Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What do you think... At what point does Rump cave? Pelosi?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Can the GOvernment refuse to let the Coast Guard quit if they dont pay?
    Trump doesn't mind if we get to find out. Do Chuck and Nancy feel the same? Seems like it. They want it to happen so they can use it. They don't really care or they wouldn't have allowed it to happen. We know Trump doesn't care. Why are they pretending to care?

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    I say $2.5 Billion ... ALL for Boarder Security and Technology ... not one Cent for a Wall.

I would say take it or STFU ...
    Nothing for the Dreamers?

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

The president's approval ratings appear to be in free-fall, even among uneducated white men, the approval is dropping.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oval-6179.html

At what point does he cave? What if he drops into the 20's? Would he care? What if an airplane drops out of the sky because someone got a bomb on? What if e coli kills 5 kids in the Midwest because of un-inspected food?

Same for Pelosi and Schumer? I haven't seen polling data on them, but when do you think they would cave? What might cause them to back down?
    Trump doesn’t care about poll numbers [omg, I’m going to miss the guy at some point] and Chuck and Nancy are typical politicians so that’s about all they care about.

You can figure it from there.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,897 Times in 21,661 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,689 Times in 5,192 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    I'm trying to be honest to your question.

I think "we", maybe not bourbon and LV426 and a few others (they have gone full boat nutbag), but "we" who try and rationalize these things realize this isn't about the "wall" with Democrats.
    Has nothing to do with the "wall". It's about stopping Trump from forfilling his "promise". The only real "experts" on the need for the wall is the border patrol agents on the front line. And I'm thinking they could make a pretty compelling case if paraded out to the cameras. Would not be a good optic for the Democrats.
    Why Trump hasn't done that is curious.

And we have all seen the clips of Schumer and Obama raging against illegals and the need to stem the flow, the illegal crossings, etc.

Geraldo said it best, "give him the damn wall, it can't hurt and 5 billion is not a lot of money in the grand scheme.
    The Dems may be beyond being able to "cave" so to speak. If they were forward thinking enough they could have asked for a lot of concessions and gotten them.

But they didn't, so here we are, war of wills
    I think the reason the Border Patrol has not been paraded out is because there are just as many who think it is an idiotic idea as who like the idea. I do not believe that they are really the ones I would listen to, thats like asking a beat cop how to stop drug abuse. I care about what security and wall experts say, and they say its dumb.

Rump has not even defined what he wants, big picture. At one point he said, "a beautiful physical wall from sea to shining sea." Other times he has said that parts of the border do not need a wall. I think a wall in suburban and urban areas is a good idea, but in the rural areas it is dumb. If Rump would say what his plan was, we could work on it.

Geraldo's statement could just as easily be turned around and we could say to Trump, "Just cave on the wall, you cant do much with 5 billion anyway in the grand scheme.

But if Trump learns that shutting down the government would work, he will return to it again and again for the rest of the 40 billion he wants for the wall for example.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

5. The Following User Groans At Jarod For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-16-2019)

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Nothing for the Dreamers?
    I would like that to come outside this negotiation.

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    Trump doesn't mind if we get to find out. Do Chuck and Nancy feel the same? Seems like it. They want it to happen so they can use it. They don't really care or they wouldn't have allowed it to happen. We know Trump doesn't care. Why are they pretending to care?
    They dont care yet, but that is what this thread is about, when do they start caring and who cares enough first?

LOCK HIM UP!

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Beto Omar View Post
    Trump doesn’t care about poll numbers [omg, I’m going to miss the guy at some point] and Chuck and Nancy are typical politicians so that’s about all they care about.

You can figure it from there.
    You are silly if you don't think Rump cares about Poll numbers, its all he cares about, that and ratings. Every time his approval ratings come anywhere close to approaching 50% he is on the internet screaming about it.

LOCK HIM UP!

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They dont care yet, but that is what this thread is about, when do they start caring and who cares enough first?
    I could be wrong, but I think Trump would sacrifice a second term to win this.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,683 Times in 27,327 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

I think as soon as Trump finds a way to eloquently expose the hypocrisy of Schumer and Pelosi, the Dems will give him the money.

<snip>
    Trump said Mexico was paying for the wall.

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I could be wrong, but I think Trump would sacrifice a second term to win this.
    HA, he is only doing this because of how desperate his ego is for a second term.

LOCK HIM UP!

12. The Following User Groans At Jarod For This Awful Post:

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

HA, he is only doing this because of how desperate his ego is for a second term.
    Apart from the ‘principled’ Chuck and Nancy lol?

The whole thing is stupid. Democrats have shut down the government [or provoked Trump into it—same difference] over 5 billion dollars in a trillion dollar budget.

Democrats are lucky they all but own the media.

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

I would like that to come outside this negotiation.
    This might be the only way you get it on favorable grounds. Give Trump what he wants in return for what Dems want.

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Apart from the ‘principled’ Chuck and Nancy lol?

The whole thing is stupid. Democrats have shut down the government [or provoked Trump into it—same difference] over 5 billion dollars in a trillion dollar budget.

Democrats are lucky they all but own the media.
    Trump has shut down the government over 5 billion dollars in a trillion dollar budget. (See how that works both ways?)

LOCK HIM UP!

16. The Following User Groans At Jarod For This Awful Post:

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This might be the only way you get it on favorable grounds. Give Trump what he wants in return for what Dems want.
    Trump wants the DREAMERS also, he has said so.

LOCK HIM UP!

18. The Following User Groans At Jarod For This Awful Post:

19. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 Times in 2,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 163 Times in 155 Posts

I think as soon as Trump finds a way to eloquently expose the hypocrisy of Schumer and Pelosi, the Dems will give him the money.
    And that shouldn't be hard to do, someone in Trumps circle will eventually realize that showing the clip of Chucky, Obama and company expressing how important a "barrier" is just a few short years ago. In tandem with bringing Border patrol agents in front of the cameras begging for a "barrier" to help them do their job, in tandem with "Angel" mothers and family who have lost loved ones.
    Basically just an all out truth bomb.

Not sure what's taking so long, other than to think that like everything else Trump does he want's it to play out exactly like it is.
    Trump... eloquent?