, and if possible lock up a few of the lying criminals who got us in this ludicrous mess!
    Labour has Brexit supporters and Brexit has people who voted to remain who have accepted that the will of the people, no matter how unsavory, must be carried out, and therefore oppose a do-over vote. The most recent polling I could find has remainers at 47% with a huge chunk of undecideds, so even in the face of a hard brexit, there does not seem to be a clear argument that the majority of the people definitely wish to remain.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

17. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Iolo lives in a land that time forgot, it's still the 70s in Tonypandy.
    bell bottom pants were cool.......I wish they would bring them back, especially the corduroy one. I don't know why corduroy ever went out of style

18. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Labour has Brexit supporters and Brexit has people who voted to remain who have accepted that the will of the people, no matter how unsavory, must be carried out, and therefore oppose a do-over vote. The most recent polling I could find has remainers at 47% with a huge chunk of undecideds, so even in the face of a hard brexit, there does not seem to be a clear argument that the majority of the people definitely wish to remain.
    Why do you think a silly manoeuvre by a tory politician to beat some other tories is 'the will of the people'? Was there something magic about the date, perhaps? A lot of ignorant people were lied to by criminals, as under Hitler. Polls, as always, vary with who runs them and the method used, but everything I read suggests that only a minority now support this silly suicide, and I'm damned if I want them to murder me and mine

19. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why do you think a silly manoeuvre by a tory politician to beat some other tories is 'the will of the people'? Was there something magic about the date, perhaps? A lot of ignorant people were lied to by criminals, as under Hitler. Polls, as always, vary with who runs them and the method used, but everything I read suggests that only a minority now support this silly suicide, and I'm damned if I want them to murder me and mine
    The latest poll I saw was from a week ago and only a minority wished to remain as well. As I said, there is a chunk of undecideds. Since the remainers cannot get a poll majority, there isn't even an equitable argument for a second referendum. Your side lost. Your side still cannot demonstrate it is in the majority. Corbyn hasn't even committed Labour to remaining--only to defeating any May deal--a decision that will have serious repercussions for them if it becomes a no-deal brexit as it inevitably will be.

20. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The latest poll I saw was from a week ago and only a minority wished to remain as well. As I said, there is a chunk of undecideds. Since the remainers cannot get a poll majority, there isn't even an equitable argument for a second referendum. Your side lost. Your side still cannot demonstrate it is in the majority. Corbyn hasn't even committed Labour to remaining--only to defeating any May deal--a decision that will have serious repercussions for them if it becomes a no-deal brexit as it inevitably will be.
    There is NO sensible Brexit, as you know - just a lot of liars and half-wits disgracing the Country with their fatuous mooing. If there is no majority for anything sensible, get back to the last time there was sense, before they started spreading this hogwash.

21. The Following User Groans At iolo For This Awful Post:

22. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There is NO sensible Brexit, as you know - just a lot of liars and half-wits disgracing the Country with their fatuous mooing. If there is no majority for anything sensible, get back to the last time there was sense, before they started spreading this hogwash.
    I would have voted for Brexit. I see that there is no sensible long-term reason to be in the EU that cannot be sorted out with just travel and trade deals. On that, we will just have to disagree

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post: